Watchmen

The Man

Screw the kiddies!

Zack Snyder?s comic book adaptation will open in 3,611 playdates, which is the most ever for an R-Rated film. Also, the film will have an extensive midnight film release with 1,600 locations on board, which is a substantial improvement over 300?s 656 midnight opening.

Fandango is reporting that, as of last night, the film is fueling 90% of all advance ticket sales on the site.

Nurhachi1991

The Magic Rat said:
Haha, this the one you asked out on V-Day?

That would be the one! I diddn't ask her out though.......... I asked her to an upcoming dance and she said yes so it's looking good for me. But there is another guy that likes her to and in this sort of race there is no silver metal for finishing in second.

The Magic Rat

Nurhachi1991 said:
That would be the one! I diddn't ask her out though.......... I asked her to an upcoming dance and she said yes so it's looking good for me. But there is another guy that likes her to and in this sort of race there is no silver metal for finishing in second.

Hey, well good luck. Sounds like things will work out.

My punchline is wasted, as well, so we'll leave it at that! :)

DocWhiskey

Just got back from seeing it.

Very good.

Read the graphic novel twice years ago and seen the motion comic a few days back. Snyder and the gang mirror the source material very closely and the changes it does make are understandable and smart. Great acting on everyone's part. Very different. Didn't feel like nearly 3 hours. Great cinematography. The music choices were brilliant in some scenes and a bit...odd in others but it worked. The special effects were flawless. I have some little fanboy quips here and there but they didn't detract from the overall story which is presented beautifully and with great respect to the source material.

They said Watchmen was "unfilmable". I beg to differ.

3.5/4

caats

i thought it was good. much like the experience of reading the book, i was wanting it to hurry up at some points, but then other parts were just awesome. the casting was great. the ending was so much better for me. i thought the use of music was just awesome.

YouNeverKnow

The whole Dr. Manhattan backstory segment is some of the best 10 minutes of cinema I've ever seen. Simply breathtaking and Philip Glass's music to go along with it makes it so tense.

The Man

<object width="720" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9323"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9323" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="356"></embed></object>​

The Man

How many watched The Watchmen..?

And so it begins? to the glee of those who wrote the ?Don?t Believe The ?Watchmen? Hype? articles last week, Zack Snyder?s ?Watchmen? has, um, not lived up to the hype.

As the only wide-release of the weekend, and with that insane aforementioned ?hype? behind it, ?Watchmen? was expected to earn at least as much as Snyder?s ?300? did in March of 2007 ? $70.9 million. As you can probably see, ?Watchmen? fell short by about $15 million. I, however, am not going to give in to the pressure to proclaim a $55 million opening weekend a disappointment. OK, so ?Watchmen? didn?t set the world on fire. It did manage a per screen average of $15,413 - which is pretty great for an R-rated movie.

agentsands77

WATCHMEN's opening is nothing to sneeze at, but far more worrying is the sharp downward trend in ticket sales as the weekend progressed. It indicates that WATCHMEN's not going to have terribly long legs, which has to have the WB execs quite worried.

But WATCHMEN was always unlikely to carry with general audiences. It's just too odd.