Indiana Jones in New Haven - news, updates and everything else

Gear

Avilos said:
indyt any artifact Indy finds would not have anything to do with the real history
of 1957. Was the Lost Ark really discovered in 1936? ;) Real artifacts were found by real people. They would never shoehorn Indy into a real archaeological dig. Also no real life discoveries would be exiting enough. Indy's discoveries exist in a secret history that most of the world never learns about.

Thats just what I was getting at a few weeks ago! The Nazi's did find some interesting stuff but so did our government. Not just ancient artifacts but also other worldy things... But this is another topic for another thread.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/05/city_clears_pat.php
On Monday, Indiana Jones bursts through Yale's Branford College courtyard on the motorcycle, continuing on through Saybrook College. Tuesday, he'll head to a Yale baseball diamond off Derby Avenue, which has a tunnel running under it, according to Martin's research.
"I'm sure they're going to make it try to fly out of the tunnel," Martin told the aldermen. Then Indy "steals a football from practice and uses it as a weapon," he said. (Martin later elaborated the football throw was just an example of a possible moment of lighthearted comic relief, not a guarantee.) Thursday, the chase will hit downtown's Wall Street, then Friday, it'll fly by Yale's Sterling Memorial Library, on to Woolsey Hall, where the film crew hopes to stage the finale.
Ford bursts through Commons, which is set up to look like a study hall. "Books will be flying, students will be running." If all goes as currently planned, a Sedan may flip over outside on Grove Street.

Dr.Sartorius

DaFedora

Oh man , I just read the article at the New Haven Independent papers: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/05/city_clears_pat.php

I wish I didn't somehow... but I hope for some fun around the library...

Jeez, they're looking for 500 extra's and I bet the Indy fans in the vicinity won't want to miss that opportunity!

It won't be long before spy set photo's will be seeping through...
I couldn't restrain myself either when I walked onto the Tatooine hamlet set in construction while I was in Tunisia five years ago (Lucas was reportedly coming over two weaks later for principal photography for Episode II). I was thrilled to think Lucas would stand right where I was standing two weeks later... and I couldn't prolong the holidays however... there was some security too but let me take some photos anyway.

Dr.Sartorius

Some new production info:

From the New Haven Register:
06/03/2007

WEST HAVEN — Move over, L.A.

"Hollywood West" — as in West Haven — may be growing into a prime set for Tinseltown's A-list actors this summer.

The nickname jokingly rolled off the tongue of city spokesman Michael P. Walsh when he confirmed this week that West Haven may join the elite status of New Haven as the production location for a major movie.

No, make that two major movies.

Within the last two weeks, representatives of both the Robert De Niro and Al Pacino thriller, "Righteous Kill," and the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" series rubbed shoulders with city officials to discuss potential sites throughout West Haven.

She also referred the "Indiana Jones" film crew to the First Congregational Church in West Haven when they asked if she knew of any quaint white churches in the area.

Paramount Pictures representative Abby Eon, in a letter to the city, said the producers for the PG-rated action-adventure film are considering using the exterior of the historic church on the Green, "with actors entering and exiting the church."

Neither Eon nor church officials returned calls seeking further comment.

"Since the movie is set in 1957, we will need to have only our period 'picture cars' on the street (both driving and parked)," wrote Eon. Yale University's practice field on Derby Avenue may also be transformed into a stunt-packed action scene on July 3. Shooting in New Haven is set to begin June 28.

According to Police Chief Ronald M. Quagliani, the West Haven Board of Police Commissioners will consider during its Tuesday meeting Paramount's request to close Derby Avenue intermittently on July 3 and 6 between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

Uhmmm....PG rated....?

http://tinyurl.com/264cfr

BTW:

An open casting call for the fourth installment of the modern classic adventure series, starring Harrison Ford, will be held June 11 and 12, according to Billy Dowd Casting.

If you're over 18 and want to get paid for possibly standing in the background on Chapel Street as Ford is filmed on his motorcycle, go to the Omni Hotel at Yale between 1 and 9 p.m. on either day. The photo is not returnable.
http://tinyurl.com/2fo7oq

Gobi-1

Is Indy getting left at the alter? One more script element from The Saucer Men From Mars.

Finn

Staff member
First of all, PG-13 is also referred as "PG-rated" on screen.

Then, the church. You know, I'd lean towards a funeral. We don't have just one, but two possible characters whose casket it may be.
Of course, even if it's a wedding, we yet don't know whose.

Gobi-1

Never thought about a funeral. Still I think there's a lot of evidence suggesting scenes and ideas from The Saucer Men of Mars script ended up in the final script.

Finn

Staff member
Still, let's not forget that lot of this "evidence" that's been spread around could be complete hoax. Ironically enough, this far New Haven Register appears to be one of our most trustworthy sources...

Gobi-1

I agree. The Register is what I was basing my opinion own. I'm really looking forward to their coverage when shooting begins.

Dr.Sartorius

I wonder if we're going to get any news reports when the movie starts filming in LA this week. Maybe it already has started filming in L.A.?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Gobi-1 said:
Never thought about a funeral. Still I think there's a lot of evidence suggesting scenes and ideas from The Saucer Men of Mars script ended up in the final script.
Hold on there for just a moment...SMM is NOT, repeat, NOT the script being used. Lucas, and come to think of it Hollywood at large, never throws a good idea away. Instead that good idea become a part of anothe good idea. That is what we are seeing with this new script/movie. There will be some elements that are going to be reused simply because they were good ideas. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Dr.Sartorius

New Indy 4 story up at the New Haven Independent!

The Classic Cars of Indy 4:

green%20car.jpg

Indiana Jones Comes Calling -- For Classic Engines

by Linda Cuckovich | June 4, 2007 12:08 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Indiana Jones’s dramatic chase through downtown New Haven next month will unfold against a back-drop of classic cars like this one — assuming, that is, that the film’s props department can convince 40 owners to park their mint-condition autos for the spectacle.

chrysler%20new%20yorker.jpg

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/06/extras_with_eng.php#005222more

Finn

Staff member
Aaron H said:
Hold on there for just a moment...SMM is NOT, repeat, NOT the script being used. Lucas, and come to think of it Hollywood at large, never throws a good idea away. Instead that good idea become a part of anothe good idea. That is what we are seeing with this new script/movie. There will be some elements that are going to be reused simply because they were good ideas. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I think Gobi was already suggesting that only stuff from that scrapped piece made it into the one now being shot, not the whole story.