Your Figures In Action! (with PICS!)

Uki

Cool stuff, Dr. Gonzo! I haven't seen my Indy figures since moving to this apartment in May, and you have tempted me to whip :whip: them out! (Pun intended.):p

It also makes me want to finish my collection. I still need the second truck release, Mola Ram, Giant Thuggee, and at least 2 more Thuggee Guards. And don't get me started on Advenure Heroes...

indymegatron

Dr. Gonzo said:
Dr. Gonzo's figures in "action"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOSj1kWOTnI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOSj1kWOTnI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Excellent video movements are perfect, I like the script "buildings are not of the set of Jurassic Park?:gun:

Dr. Gonzo

indymegatron said:
Excellent video movements are perfect, I like the script "buildings are not of the set of Jurassic Park?:gun:

Good eye. The compound from the original release Jurrassic Park toy line does make an appearance as well as the jeep. I just covered the "T-Rex skelleton logo" with a swastika and it become's a Nazi jeep. I'm glad I held onto those... figured they would be valuable or worth some money down the line.

I'm glad you all enjoy the trailer. It was fun.

Great stuff, Dr. Gonzo! I love live action toy movies. How long did this take you to put together? Are you actually making a movie based on this trailer, and if so, when do you expect it to be done?

vf wing

To quote the great Willie Scott: "It's about time!"

I've been hoping somebody would put together an Indy action figure film. From the number of different sets and setups that are glimpsed in the trailer, I'm guessing a longer piece will be forthcoming. Even if that doesn't happen, I still really enjoyed this one!

The puppet-mation adds such a sense of fun to things! Even when I'm stop animating, I often get the chance to sneak in a shot or two like that. In some ways they are more satisfying creatively, since they achieve a similar effect in usually a fraction of the time. They present their own set of challenges too, as it's often extremely tough to set up the shot without seeing your hand. Not to mention if you have no crew and are operating both figure and camera at the same time!

At some point, I hope to do a fake trailer with all my animated gifs, once I get enough of 'em together!

Dr Bones

vf wing said:
To quote the great Willie Scott: "It's about time!"

I've been hoping somebody would put together an Indy action figure film.

Surely you must have seen this?

I know this must have been posted several times now but it's my all time fave action figure movie....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JwhRkF9-Xc

ps ...not in anyway meant to detract from the great trailer by Dr Gonzo...

lao che & sons

Dr Bones said:

I know this must have been posted several times now but it's my all time fave action figure movie....

This is also my favorite action figure vid on youtube! Just so well made! Take some notes gonzo, yours is awesome don't get me wrong but with action scenes like this it could put your movie on a whole new level of greatness.;) (y)

Dr. Gonzo

Charlemagne said:
Great stuff, Dr. Gonzo! I love live action toy movies. How long did this take you to put together? Are you actually making a movie based on this trailer, and if so, when do you expect it to be done?

Yes it's going to be an actual story driven narative. I suspect it will be done some time early next year. I have been filming it off and on for about a year... I shoot it on average about three random days a month.

Dr. Gonzo

Dr Bones said:

"Raiders of the Toy Box" is a great action figure movie. The same folks that did that one also did a fantastic ALIEN action figure movie "Alien 5". It is 30 minutes of pure fun. When I saw it I was blown away! You guys should check that out. The sets were amazing, I don't know how they did it. Those guys, who ever they are, are quite talented.

vf wing

Yeah, I had seen Toy Box before, but I'd forgotten that Castle Greyskull makes a cameo :hat:

It was just great to see something new!

Dr Bones

Not Indy but thought I'd post em...

Built the whole red control room...then destroyed as the mrs got tired of it taking up space!! :mad:

Picture009-2.jpg

starwars-3.jpg

vf wing

Okay, here's the "fake" trailer I mentioned earlier. It collects all my old Indy animations, plus a couple of new ones, all set to Johnny Williams' great tuneage! Enjoy!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zq7CmECqT3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zq7CmECqT3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lance Quazar

vf wing said:
Okay, here's the "fake" trailer I mentioned earlier. It collects all my old Indy animations, plus a couple of new ones, all set to Johnny Williams' great tuneage! Enjoy!

That made me giddy with delight!!!!!!

Always great to see your amazing work, VF Wing!!!! Thank you so much!

Lance Quazar

Dr Bones said:
Not Indy but thought I'd post em...

Built the whole red control room...then destroyed as the mrs got tired of it taking up space!! :mad:

Really great diorama! Sorry that it is no longer among the living. Excellent work there!!!

Dr Bones

Lance Quazar said:
Really great diorama! Sorry that it is no longer among the living. Excellent work there!!!

Thanks...all credit to Niub Niub's excellent SW diorama website.

She shall rise again...:)

vf wing said:

Great stuff...very cool!

fenris

I've been acquiring Indy stuff like crazy. For the past 5 days, I've added and added more Indy action figures. At first, I managed to purchase 8 figures which were out of the box then a day later, I found a plastic bag with 14 figures.

Here they are now:

Raiders:
IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

Temple of Doom:
IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

Last Crusade:
IMG_2208.jpg

I only got these 3 figures from LC...

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:
IMG_2222.jpg