Emperor's Tomb Editing Team/Project

DutchIndy

Indy87:

He said that the files you metioned were maps, textures,
models etc. files. He also said that he didn't have the tools to edit 'em. Arn't there any good game edit sites/programmes on the web?

-Dutch

Indy87

The point of this project is to figure out HOW to edit them and open them
Thats why we need people.
We need someone who knows computer programming to use hex editors and scripting

please help or the vision that we will be able to play fan made Indy levels wont occur

so please help

Tequileros

Umm no... No one wants to be on your team if you keep pushing people to do a thing. Could you please shut up now? I'm trying to sleep.

Finn

Staff member
Well, what if we calm down now, or someone will have to go bantering the speech about editing after all, no matter if it's legalized or not.

Patience is the key. Patience.

Mr.Deflok

Originally posted by Tequileros
Umm no... No one wants to be on your team if you keep pushing people to do a thing. Could you please shut up now? I'm trying to sleep.
AMEN! lol, IndyFan87, I might send you that editing guide, and no, don't reply to this message.

Indy87

just saying we have a forum up now at another site where we are going to base the project
if you want to join email me

Indy87

Update TIE.c's 'Emperor's Tomb' Dev. Team!

TIE.c's 'Emperor's Tomb' Dev. Team! -

05-22-03 - Posted by Aaron

Good news! Remember the story last month how you can edit 'Emperor's Tomb' and submit mods through LucasFiles? Well, we have started work on our own Development Team that we will be starting soon! Our goal is to improve 'Emperor's Tomb' in any way we can, by adding and creating levels, new characters, and whatever else we can think of! So if you have experience in any kind of programming language, or have been editing 'Emperor's Tomb' on your own, here's your chance to make a difference! If you wish to join the team, please email us at: emperorstomb@theindyexperience.com and include the following information:

Name

Qualifications (knowledge or skills in creating games and writing script)

Prior Work or References

Any other information that may pertain to the subject that you wish to present

So if you want to be on the development team, be sure to give us an email, we can use all the help we can get! See you there!

Hope You Sign Up!!!

the Fiddler

Wouldn't it be cool if...

You guys made a level that was just like the opening of Raiders. Where you have to whip and swing accross the pit, then not step on the trap stones, steal the idol, and run like hell!

It could be way cool. You might even be able to make a friendly character that follows with you. Maybe even add the sequence where you run from the natives swing into the watter, and board a leaving plane.

Or what about the secret Nazi plane? You could create a really big bald guy that you have to fight. And you could only barely kill him before running out of life (if you fought well), or you could simply grab him and throw him backward into the spinning propeller of the plane (perhaps even trick him somehow).

I think ET is really well designed to be able to make scenes right out of the films. For a lot of them, you wouldn't have to create many (if any) new skins, soundfx, weapons and the like.

Hey Indy87 THIS is a good (though somewhat of an excited rant) example of how to put all your thoughts together into one single post. Instead of posting 10 of yours to every one of somebody elses.

There's nothing wrong with your enthusiasm, we all want to see it happen. Just channel it a little better.

--the Fiddler

Chaoslord

MTX Files

Hey guys

Mtx files are MULTITEXTURE, created by a mtx.exe file

(basically they are .TGA files packed in a single .mtx file)

Indy87

thanks for the info
but really we need out to extract/convert/edit the MTX files

Anyone know where to download MTX.EXE?

Chaoslord

the MTX.exe id from the "utility" toolkit from Lucasarts

i'l try to write a quick unpacker(and packer) for those mtx

Indy87

and we need to convert/edit/open/unpack/ the MSH files
those files are for the graphics

would you like to join the team?
we will be having a private board in a location to disccus how to do this
We are having a private board to disccus this because the information used to edit this game can be used for others

Indy87

nope

that is the whole point of this project is to crack the files so they could be extracted unpacked edited and opened in other programs

want to join?