Newbie here!!

MissDefense

Hello there!!
This forum seems really wonderful and I am glad I registered there!
I'm a long time Indiana Jones fan,they're simply my favorite movies, the best adventure ever. I'm actually looking forward to the 4th movie,as long as they make it really good (well this is obvious), but I trust Spielberg,he's my favorite director anyway!
I also love the young Indiana Jones series, I have it almost all on tape (Miss only 2 episdoes) and I just think it's a pity it didn't get the success it deserved: it was entertaining and educative, SP Flanery looked so much like Indiana Jones (if you get what I mean),not only physically but as a character, with his getting into continuous trouble and his being generous and a bit irresponsible.:D
I'll have a big big look around then!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome MissDefense!

Where in Italy are you from? I have relatives in and around Torino...

Gustav

Sorry that was a typo. I meant to say you and your enthusiasm are welcome here. Maybe you can liven the place up a bit.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ciao MissDefense! :whip: Finally another Italian gal here. I'm VI from Australia and am Italian Citizen. My Nonno and Nonna migrated after the war to Australia. What region are you from?

MissDefense

Gustav said:
Sorry that was a typo. I meant to say you and your enthusiasm are welcome here. Maybe you can liven the place up a bit.

Ok,so it was a misunderstandment (dunno if the word is correct)!;)

I'll try my best,at least to write something interesting!

Ayrun said:
Welcome to the Raven! :)

Thank you!

Violet Indy said:
Ciao MissDefense! :whip: Finally another Italian gal here. I'm VI from Australia and am Italian Citizen. My Nonno and Nonna migrated after the war to Australia. What region are you from?

:D Eh sì!I'm from Como,which is in north Italy near Swiss border,Lombardia. Where do your nonni come from?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Violet Indy said:
I'm VI from Australia and am Italian Citizen.
Gosh, I didn't know that. I have a question Vi: do the Italians ever try to tax your family? I'm amassing old documents right now for dual citizenship for my dad, then an EU passport, etc. Which would keep the door open for me to do the same. I guess we could vote there too... but I'm mainly concerned about taxes.

IAdventurer01

MissDefense said:
Ok,so it was a misunderstandment (dunno if the word is correct)!

Stop! Grammar Police! It should be a "misunderstanding."

Check your poor typing at the door. It's not welcome here. ;)

All kidding aside, take off your fedora and stay awhile. Enthusiastic newbies are always welcome here - the breath of fresh air that is always needed in this stale old place. I hope you enjoy your stay.

MissDefense

And I thought that in school english was my best subject....Spent a year in Us as exchange student,got all A's and I wrote misunderstendment and not misunderstanding!:whip: :whip: :whip: me!!!

;)

MissDefense

HAve I had internet at home earlier I would have already been here to bother you!

I have no info's on citizenship/taxation things. But I can tell you this....the actualy governement has intentions of leaving us in underwear with all taxes they've put!(n)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
MissDefense said:
:D Eh sì!I'm from Como,which is in north Italy near Swiss border,Lombardia. Where do your nonni come from?

Came from Verona, Veneto. Great to see a Northerner!

Modred said:
Gosh, I didn't know that. I have a question Vi: do the Italians ever try to tax your family? I'm amassing old documents right now for dual citizenship for my dad, then an EU passport, etc. Which would keep the door open for me to do the same. I guess we could vote there too... but I'm mainly concerned about taxes.

Not at all. The only correspondence I have ever received was when I came of Italian voting age and was asked in a letter to say whether I choose to vote or not.

Gustav

MissDefense said:
And I thought that in school english was my best subject....Spent a year in Us as exchange student,got all A's and I wrote misunderstendment and not misunderstanding!:whip: :whip: :whip: me!!!

;)

You got it right the first time. He's trying to trick you.

DaFedora

MissDefense said:
Thanks a lot!I live near Lake Como,not far from Swiss border. ;)

Awesome place... I had the privilege of experiencing the most exquisit sunrise wake-up morning in a natural idyllic athmosphere there!

And it's the area where they shot the lake scenes of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones hehe...

Say, about your name... er you're in the military or anything? I myself am an advocate of non-proliferation and (nuclear) disarmament... just checking ;) ...

Welcome aboard
Buon guornati che dolce vita :whip:

MissDefense

Heck I know it's an old post but since I'm a polite person....Been gone for a long time from this board.

Como Lake is famous also for Star Wars yeah...lately because George Clooney got a nice little cottage!

About my name...took it from young indy chronicles. When Indy joined the belgian army he had to choose a belgian name as he was faking to be belgian. So he saw in front of him a no smoking sign in frenche "defense de fumer" or something like that. And he called himself Henry Defense, and this was his name during the whole war.