San Diego Comic-Con 2013

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
comic-con_20130717_1414189691.jpg

picture found at: www.superherohype.com

Goodeknight

Sakis said:

Hmmm....so it looks like it could be an authentic bag from TOD, the stunt bag that had the burning panel.

bag-ToDbridge3.jpg

bag-ToDbridge4.jpg

The hat is waaay off. Is it supposed to be authentic, or just a display piece? Whip looks pretty nice, but I'm no expert. Pistol doesn't match anything I remember.
Maybe it's a few authentic props, and a hat tossed in to make it look more "Indy."
Anyone know?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MAVA8vjjoYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's Ford's second SDCC panel ever, and Vanity Fair's article.

Indy's brother

Jeez, I know he doesn't really enjoy interviews, and I know that he's old, but wow. If he could seem less interested and bored, I'd like to know how. Makes me think this thing is going to be a dog.

Goodeknight

Indy's brother said:
Jeez, I know he doesn't really enjoy interviews, and I know that he's old, but wow. If he could seem less interested and bored, I'd like to know how. Makes me think this thing is going to be a dog.

I think it's one of his best interviews ever. He's definitely a slow talker, but at least in this case he delivers thoughtful, full answers. He often gives boring, dismissive one liners in interviews. If you simply read a transcript of the interview I think you'd feel differently.

He's always been a bad interview, but largely because he doesn't jump through the hoops like most Hollywood types. No, "This is the best movie EVER!" (screamed with frenetic glee and a big sappy smile) "I love my fellow cast members and this is the most amazingest director I've ever, ever worked with! Seriously! You have to see this movie!" Ford's interviews are almost always deadpan.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63305
AICN interview with Ford:
Quint: Now, you can probably count on two hands the film actors who have been asked to return to characters decades after the last film. You've already done that with Indiana Jones and you're coming back to play Han Solo. How do you approach that as an actor? Is there a grace period of rediscovering the character that you portrayed years before or is it like any other role and you let the script dictate the approach?

Harrison Ford: I think you have to enforce your personal ambition to bring something more complicated to the audience, some degree of development of the character. That's the fun of it when you've been away from a character for a period of time, to bring a new understanding or complexity to the character for the audience.

Quint: Because otherwise you're just showing them what they've seen before.

Harrison Ford: That's right.

Quint: I think that's why I love Temple of Doom so much. You get to play a different Indiana Jones.

Harrison Ford: That's the kind of thing you always hope you can do and one of the things I spoke a lot to George and Steven about.