2nd Trailer - initial impressions

lynchpin

Kingsley said:

• All in all, I think the last dialogue of the "happy family" was the weakest part of a pretty good trailer.

• I'd agree. Maybe it's just surprising to see Marion, after all these years, all smiles and jokes in the middle of the action.

Their reaction to the bazooka seems a little silly to me, as does Mutt's look when Indy tell's him "Don't touch anything."

Indy taking out three guys on the truck by jumping on them? Most replayed moment of the trailer. Awesome.

Also:

We do this old fashion way.

Last edited:

eroc

sarah navarro said:
Me too:eek: :D :D :D
Tears came to my eyes,i watched it a million times now.I think this really might be the best Indy yet!
When Indy comes out with the bazooka he says something like, "if i were you id cover my ears".Is that what he said?or did he say A**?

"If I were you I'd cover my ears."

And I agree, it looks like the best Indy evvvvvvvvvvver.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
lynchpin said:
Indy taking out three guys on the truck by jumping on them? Most replayed moment of the trailer. Awesome.

Yeah, I just love how silly and completely uncontrolled it looks...just great.

Skipper

Did you guys catch the allusion to TOD when Indy tells Mutt, "Don't touch anything." ? It was like Indy and Short Round in the room with the spikes.

foreignerfred

Skipper said:
Did you guys catch the allusion to TOD when Indy tells Mutt, "Stop. Don't touch anything."?

What he says throws back to TOD and what he does in that scene brings back Indy and Satipo in the temple at the beginning of ROTLA.

No Ticket

HOLY Shiiiiizit....

I gave in. I watched it. And it looks terrific. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that trailer. The basic plot sounds cool, doesn't give too much away.

It was perfectly Indy to me. I like how the bazooka pops into frame and freaks Mutt and Marion out. lol. Gosh, this looks better than I was expecting.

I was almost in tears I was smiling so hard when the Raiders march kicked in. IIIIiii cannnn't waiiiiit... I'm as giddy as a school boy. No! A school girl.

Can I take that back?

commontone

lynchpin said:
I'd agree. Maybe it's just surprising to see Marion, after all these years, all smiles and jokes in the middle of the action.

Their reaction to the bazooka seems a little silly to me

I kind of thought the same thing, since presumably it's in the middle of a huge chase scene..esp the way Mutt says, with casual curiosity and no apparent anxiety, "Hm, what's he gonna do now?"

But really, we have no context to place this stuff in yet, just little three second blurbs. No good reason to judge or make predictions based on that.

MattJones

I still don't understand how people hate the trailer or think it is "silly."

Go back and watch the trilogy. You should reestablish why you are an Indy fan.

No Ticket

MattJones said:
I still don't understand how people hate the trailer or thing it is "silly."

Go back and watch the trilogy. You should reestablish why you are an Indy fan.

Yeah me neither. What's silly about their reactions to the bazooka? Good grief, that seems like a page right out of classic Indy.