The Indy Cast

DoomTown

TheIndyOpinion said:
Love the new Further Adventures segment too! Nice job, Doomtown and Harvey! :hat:

Thanks Rob!!! Lot's more good stuff on the way; I know we are talking about an almost 30 year old comic series, but we love 'em. :hat:

BTW: It wasn't mentioned that I wrote "The Tale of Short Round" song and High Adventure did the music...Hope everyone enjoyed it!!! Was a LOT of fun to put together!!!

Overall, great show guys, was very entertaining! I did miss Pat's answering machine though ;)

harvey

Nice job, guys! Skull bashing aside, it was nice to hear from everyone on Raiders 30th...and ABOUT Raiders 30th!

Rocket Surgeon said:
Indy Trivia 82 was posted instead of 98! Hopefully there's a repost in the near future.

AWESOME! And I'm first with the answer! Does this mean I regained "Brotherhood"?! :p

Ahh...a Raiders Flashback to simpler, less combative times. :)

And thanks for the kind words, Rob! Glad we could make it in time for the 30th special! Sorry I didn't give you the inside scoop. Wanted your opinion with no knowledge of it going in. We had a BLAST mapping that out and recording. A few audio glitches, but - we'll work those out. :eek:

And great job to Keith! Thanks, bro, for all of the homework going into that. It shows. (y)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Hey Ed great Job as always. And after we talked I did watch Raiders for the millionth time and you're right I did catch something new. Flying wing fight. Indy rolls over and hides his face before Pat Roach is chopped up. BUT look at the Pat reaction shot. As he screams indy is in upper right rolling around and flinching like he's wrestling invisible ark ghosts. It's amazing how you can still see new things after 30 years.

Stoo

To Keith & Joe: I enjoyed your comic book segment. Very good timing for "Raiders" 30th anniversary! Cool that you talked about the old advertisements and the smell of the paper. I can relate.;) Looking forward to further segments about "The Further Adventures".

Speaking of 'further', you guys have further inspired me to get my act together and do a Young Indy bit for the Indy Cast.

@Keith: You wrote the lyrics to that Short Round song? Nicely done.:hat:

@Mitch: Thanks for mentioning me to Jamie Benning (+ the StooTV mention on that other SequelCast thing. Yes, I listened to it.). I'm hesitant to contribute to Jamie's project but we shall see...:hat: Now, I'm off to listen to your Vic Armstrong interview! Been saving the best for last and this will be the icing on the cake!

On Rob's Opinion Poll, it was a shame to hear that Pat's trivia segment and the Audio Dramas/Read-Alongs were the least liked contributions because they are my favourites. To each his own, I guess...:rolleyes:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Indy Trivia 82 was posted instead of 98! Hopefully there's a repost in the near future.
Yes, I noticed that. Someone screwed up but there's no point in pointing fingers.:D

All around, guys, GREAT job! May the IndyCast live a long & healthy life.

harvey

Stoo said:
To Keith & Joe: I enjoyed your comic book segment. Very good timing for "Raiders" 30th anniversary! Cool that you talked about the old advertisements and the smell of the paper. I can relate.;) Looking forward to further segments about "The Further Adventures".

Thanks, Stoo! The Raiders 30th Special was definitely our goal. Now, I think I'll post a few of those ads on the Further Facebook page. :D

Stoo said:
Speaking of 'further', you guys have further inspired me to get my act together and do a Young Indy bit for the Indy Cast.

YESSSSSSSS! (y) (y) (y) (y)

If that happens, you will have inspired me to go and get the DVDs!

Stoo said:
On Rob's Opinion Poll, it was a shame to hear that Pat's trivia segment and the Audio Dramas/Read-Alongs were the least liked contributions because they are my favourites. To each his own, I guess...:rolleyes:

Again, thanks. Not sure what to make of that poll (sorry, Rob). Certainly not indicative of the feedback we've received on the read-alongs (and I'm sure Rob and Keith can attest to the feedback on their radio dramas as well).

All I can say is...we'll keep makin' 'em as long as someone is listening to them!

indycast

TheIndyOpinion said:
Great job editing the roundtable, Ed! What a task that was!

Just to get it out there, Skype was cutting out on us every few minutes. :mad: The longest cut we got straight through was about 15 minutes. So Ed had to take all these disconnected 5-10 minute chunks and piece them together - and believe me, he did an amazing job! (y)

Love the new Further Adventures segment too! Nice job, Doomtown and Harvey! :hat:

Thanks Rob - I appreciate that! Let's hope next time Skype plays nice - now if I can just figure out how the old trivia segment got in there....

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Just raising the Diver Down flag...and hoping it gets back on board safe and sound!:whip:
Rocket, you've raised the flag but I'll wave it! Diver Down:

300px-Diver_Down_flag.svg.png

harvey said:
If that happens, you will have inspired me to go and get the DVDs!
Don't wait, Joe! Get 'em now!:whip:
harvey said:
Again, thanks. Not sure what to make of that poll (sorry, Rob). Certainly not indicative of the feedback we've received on the read-alongs (and I'm sure Rob and Keith can attest to the feedback on their radio dramas as well).

All I can say is...we'll keep makin' 'em as long as someone is listening to them!
THIS Indy fan is listening...(y) I freaking love the effort. Keep it up, guys!:hat:

michael

Love the IndyCast roundtable discussions.

Great episode.

I lol'ed @ the "showoff" comment made by Ed (I think) when Rob mentioned how many time he had been watching Raiders leading up to the anniversary. For some reason I found that hysterical.

harvey

It's a joke, Pat. Take it easy.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C6cxNR9ML8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

harvey said:
It's a joke, Pat. Take it easy.
Yes, of course, your "joke" was a great way to ease tension that didn't previously exist, well done.:rolleyes:

Ah, a Raven flashback to petty quibbles!:)

Good joke there Big Toe...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WI9vlbr7xNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...uh, Big Jo.

indycast

IndyCast Special 4 - The Magic of John Williams

264676_10150239041929489_368306729488_7240441_5796950_n.jpg

Ron the Reviewer and Young Indy Assistant sound editor Laird Malamed are back with another look at the magic of composer John Williams! (In Stereo)

You can listen to the episode here!

Sharkey

The chickens have taken over the coop. Thankfully.

"In 1986 a movie came out called Space Camp. This was a movie about a bunch of teenagers who attend a...(wait for it), Spacecamp."

This is about as much info about the film as I care for, but Gonzo fills time with background about everything but the subject of the special...thats where Camilla comes in.

The latest John Williams special is good. It has a lot goign for it, it's really good but gets lost talking about Indiana Jones trivia or the history of the show Checkmate

Since Camilla's CPR the specials have been a little more focused and there is some really good info to go with some interesting songs.

Between the Camilla's audio clean up and focused content, the chickens have taken over.

OK, I'll say something nice about Gonzo, he's a cute little purple, hooked nosed thing. Lose the rambling about ken dolls, the casts of these movies, ect. and talk about The Great John Williams and the music and you too could be really, really good!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 132 is here!

260418_10150264848149489_368306729488_7357105_7745483_n.jpg

In this blockbuster episode we celebrate Indy-pendence Day and talk all things Indy, have a stack of your emails plus a special announcement at the end of the show! [Now on the ForceCast App!]

Listen to the show here!