YIJ study guide value?

walker

Hello all
I was going through my IJ stuff last night and found a collectible I'd forgotten about: The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Study Guide. It was something you had to send away for. Mine includes a letter from the publicity person at YIJ confirming that they weren't going to do a second season (at least not on the same network).

The guide itself breaks down each episode (in their original single episode order, rather than the "feature film" re-edits that happened later), details the historical figures involved, etc. Pretty nifty, but I've never seen it referred to here before.

Is this a common item? Anyone know the value? I haven't found any reference to it on ebay.

Thanks for your help
walker

Stoo

Hey, walker. Yes, I think those are pretty rare. Here's a quote last month from this thread:
Vintage Young Indy merchandise

IndyAJA77 said:
I'd have to check on the program guides I think I got them by mailing a letter to someone a LucasFilm. My dad is also a retired history teacher and I believe he also sent away for one (for me, not his classes). Anyway, I'll try to dig them up and get back to you. My guess is they were synopses the episodes and well as a list of references for further reading (for the historical aspect of the episode) and there may have been some pix, but they were b&w.
Are there any graphics or are they just text?

walker

Great! Thanks for the info.

The guide wasn't illustrated much - only photos from each of the episodes. I would have loved to have seen some maps or something, but this was a pretty low budget effort. It's maybe 40 pages or so, with a plastic comb binding. Like something you'd get produced at a Kinko's or Office Max.

walker

Stoo

walker said:
Mine includes a letter from the publicity person at YIJ confirming that they weren't going to do a second season (at least not on the same network).
Is there a date on that letter? Thanks for the description about the binding, etc.
Would love to see a scan of the cover!;)

IndyAJA77

Sorry, I haven't had the time to locate my guide (somewhere in my basement!), but sound like what I have is the same thing walker has. I have no idea about value. I would guess it would have something to do with demand. If they had nice glossy photos, that might have upped their value, but since they don't, I can't imagine they'de be worth too much. But, a nice keepsake none the less!