Toy Fair Coverage

metalinvader

tnswman said:
Is this everyone's 1st toy fair??? Really... you do realize that hese are painted wax Prototypes right? the final product will be just as good as SW and Joe... All of their EARLY stuff looks like this!

Have a little faith...If you can't have that, educate yourselves on the prototype workings compared to the retail re;ease.

Well said.Hasbro is investing alot into this line and they have even said they want to get years out of this line.They will do Indy justice.Watch and see!:cool:

MaxPhactor23

tnswman said:
Is this everyone's 1st toy fair??? Really... you do realize that hese are painted wax Prototypes right? the final product will be just as good as SW and Joe... All of their EARLY stuff looks like this!

Have a little faith...If you can't have that, educate yourselves on the prototype workings compared to the retail re;ease.

I fail to see your point. Wax made sculpts and poor paint applications have NOTHING to do with the sculpt itself. My issues are with the sculpt molds. They're mostly hideous. Especially with Harrison himself. That looks NOTHING like Indiana Jones. So please, you have no reason to be so condescending to the naysayers. Your point is moot. :gun:

Last edited:

barranca

Thanks for those, the 12" talking indy is better than I expected. Those figure pics are better than others I've seen that were actually quite worrying. I have to have that ARK! and that sihouette? Thats the 'crystal skeleton on thron figure', we've heard about !!

Deckard

barranca said:
Thanks for those, the 12" talking indy is better than I expected. Those figure pics are better than others I've seen that were actually quite worrying. I have to have that ARK! and that sihouette? Thats the 'crystal skeleton on thron figure', we've heard about !!

The deluxe ark! The 12" ARK! Nice. Also have you guys seen this Mola Ram w/ a little heart? Not hasbro :

http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=523

12" Ark

http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=512&size=big

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
I like the figures! These are small pieces, and I think they will all be cool in person. well, not all, but most! :)

Trev

Deckard

Trevor G said:
I like the figures! These are small pieces, and I think they will all be cool in person. well, not all, but most! :)

Trev

Hey Trev, this is a little off topic but do you have any idea if Sideshow will reveal any Jurassic Park stuff soon?

barranca

Thanks Deck' thats the best 12" ark pic yet, I have a 1/6 'model' already but I have to have that, the finish is incredible.

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
judging by the shadowy pictures on their website, it looks like their first JP piece will be debuted next week!

I'm excited about those too...I had nothing to do with them, but as a fan of Stan Winston's work on that film, I can't WAIT to see the pieces.

Trev

Deckard

Trevor G said:
judging by the shadowy pictures on their website, it looks like their first JP piece will be debuted next week!

I'm excited about those too...I had nothing to do with them, but as a fan of Stan Winston's work on that film, I can't WAIT to see the pieces.

Trev

Thats great news Trev, thanks. I sure hope they make a Barbasol Can w/ Embryos.

tnswman

Look at those Indy 4 games.

I am going to have 2-3 of EVERYTHING!!

I LOVE the Indy 4 Harrison Ford face Sculpt!!

LOL!! the nay-sayers have NO idea the kind of quality we are looking at here for a 1st year line!

AMAZING!!

I wonder what is in that opening of the temple playset top?

MaxPhactor23

Is it me?or is anyone else seeing a lot of inconsistency here? I?m seeing three different versions of the ?same? products. The first pictures to appear of the Crystal Skull figures were completely hideous. The second ones were completely different sculpts. Harrison actually mildly resembled Harrison. And now there is even another set of pictures?and they look different AGAIN! :mad:

tnswman

MaxPhactor23 said:
Is it me?or is anyone else seeing a lot of inconsistency here? I?m seeing three different versions of the ?same? products. The first pictures to appear of the Crystal Skull figures were completely hideous. The second ones were completely different sculpts. Harrison actually mildly resembled Harrison. And now there is even another set of pictures?and they look different AGAIN! :mad:

What you are seeing is the different stages of prototypes...NOTHING more.. They get better as they go along. The final product will be wonderful!

tnswman

MaxPhactor23 said:
I fail to see your point. Wax made sculpts and poor paint applications have NOTHING to do with the sculpt itself. My issues are with the sculpt molds. They're mostly hideous. Especially with Harrison himself. That looks NOTHING like Indiana Jones. So please, you have no reason to be so condescending to the naysayers. Your point is moot. :gun:

Ohhh MAX...you really have a loooong way to go if you want to try to make some of us verterans think that Hasbro would drop the ball on these toys.....If you really don't know how the process work, simply WAIT until you see th final product IN YOUR HAND!! NOT in photos!! It does not cost you anything to look atthe figure in the stores to see if you like it!!

MaxPhactor23

tnswman said:
Ohhh MAX...you really have a loooong way to go if you want to try to make some of us verterans think that Hasbro would drop the ball on these toys.....If you really don't know how the process work, simply WAIT until you see th final product IN YOUR HAND!! NOT in photos!! It does not cost you anything to look atthe figure in the stores to see if you like it!!

I'm a toy collector. I know how the process works. I've been collecting toys since near infancy. I probably buy more toy lines then you even know exist - though I‘m not entirely sure that’s something to brag about. Hah! Prototypes are usually arguably BETTER then the final product. For example, do you really want me to bust out the picture of the prototype Hasbro Marvel Legends in comparison to what was put on shelves to purchase? I’m more then willing to do it to prove my point. Fact is, the majority of those figures were a significant downgrade in paint and plastic. Hasbro’s debatably the most criticized of all toy companies. Don’t even get me started on how many mistakes they’ve made.

