"First review" and a lot of new pics!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmm... that supposed wedding scene. Well, maybe a ring just automatically appears on their fingers after the crystal skull has it's huge blow out and that's it. Subtle. :p

Maybe eloping ala "Independence Day" would be more like them, you know, thinking that the world might end, just in case.

Shortie

Sankara said:
Let's pray this review is true! BUT: Remember the very good first reviews of lousy Episode 1, 2 and 3.
Episode 3 was pretty good besides the love scenes. Grievous was awesome.

If there is a wedding, I wouldn't doubt that Sallah, Dad & Shortie would be in the background. No lines though.

AHegele

Shortie said:
If there is a wedding, I wouldn't doubt that Sallah, Dad & Shortie would be in the background. No lines though.

thats how it is in the Saucer Men script. though they all get some lines.

Mutt Williams

AHegele said:
thats how it is in the Saucer Men script. though they all get some lines.

Except that in the Saucermen script the wedding is earlier, not at the end. We see also see Willie & Elsa.

Perhilion

Eugh...every time I think of a wedding at the end of the movie I come up with the corny awards ceremony at the end of A New Hope.

San Holo

Maybe the wedding scene ends with Indy as a Runaway Groom, catching that moving train outta town and into the sunset;)

commontone

Avilos said:
ELSA???! How the hell would that be possible?

The grail fell in the fissure after her, shortly after Indy was pulled out by his dad. Elsa actually landed on a ledge about forty feet down, injured but still alive. Luckily, the grail landed right next to her, and she found a cave and made her way "behind" the Great Seal, where the grail still held power. Then all she had to do was drink from the underground aquifer with the grail, and she was healed.

This is all very obvious.

AHegele

Mutt Williams said:
Except that in the Saucermen script the wedding is earlier, not at the end. We see also see Willie & Elsa.

haha. but case in point, apparently the doom town is in the opening of Kingdom, it was about the halfway point in Saucer.

FordFan

I'm just curious how all this negative buzz is encircling the movie right now. Who in the hell has even seen it?

MaxPhactor23

The Dark Shape said:
Spider-Man 3 had negative buzz and it shattered the opening weekend record.

And was terribly received and/or reviewed by critics and the fan base alike. The film was almost universally viewed as abysmal. The few that enjoyed it are in a vast minority. So what?s your point? I hate to tell you this but how much money a film makes does not equal out to it being a good film.

commontone

My optimistic side says the sudden negative buzz is a plant, because they're so confident it's good that they want people to say, "Holy s***, it's actually awesome!"

Mostly it just seems like BS falling from the sky out of nowhere. Suddenly a guy who knows a guy says something totally contrary to all other available information (that production was tense and difficult), and that it's not actually very good? Uh, what? OK, I heard you. But it means very little to me.

I feel similarly about the good review. It's not really "over the top" in my opinion. It says the cast is good, Spalko is memorable, Ford does a great job and brings poignancy...it's not declaring an instant Oscar winner or anything. Just optimism. But it, too has come out of nowhere.

Maybe they're *both* plants? Those two things appearing more or less simultaneously create a lot of tension around places like this. The negative and positive kind of combine to create a powerful "über buzz."

nzlc

I doubt its real quite vague.And i dont think even ford or any of the other cast has seen it yet so i doubt this reviewer has.

No Ticket

I've got a review of Indy 4 too guys:

I just wanna say that this is a great movie. Probably the best one yet besides Raiders which we all know is the best by default of being the first and most iconic. Ford played Indy terrifically, the crowds will be cheering for him! (because he is the main character). Shia made some important contributions. (because he is a main character co-star that isn't the lead)... Ray Winstone did a terrific job and Cate's character was amazing (because Spielberg and gang keep saying it so it must be true)... The vehicle chase harkens back to Raiders (because they're in vehicles and I can see that in the movie trailer) and the ending. Wow. What an ending! (because it's sure to have some kind of crazy ending.. whether it be pyramids flying off or Indy gettin hitched)

... overall it was definitely a terrific movie! Boy are you in store for a treat.

For those of you who can't tell. Yes, I'm pointing out that it's so vague that anyone could just make that up. But I do hope it's true, since they had such a high opinion of the film.

Darth Vile

I think it's doubtful that Lucas/Spielberg would try and create a negative buzz on their own movie to disguise the fact that it?s actually great. It's more likely (dare I say it) that they'd try and generate some positive buzz if they thought the financials were in jeopardy (due to it being not great).

It?s usually the middle ground where the truth is found? And to this end I believe there are 2 scenarios: -

1. Lucas/Spielberg still keep screenings to a minimum because they think the movie may get poor reviews. Which doesn?t bode well.
2. Lucas/Spielberg think the movie is a winner so they start opening up screenings to generate a positive word of mouth prior to May release.

In short, if we don?t start to see more positive reviews this week, I think it may be the former scenario rather than the latter.

nzlc

No Ticket said:
I've got a review of Indy 4 too guys:

I just wanna say that this is a great movie. Probably the best one yet besides Raiders which we all know is the best by default of being the first and most iconic. Ford played Indy terrifically, the crowds will be cheering for him! (because he is the main character). Shia made some important contributions. (because he is a main character co-star that isn't the lead)... Ray Winstone did a terrific job and Cate's character was amazing (because Spielberg and gang keep saying it so it must be true)... The vehicle chase harkens back to Raiders (because they're in vehicles and I can see that in the movie trailer) and the ending. Wow. What an ending! (because it's sure to have some kind of crazy ending.. whether it be pyramids flying off or Indy gettin hitched)

... overall it was definitely a terrific movie! Boy are you in store for a treat.

For those of you who can't tell. Yes, I'm pointing out that it's so vague that anyone could just make that up. But I do hope it's true, since they had such a high opinion of the film.

EXACTLY!!!a mere child could have made that up from the articles gathered etc

jasperjones

While that is true, it's also not evidence that it can't be genuine. The same criticism was launched at the teaser synopsis that broke, and a lot of the early reviews of Sith, etc were accused of the same vagueness, only to be found out later to be 100% legit.

Darth Vile

I'd be more inclined to think it was fake if they were stating that the movie is as good or Raiders or that it is utter crap. The conservativeness of the piece lends itself to being legit....