New Acquisitions!!

Kyle_Babbitt

I broke down again and bought the Temple of Doom Wave off ebay for $109.00 shipped. With the 25% cash back though live.com it came out to $81.75 or a little under $14.00 a figure.

Not bad if you ask me.

snake_surprise

Kyle_Babbitt said:
I broke down again and bought the Temple of Doom Wave off ebay for $109.00 shipped. With the 25% cash back though live.com it came out to $81.75 or a little under $14.00 a figure.

Not bad if you ask me.
Why wouldn't you just buy a whole case for that price, get the ToD wave, and 6 other figs to boot?

Then you spent around $7 a fig...?

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Just received an eBay purchase today - composer Laurence Rosenthal's 2-disc promo CD Music for Television, notable for six tracks of his music from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, most of it not available on the four commercially-released soundtrack volumes for the show. My Indy music library is growing quite a bit this month! :whip:
Would you be so kind as to provide a track list? ;) (Either here or in the Young Indy forum.)

Kyle_Babbitt

snake_surprise said:
Why wouldn't you just buy a whole case for that price, get the ToD wave, and 6 other figs to boot?

Then you spent around $7 a fig...?

Because it would have been $30 more with shipping? Its basically the same price and i'm not stuck with a bunch of figures i already have:whip:

snake_surprise

Kyle_Babbitt said:
Because it would have been $30 more with shipping? Its basically the same price and i'm not stuck with a bunch of figures i already have:whip:
I just got mine from the Lucas Indy store for $94 which included shipping.

I already took a few back to the store, so my cost for the ToD wave plus three other figs is at $70 now.

I will post a pick of the case in a few...it was really cool to open the box and see all these Indy figs stacked in a row...just got it the other day.

Kyle_Babbitt

snake_surprise said:
I just got mine from the Lucas Indy store for $94 which included shipping.

I already took a few back to the store, so my cost for the ToD wave plus three other figs is at $70 now.

I will post a pick of the case in a few...it was really cool to open the box and see all these Indy figs stacked in a row...just got it the other day.

Well indy store is out of stock, and the site has been down for the last few days as well;) It also came down to me wondering if EE would be able to fill all their orders. On ebay they were in hand, so i knew ide be getting them for sure.

snake_surprise

Kyle_Babbitt said:
Well indy store is out of stock, and the site has been down for the last few days as well;) It also came down to me wondering if EE would be able to fill all their orders. On ebay they were in hand, so i knew ide be getting them for sure.
Yeah, I got lucky...I was on the site last week, and they had the ToD case available. I just ordered it immediately. Literally an hour later, if that...it was sold out.

At least you have the peace of mind that you own them. I started to get in panic mode, and I refused to spend $20-$30 a pop on them plus shipping.

monkey man

I got them at EE as well. $8.10 a figure. Shipping included. They arrived yesterday.
The peace of mind is worth it for me. It's pretty close to impossible to figure out when or if the TOD wave will hit stores. That's alot of gas money and frustration that I don't have to deal with.
Heck, half of the LC figures are pretty hard to find still. Hasbros case assortments are pretty sorry. Would it kill them to put the whole LC wave in every case? No wonder stores aren't ordering them.

mfisher

scored all of the TOD figures except for shorty at a local kroger grocery store today... $6.99 each.. you guys weren't kidding when you said the paint aps on this wave was great.. wish they had looked this good from the beginning.. especially the improvement on Indy's holster over the gargantuan ones he had in the first wave..

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
Would you be so kind as to provide a track list? ;) (Either here or in the Young Indy forum.)

Certainly! I actually was planning on doing a sort of "soundtrack annotation" thread like the one I promised eons ago and I was going to talk about it in that, but in the meantime (since goodness knows it'll be a while before I do that thread), here's a list of the Indy content of this disc (though you actually could find it just as easily by checking out the closed eBay auction I linked to, and reading the tracklist in the item description ;) ):

Laurence Rosenthal's Music for Television, disc 2, tracks 19-24:

19. Young Indy (02:07)
20. Ireland 1916: The Fight In The Bakery/The Voice Of Ireland (03:10)
21. Peking 1910: The Long Night Of Dr. Wen-Chu (07:08)
22. Prague 1917: The Amazing Flight Of The Filing Cabinet (02:16)
23. Travels With Father: Tolstoy Among The People (03:06)
24. The Hollywood Follies: Broadway To Hollywood (02:22)

I misspoke myself earlier; this isn't mostly new material (in terms of overall music by running time), as the second track is a different edit of music from two tracks on one of the OSTs. Most of the tracks are new, though, since that one is different from the previous tracks and three of the others are completely new.