You’re a veteran of this board. I’m a veteran to toy collecting. When the subject matter is about toys...I'd say it's pretty safe to say I win. :whip:

Last edited:

tnswman

MaxPhactor23 said:
I'm a toy collector. I know how the process works. I've been collecting toys since infancy. I probably buy more toy lines then you even know exist - though I‘m not entirely sure that’s something to brag about. Hah! Prototypes are usually arguably BETTER then the final product. For example, do you really want me to bust out the picture of the prototype Hasbro Marvel Legends in comparison to what was put on shelves to purchase? I’m more then willing to do it to prove my point. Fact is, the majority of those figures were a significant downgrade in paint and plastic. Hasbro’s debatably the most criticized of all toy companies. Don’t even get me started on how many mistakes they’ve made.

You’re a veteran of this board. I’m a veteran to toy collecting. That’s all that matters here. :whip:

Ohhh How ignorant you are.. I guess, My Carded figures from MEGO Pocket Heroes and 8" figures to Evel Knievel, To Fisher Price Adventure people, to my MASSIVE SUPERHERO ( vintage..Think 1966 Ideal superhero playsets and current think newest MARVEL LEGENDS YELLOW DAREDEVIL ) then my COMPLETE ( AS IN EVERYTHING VINTAGE AND CURRENT ) INDIANA JONES AND STAR WARS Collection makes me a rookie??? Hmmm I wonder why I had to get a 1.1 Million dollar insurrance policy on my toy collection? I have been collecting toys since the old MARX playsets were still being released.

The old Marvel Legends prototypes were from TOYBIZ..HASBRO uses a DIFFERENT Wax for sculpting!! Not Company wide, JUST forthe 3 3/4" SW and INDY line! It's the SAME TEAM!!

you are Sooo sadly wrong to compare a 6" sculpt with a 3 3/4" sculpt.

You really DO not want to argue the toy game with me!! I have toys worth as much as some people's cars. It is WHAT I do to invest! I'm NOT ( I REPEAT, NOT ) bragging.. I just want you to STOP thinking that you are correct in all of your toy postings.. There are some really BRILLIANT toy collectors here who actually work in the hobby. In the larger scales, you lose detail...the smaller scales are alredy limited to the detail that can be added. OHHH, I forgot to mention that I actually OWN Prototypes from ML (toy Biz and HASBRO) and SW, Gi JOE, TRANSFORMERS, MARX 1st shots...On and on....I'm glad you collect, It's just that I invest! :gun: :dead:

MaxPhactor23

tnswman said:
Ohhh How ignorant you are.. I guess, My Carded figures from MEGO Pocket Heroes and 8" figures to Evel Knievel, To Fisher Price Adventure people, to my MASSIVE SUPERHERO ( vintage..Think 1966 Ideal superhero playsets and current think newest MARVEL LEGENDS YELLOW DAREDEVIL ) then my COMPLETE ( AS IN EVERYTHING VINTAGE AND CURRENT ) INDIANA JONES AND STAR WARS Collection makes me a rookie??? Hmmm I wonder why I had to get a 1.1 Million dollar insurrance policy on my toy collection? I have been collecting toys since the old MARX playsets were still being released.

The old Marvel Legends prototypes were from TOYBIZ..HASBRO uses a DIFFERENT Wax for sculpting!! Not Company wide, JUST forthe 3 3/4" SW and INDY line! It's the SAME TEAM!!

you are Sooo sadly wrong to compare a 6" sculpt with a 3 3/4" sculpt.

You really DO not want to argue the toy game with me!! I have toys worth as much as some people's cars. It is WHAT I do to invest! I'm NOT bragging.. I just want you to STOP thinking that you are correct in all of your toy postings.. There are some really BRILLIANT toy collectors here who actually work in the hobby. In the larger scales, you lose detail...the smaller scales are alredy limited to the detail that can be added. :gun: :dead:

It's easy to make claims over the internet. My point is that you’re making assumptions that these will be amazing when on the shelves. You don’t know that. Plus, isn’t that subjective? It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I think the Sideshow Indiana Jones doll doesn’t look a thing like Harrison Ford - literally everyone else present loved it. More power to them. Myself, I’ll pass big-time! It’s not my cup of tea. What’s the problem? There shouldn’t be one! And when was I comparing the smaller scale figures to 6'' figures? I'm sorry, I was under the assumption you could read. The truth is that prototypes are NOT always of lesser quality then the final product. This is what I wrote - not comparing two other toy lines. I apologize if that was beyond your ability to comprehend. Though, I must admit, I am awed by your vital knowledge of plastics utilized in action figures. There is no logical way that you could say these will or won’t come out superior to these photo examples of what’s to come. I can down and outright prove your statements are false - even with another Hasbro toy line too! And you condemning anyone that doesn’t have your judgment clearly displays your apparent lack of maturity. Stop being so argumentatively opinionated and let people have their say. There is nothing foolish about another’s alternate view - so why not stop the belittling comments and act like a civil grown up? Is that too much to ask?

And arguing with you…well…you make it pretty easy. Stop flattering yourself.

Last edited: