Spielberg has passed on Indy 4...

00Kevin

Indyfan
I agree with Attila, this is probubly bogus

and still....here it from SC and not one of the big 3?

untill steven says HIMSELF that he is not doing it, then I will beleive

I'm sure he will make this film ;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
This is bogus...Steven has not "passed", he is going to be highly involved in the this project. If he doesn't direct (I would be extremely surprised if he didn't), then he will be Producer. You make it sound as if he isn't going to even touch the film.

Barryson Ford

Aaron H said:
All it is, is that he is mistaken...not that he is lying or fibbing.

I dont know , Connery is heavely involved with this new film.
I think he would know who is directing.

The question now is : who will replace him ?
The obvious replacement would be Frank Darabont methinks.

00Kevin

Indyfan
SC has a VERY small role compared to the last one

if anyone, I MIGHT beleive the guys in the big 3, expecially spielburg

indyjones2131

Jeez man !!!! My gut sank when I read this news. I say (and I'm sure most of you would disagree) no Speiberg, no fourth installment. Now maybe this is just SC trying to "earn" some publicity for LOXG, but we'll see...

wolfgang

Guys, this is a very scary prank, although i feel save when Aaron says is bogus, and 00Kevin has a point sayin that is not convincing, and despite I myself believe is bogus, I feel uncomftroble knowing that the news is there. I want to hear Spielberg talk, desperately!!!! (sorry if my english grammmar has not provedim....I mean, Improved)

fixer79

Phew!
I just read on this site that the rumor was indeed bogus. Lucasfilm confirmed that Spielberg WILL be at the helm of Indy IV.
Thank God!

00Kevin

Indyfan
Indy87 said:
it sounds even like a april fools joke

yes, I was thinking that also

and thanks fixer79 for pointing it out ;)

in other news, Sean Connery is fired for spreading false information, and Panic :D

fixer79

Hey don't thanks me, Kev.
When I said 'I read it on this website', I meant this very website: Theraider.net!

Thanks to them for pointing it out.
And what a relief it is...

wolfgang

Yeah, well, if it wasn't for you I would still be drinking from Indy's party's whiskies left overs, feeling sorry not knowing that the man will direct, so I guess I at least owe you one, fixer.

FAN

Good News, the Speilberg rumor that he's not doing Indy IV is false, if you go to Raidernet and click latest news you will read that Lucasfilms has confirmed that Speilberg wll indeed by directing the new Indy movie, Sean Connery's source's must have been mis-informed.