Track 19 is the extended cut of the theme, the same cue presented as "Main Title" (Album Version) on Vol. 1 of the commercially-released soundtracks. Track 20 is an extended cut of "(The) Fight in the Bakery," also present on the commercial release Vol. 4 but running only 2:11"; I thought the extra minute or so here ("The Voice of Ireland") would be something new, but it turns out to be the first part of "The Uprising," the 5:31" track following "Fight in the Bakery" on TYIJC Vol. 4 (so, "Fight in the Bakery" and "The Uprising" on Vol. 4 together contain all of Track 19 on this disc, plus an additional four and a half minutes or so). Track 21 is the same as the same-titled track (well, save for the different spelling of the doctor's name) on Vol. 1 of the OSTs.

The last three tracks, though, are entirely new - not only are these tracks not on the four OST volumes, but even those entire episodes are otherwise unrepresented on the soundtracks (I'm sure the track names alone tell you exactly what installments they're from ;) ). This makes this album quite welcome, especially since "Tolstoy Among the People" is from one of the younger young Indy (Corey Carrier Indy) adventures, and there are only three of CC's episodes represented on the OSTs.

If not for those three tracks, one could do without it entirely as far as one's Indy music library is concerned, since the other three tracks are all music one can get on the first and fourth volumes of the Young Indy OSTs. Oh, but hey, there's other music here, too. Maybe I should check some of that out as well, huh? :p :D

mfisher

Went to another Kroger today.. they had the full line of TOD figures..(able to snag Short Round to complete my TOD set, as well as a LC Indy) ... but, both Kroger stores that had these did not have them in their toy section, instead they had a cardboard stand-up display up at the front of the store with the figures... and still @ 6.99

Rhys135

Got the Monkey Man Mighty Mugg, Taters of the Lost Ark Mr Potato Head and the Deluxe Marion and Cairo Henchman set at disounted prices over the past few days. I'm hopeful that some of the action figures will come down in price soon, seeing as the DVD is released here on Monday.

Also got a Crystal Skull alien figure on it's way to me thanks to eBay.

Billy Ray

mfisher said:
Went to another Kroger today.. they had the full line of TOD figures..(able to snag Short Round to complete my TOD set, as well as a LC Indy) ... but, both Kroger stores that had these did not have them in their toy section, instead they had a cardboard stand-up display up at the front of the store with the figures... and still @ 6.99

Man it ticks me off that all the Krogers here closed several years ago! Fortunately I ordered a set online, but I wouldn't mind picking up a few more of this wave.

ForbiddenEye

FINALLY found Single-carded Henry, Grail Knight, and Young Indy at a Wal-Mart down here in Florida!
(y)

Now all I need is Elsa and the Temple Of Doom wave.

:rolleyes: :p

I REALLY need Mola Ram, Short Round, and Indy w./ Machete.
(n)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Hi Les-

Will those be out on the shelves or have they gone the way of the Do-Do and are not going to make it out onto the shelves... my Target was sellingIndy Adventure Heroes for 5.45 marked down... and the Mighty Mugg Swordsman for 2.64!

Mitchellhallock said:
Hi Les-

Will those be out on the shelves or have they gone the way of the Do-Do and are not going to make it out onto the shelves... my Target was sellingIndy Adventure Heroes for 5.45 marked down... and the Mighty Mugg Swordsman for 2.64!

I bought a case of 12 that included 3 TOD, 3 LC and the remainder a mix. Not sure where the comic shop was able to order it from. I doubt retail stores are going to order these in when they are putting all their Hasbro IJ on clearance.

vf wing

I've had Elsa on card for a while, but didn't want to open her 'til I got another specimen. Now that I've been able to secure an extra, I've incorporated her into my collection proper. She is SWEET. She will be limelighting in front of my camera soon!