• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Major West

It dried darker? I might soak mine again then. I quite like it. Wested don't seem to be doing heavy duty predistressed lamb any more.

Glenville86

I had ordered the SL which they had offered in my size. They came back that it was only for smaller jackets and changed the web listing. I asked about 4 leathers other than the SL and one was the pre-distressed heavy lamb which they had in stock.

Drones33

It really is most impressive. I wonder how this compares to the Copper Novapelle Lambskin that Wested now offer.

dakota

Major West said:
Nice. How long have you had it? The pocket flap design looks like the previous generation westeds.

I had the jacket since 2006 /2007 and at the time I think I asked for the Platon pockets style when choosing the custom options (all the rage on COW back then) still wish I'd gone for the nickel zipper instead of the brass one though.

Drones33

Custom LC, Dark Brown Novapelle.
dbn_lc_1_by_00177840-dbaxi1b.jpg

dbnlc_2_1_by_00177840-dbaxi5k.jpg

dbn_lc_1_1_by_00177840-dbaxi2v.jpg

Major West

dakota said:
I had the jacket since 2006 /2007 and at the time I think I asked for the Platon pockets style when choosing the custom options (all the rage on COW back then) still wish I'd gone for the nickel zipper instead of the brass one though.

That's interesting. I didn't buy my first jacket until 2015, so what's available now is all I'm familiar with.

Drones33 said:
Custom LC, Dark Brown Novapelle.

Looks really good. I'm sold on the current Dark Brown Novapelle.

Drones33

Yeah its really nice, heavy and soft with a matt texture. Very good for the LC.

I must say, having seen some of yours and Glenvilles recent photos of the heavy pre-distressed lamb I rather regret not getting one while it was still available. Looks pretty amazing after a soak and some Pecards.

Spudomatic

Hello all, I'm a first time poster here but a long time lurker. I thought I'd share these pics of my pre-distressed hide Raiders from Wested. I'm not happy with the color... very, very light for my taste. I was really hoping for one like Drones33's from back in October. The photos of mine don't even show how truly light it is. It'd say it's pretty much tan. Lighter in color even than my Indy pants from Wested! I was hoping this would be multiple shades darker. So, now begins the task of deciding what to get in exchange... and sadly paying exorbitant shipping fees back to the UK from the US. :(

IMG_4118_zpscbkfks3d.jpg

IMG_4119_zpsccv211up.jpg

Glenville86

I gave my Wested distressed cow jacket a couple coatings of Pecards and it darkened it up enough to take away most of the tan color. Did the same to a import US Wings steer-hide Legend jacket.

I have a few Indy jackets and the lighter color on a couple of my jackets adds variety. Also have a black Indy Wested to wear with my black boots. Some of my brown Indy jackets range from reddish brown, light brown, medium brown, grey brown and dark brown.

If I was only going to have a couple, would want one dark brown and one black.

My Alden Indy boots also come in various shades of brown along with a dark blue and black.

Drones33

Spudomatic said:
Hello all, I'm a first time poster here but a long time lurker. I thought I'd share these pics of my pre-distressed hide Raiders from Wested. I'm not happy with the color... very, very light for my taste. I was really hoping for one like Drones33's from back in October. The photos of mine don't even show how truly light it is. It'd say it's pretty much tan. Lighter in color even than my Indy pants from Wested! I was hoping this would be multiple shades darker. So, now begins the task of deciding what to get in exchange... and sadly paying exorbitant shipping fees back to the UK from the US. :(

Don`t give up on this jacket is my advice. As Glenville says, Pecards is the way to go. The jacket of mine you refer to looked very much like yours on the day it arrived, including the colour. I gave mine quite a thorough soak in the shower, then wore it until it dried. This made it conform to my shape and darkened it down quite a bit. Then next day gave it a very heavy coat of Pecards. Dramatically altered the colour, darkening it right down to the way it looks in the pics I posted last october.
Well worth giving it a try(y)

Great hat, by the way.

Major West

Spudomatic said:

IMG_4118_zpscbkfks3d.jpg

I have to admit I like the look of that. Yes, it is light though. As mentioned, a coat or two of pecard would make that go darker. If you want a darker Raiders jacket I would exchange it for the lambskin version. You'll have to add a bit of distressing to that yourself though. The thing to consider is that apart from the lambskin and goatskin, the other leathers vary by batch quite a bit.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Glenville86 said:
Around 16-17 Indy ones. Wested, G&B, S&J, Kelso, US Wings.

Don't get me started on Alden Indy boots or the fedora collection....;)

You have a jacket collection on its own.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Glenville86

Sakis said:
You have a jacket collection on its own.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I retired from the US Army in 2006 after 26 years and took a US civilian job in Germany. Was there for 10-years and they paid my rent and utilities. Had the cash to invest and buy pretty much what I wanted. Life was good. Now, I have been transferred to the Washington DC area and my paycheck covers the house rent and utilities with just a little left over. I knew this would happen while in Germany and stocked up. ;) If I did not have the retirement income, it would be pretty hard now......