Staff of Kings (novel) by Rob MacGregor

Icybro

Crack that whip said:
I'm up for it as well, as long as I know where to write...
:hat: :whip:

That's the spirit! (y) Here's the address:

Howard Roffman
Lucasfilm Ltd.
P.O. Box 29901
San Francisco, CA 94129

Crack that whip

Icybro said:
That's the spirit! (y) Here's the address:

Howard Roffman
Lucasfilm Ltd.
P.O. Box 29901
San Francisco, CA 94129

Coolness! What about the publisher? We might do well to try both Roffman at Lucasfilm and whoever the relevant individual is now at Del Rey...

Icybro

Crack that whip said:
Coolness! What about the publisher? We might do well to try both Roffman at Lucasfilm and whoever the relevant individual is now at Del Rey...

Del Rey has thus far studiously ignored my letters, but if you want to try, I'd start with:

Tricia Pasternak, Editorial Director
Del Rey Books
1745 Broadway
18th Floor
New York NY 10019

Crack that whip

Excellent. Thanks for all the info! Snail mail letters should definitely garner more attention than email - quite possibly still not enough, but you never know, so I'm appreciative for that. I'll try to write both parties soon.

Icybro

Crack that whip said:
Excellent. Thanks for all the info! Snail mail letters should definitely garner more attention than email - quite possibly still not enough, but you never know, so I'm appreciative for that. I'll try to write both parties soon.

Thanks for your help, and good luck! Let us know if you get a response from either.

Crack that whip said:
Sending the check was a brilliant move...hats off.:hat:

It legally required a few conversations I'm sure.

If more followed suit there might even be a press release.

Still, way to put your money where your mouth is.

Kredepops

If you write these guys, please let them know that if they wish to use my artwork to publish the book, they can - free of charge.

Jesus, we're practically throwing money and free artwork at them, why can't they just release it electronically and rake in the cash?

walker

Hey guys
Just found out my company actually held an interview with Tricia Pasternak back in November 2011. I've contacted the staffer who interviewed her and have asked for an introduction. I'm going to see if she's willing to have lunch and discuss (I work in NYC publishing as well, so I'm close). I've also spoken with one of the buyers at Barnes & Noble about buying the book on an exclusive basis. So there's a sale just waiting to be made. If Tricia is willing to respond maybe we can get some sort of definitive answer on what it would take to make this happen. I'll let you know what her initial response is.
walker

Icybro

walker said:
Hey guys
Just found out my company actually held an interview with Tricia Pasternak back in November 2011. I've contacted the staffer who interviewed her and have asked for an introduction. I'm going to see if she's willing to have lunch and discuss (I work in NYC publishing as well, so I'm close). I've also spoken with one of the buyers at Barnes & Noble about buying the book on an exclusive basis. So there's a sale just waiting to be made. If Tricia is willing to respond maybe we can get some sort of definitive answer on what it would take to make this happen. I'll let you know what her initial response is.
walker

AWESOME! Truly exciting news. Please do let us know how it goes! :hat:

Caidanbi

walker said:
Hey guys
walker

Cool!! Maybe there is some hope after all. ^-^ Let us know what she says :D

walker

Well, so far no reply at all. She's a busy lady, but I was hoping there might be an opportunity here. I'll keep pestering her and if anything comes of it I'll let you all know.

walker

Not a thing - sorry! I'm going to keep trying though and will share any news I get as soon as I get it. It's mindboggling that they would keep this stored on a shelf somewhere.

Indyfan82

I posted this in the "Petition" thread, but I guess I'll mention it here too. Does Disney buying Lucasfilm change matters on this at all? I wonder if Disney might find a way to release the book? I would so love to read the story on "Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings", not to mention having another Indy story from Rob MacGregor at that!:)

Stoo

Indyfan82 said:
Does Disney buying Lucasfilm change matters on this at all? I wonder if Disney might find a way to release the book?
Doubtful. In case you aren't aware, Indy82, Disney officially said that they are not interested in Indiana Jones at this point in time.

Indyfan82

Okay- hadn't heard that directly. That does put a downer on things. Oh well- I sent Disney an email today to ask them about it anyway. I'll see if I actually get a response.