Vin Diesel as villian-It'd be cool huh?

Indy 007

i was thinking that it'd be cool with vin diesel as the villian in indy4. of course, his pricetag would be way up there too. still, i think he'd be great, since he's so dark and brooding sometimes. i'd be fine with it, but i think we've already had too(parden the pun) many hairless headed villian(vogel and moloram). am i missing any here?

Indy 256

Naah Diesel is the comercial action hero of the '00 (as in '90). I don't really see him playing the villan.

Randy_Flagg

Nah, no Diesel. He's too modern somehow... don't know if that makes any sense. I'd rather see somebody like Kenneth Branagh as a clever, smooth-talking villain, rather than just a tough-guy villain. Of course, he'd have a slew of hench men to beat Indy up, so we'd still get that aspect.

swords

wow! that actually sounds like a good idea. but i don't think he would work as the main villian, but maybe as a precursor to the story. maybe as a new york gangster who's pissed at indy for stealing his girlfriend or something. i don't know how that would fit, but i can picture vin diesal as a small villain, like the villain at the beginning of last crusade on the boat.

Raffey

Vin Diesel is a one dimension actor and would make a terrible adversary unless you made him a Pat Roach type thug and gave him no lines.

I'd prefer a intectual adversary played by a decent actor. Maybe Gary Oldman or Anthony Hopskins.

Indy 007

lets not bash diesel please. i think hes kinda cool, but not indy cool. i thought fast and the furious was great, but not real good acting. anyway, i've always wanted a THE HAUNTED MESA video adaption made to screen, and have always pictured vin diesel as the main villian(zipacna). the shaved head and major muscles just seem great as villian matrerial whens he's in a dark mood.

i even thought he did a great acting job in saving private ryan, though i though the whole plot for the movie was, well, not to coppy the movie, but FUBAR. if youve seen it, you know what it means.

swords

i thought vin diesal was quite menacing in pitch black. well until he turned into a good guy in the second half.

Raffey

QueZTone said:
LOL Raffey, you really insulted our beloved Pat Roach there :p

What insult? He play a a number of thugs in the IJ trilogy that didn't have any lines, if I remember correctly. I doubt if the ex wrestler was ever in Oscar contention! :p :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah Raff's right - in LC he didn't even get a chance to be a thug, just considered one from what history tells us...he plays thugs (well, technically, only one Thug, but you know what I mean...;))

westford

Don't think Vin Diesel would work in IJ...

Doubt if any of you will have seen it, but the BBC1 show Deadringers has a great 'British bad guys' sketch every week with Ian McKellan and Alan Rickman fighting over who should play the bad guy in a film. They end up killing each other, then Brian Blessed shows up to fill in... LOL! OK, you'd have to see it to get it I guess... But Alan Rickman would be cool! (Thinking more along the lines of the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves than Prof. Snape... ;) )

Indy 256

Ah yes, Alan Rickman is a great villan. The '50's version of the guy he played in Die Hard (and some serious adjustments)

Marion

Indy 256 said:
Naah Diesel is the comercial action hero of the '00 (as in '90). I don't really see him playing the villan.

I agree. I don't think that there would be good chemestry betwixt harrison and vin. not that i am degrading them as actors or whatever and i am not saying that they could never work together. I just dont think that it would work in an Indy film.

bob

Van Diesel as a villian might be 'cool' but it wouldnt be interesting, Indy villians are very different from normal villians they seem to be men that have fallen into evil in their pursuit of the power of the artifact in question except the Muscle roles (Toht, Vogel etc) Van Diesel cannot really do either and besides i dont really care for him as an actor.

Indy 007

we-re talking about Vin Diesel, Not whoever this Van Diesel is? whos he? wad-did he play in ? hahaha, sonofa--. anyway, thisis ford were talking about. he seems to have a nautrual fear of guys with bigger muscles than him. still, maybe not as a lead villian, maybe henchman? i like his flicks.