General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy Jones

nitzsche said:
I'm living in a world where Harrison was ready for Indy 4 in the early nineties but continued to pass on his $20 million for another 15 years until they got the script right. I trust Ford regarding Indy. It all comes down to him, period.

Amen to that!

mfisher

I think this has the potential to be fun..period.... and if it turns out that the new movies with Shia don't really appeal to me, then no harm done.. it won't diminish the appreciation I already have for the original movies... but if the newer movies turn out to be good, then how can an Indy fan lose ??

tnswman

mfisher said:
I think this has the potential to be fun..period.... and if it turns out that the new movies with Shia don't really appeal to me, then no harm done.. it won't diminish the appreciation I already have for the original movies... but if the newer movies turn out to be good, then how can an Indy fan lose ??

AMEN!!

Who said that Harrison wants to do full on Indy in another movie and why not take the Connery role? What was wrong with that?

You can tell that Harrison and Steven think the world of Shia...In fact, Lucas is the only one that does not act like he loves the kid to death.

I GUARANTEE it would work..Maybe not for certain haters on this board but to a new generation with Harrison still playing Indy, it would work just fine.

I will put money on it right now that we will have an Indy 5 with this being the main theme.

sandiegojones

The Man said:
Indy should have no part of a spin-off. It's simply the demotion and denigration of a beloved character. Why not go all-out and open Indy 5 with an old and decrepit Indiana Jones having sex with a helpless baby donkey. That should finish him off.
Overracting much! :rolleyes:

mdww

I?m sure he knew how quickly the fanboys would be racing to their keyboards to voice their disbelief at the idea, so maybe, just maybe he?s having a little fun here??.

God, I hope I?m right!

OmegaSeamaster

I think if there's an Indy V it will have "cash grab" written all over it. Honestly, it took 20 years for Indy IV to supposedly come out with a quality script, and they're going to have another ready in 2-3 years that's going to be equally as good with Harrison in a reduced role as the sidekick? It would essentially be a passing of the torch movie, nothing more.

Harrison Ford has been out of the spotlight for literally the last five years, with Firewall coming and going with barely a whimper. He hasn't had a hit film for ages, and now that Indy 4 is coming out he suddenly finds himself the center of attention again and everyone quickly forgets crap like "Hollywood Homicide."

So while people are so ready to trust Harrison with Indy, don't underestimate the allure of quick money and pressure from studios to extend a quality product WELL PAST ITS EXPIRATION DATE. Not to mention Lucas is way past his - he's curdled milk to the 15th power.

What was that line from Bilbo Baggins? "I feel as thin as butter being scraped over too much bread." The same could happen to the Indy franchise. Lucas said there weren't any good ideas left for how long and now they're going to drop like apples from the tree?

The best thing to hope for is that this new movie is amazing, and the franchise is retired with dignity. Nothing is worse than sequels and add-ons that tarnish what went before.

Raiders March kicks in.
Fade in to a pair of Aldens.
Camera pans slowly up past the desert trousers.
Camera continues panning up past the gun and whip.
Pan continues up the shirt and leather jacket.
Camera reveals a cocky, smirking Shia.
He puts on the fedora and winks at the camera.
Fade out.

Adamwankenobi

OmegaSeamaster said:
Nothing is worse than sequels and add-ons that tarnish what went before.

I've never understood why people say that. How can something new possibly change or "tarnish" something that already exists. The quality of the original and/or preceeding works don't change a bit, so what's the deal? :confused:

For instance, I'm a big fan of the first two Terminator films. But I hated the third one, so I simply ignore it. It has no bearing on my enjoyment of the first two films.

The Golden Idol

herr gruber said:
Raiders March kicks in.
Fade in to a pair of Aldens.
Camera pans slowly up past the desert trousers.
Camera continues panning up past the gun and whip.
Pan continues up the shirt and leather jacket.
Camera reveals a cocky, smirking Shia.
He puts on the fedora and winks at the camera.
Fade out.

:dead: The stuff of nightmares. :dead:

The Man

This could all be a cunning ruse by Ol' George to make people savour Crystal Skull - "the last Indy with Indy in the lead" - all the more.

G-Man

muttlogolarge.jpg

drwynn

G-Man said:

That's some funny stuff right there.

Hopefully, even those who disagree with you will be able to get a chuckle out of this...because, no matter what side of the fence you're on...this was pretty damn hilarious!

OmegaSeamaster

Adamwankenobi said:
I've never understood why people say that. How can something new possibly change or "tarnish" something that already exists. The quality of the original and/or preceeding works don't change a bit, so what's the deal? :confused:

Well look at how the Star Wars prequels change the entire perception of Darth Vader. When you watched the originals from 1977 to 1997, Vader had an enigma of mystery. He was scary, chilling and someone to be feared.

Now you look at him and you try to reconcile how awesome he is in the originals with how bad he's portayed in the prequels by Hayden Christensen. The guy who mercilessly snaps necks in 1977 apparently was a whiny brat who romanced women by comparing their smooth skin to rough desert sand. Plus, don't get me started on the whole "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" scene.

Every time I fire up the original 1977 version of Star Wars, there's a part of me that has to say, "Ok, now imagine parts 1-3 don't exist." You can't really escape it.

In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy's this no-nonsense adventurer that essentially is so pissed at one point he throws a guy through a truck window before kicking the gearshift up a notch in order to better run the SOB over.

I don't want to have to watch a 5th installment in the future knowing that before going off to find some lost treasure, Shia's got to first swing by the old-age home to pick him up.

Inevitable lines like, "I'll save you dad" would just put a sad note of finality on a once proud series.