What is the Best 90's Indy novel?

deckard24

I just got all the novels, and my question is what particular order should I read them in? I've heard some people say that there are storyline spoilers in some of the books, so I don't want to ruin them by reading them out of order!!

Katarn07

Am I the only one who prefered MacGregor's to McCoy's? I read Dinosaur Eggs back in 6th or 7th grade and tried to read others, but I couldn't do it. I read the first books of MacGregor's as a junior in high school up to Unicorn's Legacy. That one was pretty weak for me. I didn't continue on with the McCoy ones because I burned myself out on Indy at the time and had bad memories of them from when I was younger....

@ deckard: Peril at Delphi, Dance of the Giants, Seven Veils, Genesis Deluge, and Unicorn's Legacy are the way to go for MacGregor's. And yes, they do rely on one another. I have no clue on the McCoy books but that's the way to get started off.

deckard24

Katarn07 said:
Am I the only one who prefered MacGregor's to McCoy's? I read Dinosaur Eggs back in 6th or 7th grade and tried to read others, but I couldn't do it. I read the first books of MacGregor's as a junior in high school up to Unicorn's Legacy. That one was pretty weak for me. I didn't continue on with the McCoy ones because I burned myself out on Indy at the time and had bad memories of them from when I was younger....

@ deckard: Peril at Delphi, Dance of the Giants, Seven Veils, Genesis Deluge, and Unicorn's Legacy are the way to go for MacGregor's. And yes, they do rely on one another. I have no clue on the McCoy books but that's the way to get started off.
Thanks Katarn!:hat: I've only read Hollow Earth and that was pretty good. One thing is for sure, with 11 more to go plus the KOTCS novel, I'll have more then enough books to read for a while. Besides Indy stuff, I've been reading The Road and various Art bios. Too many books, and too little time!

indyclone25

i've read all the books back in the 90's when they first came out my favorites were "the peril at delphi" and " the interioir world"
there were 12 books in all and right now they have rereleased only 10 you can also order them on the indiana jones shop website. i think the martin caidin ones may be the ones not available --- but don't qoute me on that.
rob macgregor wrote six books and max macoy wrote four.
like i said it has been years since i have read them and since i retain hardly anything i read --lol i will most likely be reading them this summer .

Mrs_Fedora

I've never read any Indiana Jones Novels before but i like to start reading after seeing all the films again.
As an ' Indiana Jones novel beginner', what book is good to begin with? Is there a chronological order? Or doesn't it really matter wich book to start with.. :D

Katarn07

Mrs_Fedora said:
I've never read any Indiana Jones Novels before but i like to start reading after seeing all the films again.
As an ' Indiana Jones novel beginner', what book is good to begin with? Is there a chronological order? Or doesn't it really matter wich book to start with.. :D

Start with Peril at Delphi, then Dance of the Giants, then Seven Veils, then Genesis Deluge, and then Unicorn's Legacy.

That'll get you started off. A Google search or another person here should be all it takes to figure out the order to read McCoy's books. I'd tell ya, but I only read one of them and years before reading the MacGregor books.

Mrs_Fedora

Katarn07 said:
Start with Peril at Delphi, then Dance of the Giants, then Seven Veils, then Genesis Deluge, and then Unicorn's Legacy.

That'll get you started off. A Google search or another person here should be all it takes to figure out the order to read McCoy's books. I'd tell ya, but I only read one of them and years before reading the MacGregor books.

Ok, cool! i'll keep that in mind when ordering them (i'll have to order them, somehow it's impossible to find them here in Dublin.. and we even have a huge Borders store nearby)

Thanks! :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Here's the full reading order of the series:

Peril at Delphi (McGregor)
Dance of the Giants (as above)
Seven Veils (as above)
Genesis Deluge (as above)
Unicorn's Legacy (as above)
Interior World (as above)
Sky Pirates (Caiden, not worth it seriously)
White Witch (Caiden, but ok)
Philosopher's Stone (McCoy)
Dinosaur Eggs (as above)
Hollow Earth (as above)
Secret of the Sphinx (as above)

As already stated, the MacGregor books all have continuing storylines as does the McCoy ones and the Caiden ones, but only the MacGregor books have an effect on the others, all the storylines are mainly contained within the author's reign. Best to read MacGregor's as they start first and all of the books are in chronological order.

Luke Skywalker

I liked them all, but i think the most liked for me were the white witch and the mussolini one - philosopher stone?

Though i read them some years ago, i think i'll re-read them all again.

nezobiwan

I've seen these books for sale at the grocery store. I think I'll buy the first one "Delphi." Tried to find them at my local library... but all they had were juvenile novels! I didn't know it, but a couple of them were by R.L. Stine. Isn't that curious?

Katarn07

nezobiwan said:
I've seen these books for sale at the grocery store. I think I'll buy the first one "Delphi." Tried to find them at my local library... but all they had were juvenile novels! I didn't know it, but a couple of them were by R.L. Stine. Isn't that curious?

RL Stine was a popular author for kids back in the '90s. That doesn't surprised me they commissioned him to do some. Are they "Young Indiana Jones" ones? I didn't know they made any of him as an adult for kids or I totally would have read them as a kid!

Hey nezobiwan, can't you order the books through your library from other libraries in the area? My library sucks and rarely has anything I want, whether it be for school or just for recreational reading. I almost always end up getting them from other libraries.

nezobiwan

Katarn07 said:
Hey nezobiwan, can't you order the books through your library from other libraries in the area? My library sucks and rarely has anything I want, whether it be for school or just for recreational reading. I almost always end up getting them from other libraries.
Yeah I just realized what a big moron that I am... my library actually has an AMAZING selection of Indy novels... I just didn't see the the "next 10 entries" button on the bottom of the library results web page. :p :rolleyes:

muttjones

Which book is the best?

With Indy IV, i got right back into Indiana Jones.
And now I want to get into the books

Which one in your opinion is the best???

I want to compile a list and go to the library and find them. :D

Junior Jones

salussolia said:
u play as indys younger cousin

Not always a cousin. Sometimes you're an intern or a friend's kid.

If anyone's interested, you can read my version of three of these stories. I took the best parts of each branch of the Find Your Fate story and put them into a straightforward narrative.

Stoo

Katarn07 said:
RL Stine was a popular author for kids back in the '90s. That doesn't surprised me they commissioned him to do some. Are they "Young Indiana Jones" ones? I didn't know they made any of him as an adult for kids or I totally would have read them as a kid!
Yes, there are Young Indy "Choose Your Own Adventure" books by a guy named Richard Brightfield.

1. The Valley of the Kings
2. South of the Border
3. Revolution in Russia
4. Masters of the Louvre
5. African Safari
6. Behind the Great Wall
7. The Roaring Twenties
8. The Irish Rebellion

lightsyder

Stoo said:
Yes, there are Young Indy "Choose Your Own Adventure" books by a guy named Richard Brightfield.

1. The Valley of the Kings
2. South of the Border
3. Revolution in Russia
4. Masters of the Louvre
5. African Safari
6. Behind the Great Wall
7. The Roaring Twenties
8. The Irish Rebellion

Are those original stories or adaptations?