The Making of Raiders

A

Aussie Jones

What happened to the 1 hr documentary The Making of Raiders? Why wasn't it on the DVD. I remember seeing it on TV about 15 years ago. It showed you how the entire truck scene was made.

Kate

I love this documentary! I can rent it at my local Hollywood Video, which is actually kind of surprising since it's a bit obscure. I love the part where Harrison Ford is eating a burger above the Well of Souls and he asks if someone can hand him another pack of mustard.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Wasn't it a two part featurette with "Great Movie Stunts of Raider of the Lost Ark?" and wasn't it included in the box set of DVD's?

Luckylighter

There was a 10 minute DVD included with the Boxed Set IF you bought them at Best Buy. Otherwise, the set came with the documentaries they made for the package. The hour special that most of us grew up with was not included in any DVD boxed set edition that I know of.

Last edited:

Yes, that is the two part featurette that was on the Great Movie Stunts & The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark VHS and Laserdiscs that were released all those years ago, and they are both missing from the DVD release. The Making of Temple of Doom has never been officially released on any format, but the Great Adventurers and Their Quests: The Making of Last Crusade was released on VHS and Laserdisc..... both of these are also void from the DVD release.

That 10 minute Best Buy exclusive DVD uses some of the footage from the above mentioned Raiders VHS/LD but that hardly makes up for the lack of the full documentary title...

the hammer42

On the the making of TOD Harrison says something that I think is funny.
Harrison- " They pulled a little trick on me. They made him two or three years younger and I got two years older.
That makes me five years older than I should be for the character. And I can feel the differense."

Canyon

Years ago, when I bought the trilogy in the widescreen format on VHS, it came with a bonus tape of The Making of Raiders.

I have to say that I always thoroughly enjoy watching this tape, and Harrison has the most unbelievable sense of humour. My favourite quote of his which is on the bonus DVD is during filming the truck chase sequence.

Man: "Harrison, have you ever done anything like this before?"
Harrison: "Dragging behind a car. Dragging behind a car.... No!" (laughs) "It can't be that dangerous. If it was dangerous, they would have gotten more of the movie made first."

Ladies, if you get a chance to see this, please do so, because Harrison is absolutely
icon_thud.gif

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Really wish I'd seen The Making Of Raiders, but I haven't. :(

the hammer42 said:
I got that one on VHS.
I Think it is a great docu.
I'm gonna put it on DVD before the quality is gonna go bad.

the hammer42 said:
I also have a different Making of the Temple of Doom and one of the Last Crusade.
I'm also gonna put them on DVD.

So? The Hammer42; can we work something out? :) ;)

the hammer42

We sure can.
When I'm done putting them on DVD I will let you guys know.
I'm not gonna ask any money for them.
Just what I spennt on sending them to anyone who wants them.

I dont wanne make any money off of this.