Any new pics?

Echo22

It's Not the Years, It's the Mileage...

One thing that is encouraging is that, in Cross Roads, they are not necessarily going for a younger look. Like Firewall, he's playing his own age. Ford has always come across older in the more serious roles. When you throw a little humor and that grin - plus a few stunts (or "physical acting") in there, you have a much more youthful character. Indy is a young and over confident son of a ____. Giddy as a school boy, right? I'm not sure how his character will have evolved over the last few scripts...er years - But i can't imagine they'd ever take away that aspect of his persona and replace him with a less interesting Hollywood Homicide replica. The pictures of him lately do not do him justice. Remember, he was damn near 50 when he filmed Last Crusade (46ish). He's 65 in July - My guess is that Indy 4 will take place in 1952-1955 era and you'll see a much more youthful Ford wearing the fedora - But definitely old enough to have a son. :(

HFFan

Saw this thread and thought I'd share a couple of photos. (These are courtesy of harrisonfordweb.com) They were taken a little over a month ago. I think the 'casual' look makes him younger, and he's definitely looking trim.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
It'll also wash the bad taste of Firewall out of our mouths
Hope so. Last time he went south of the border (Clear and Present Danger) the plot deviated from the excellent novel into an episode of the Fall Guy.
danger.jpg

Sankara

@Echo 22

Wrong! He is not playing his own age in "Firewall"! Jack Stanfield is much younger.

Last edited:

Echo22

Never saw Firewall. But what I've heard is that there was very little effort to seem any younger - even though his character may have been. Like in Hollywood Homicide. It almost seemed like he was trying to act older to play off his younger co-star. I would hope they're not planning that for Indy and LeBeouf's character. How old is Indy in Last Crusade? 38-39? I'm thinking early to mid 50's for the next one. He can swing it.

And judging by his pics with the Aviator shades, it looks to me like he's ready!
I'm a good 30 years younger and he's definitely got me beat.
Off to the gym!

deckard24

Ford looks like Vince McMahon from WWE in the Crossing Over pics! Especially the first one, he's even making that face that McMahon does. Hysterical!!

HFFan

Sankara said:
@Echo 22

Wrong! He is not playing his own age in "Firewall"! Jack Stanfield is much younger.

Someone please correct me, but I don't believe Stanfield's age was ever given, and I never got the impression that the character was much younger than Harrison. That was why there was criticism about his family being too young. IMO, the character really aged Harrison. (The constant stressed demeanor, the shorter haircut, the suit and tie, etc...) The same thing could happen with the character he's playing in Crossing Over.

No matter what, I think the audience needs to prepare itself that Indy is not going to look like he did twenty years ago. As we can see from the recent photos, Harrison looks great, but his face is still going to be on a HUGE movie screen. That movie screen is unforgiving. It will show every wrinkle, sag, and flaw. But in the end, he's still Indy, and hopefully that rugged charm will shine through.

San Holo

deckard24 said:
Ford looks like Vince McMahon from WWE in the Crossing Over pics! Especially the first one, he's even making that face that McMahon does. Hysterical!!
I hear that his big fight scene in this movie is with Stone Cold Steve Austin....what?

Ancary

San Holo said:
I hear that his big fight scene in this movie is with Stone Cold Steve Austin....what?

LOL

I´ve been checking the pics, and i just have to say he looks more than ready to be Indiana again.

fedoraboy

Give him a haircut and he'll be ready to go...hopefully, if all goes to plan, within two month's well have some pics of him in the jacket and fedora - now there's a sight worth waiting for!

Sankara

@HFFan
Oh - that's no problem!

Watch the opening title of "Firewall". Jack Stanfield was born in 1953. So he is eleven Years younger than Ford.

They gaven him this young Kids to make him younger.

fedoraboy

These are the best photo's yet, I couldn't be more optimistic about his look in Indy 4 after seeing these.

deckard24

He's still looking a lot like his character in Frantic or Dr. Richard Kimble minus the beard to me. At least his hair is longer, and he's not rocking the Alfalfa style anymore! Hard to believe he's 65, it's not easy to have your childhood heores age.