2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Dewy9

Well, I doubt if it is coming (the statements are conflicting) that it'll be in early 2010. One of the Euro Amazon sites leaked the LEGO sets, including SW and a new theme, and Indy was no where to be found.

Trennas

Perhaps summer 2010 then.. I also wouldn't be surprised if the amount of sets would be significantly smaller.

lao che & sons

Dewy9 said:
Well, I doubt if it is coming (the statements are conflicting) that it'll be in early 2010. One of the Euro Amazon sites leaked the LEGO sets, including SW and a new theme, and Indy was no where to be found.

yes but, ben 10, price of persia and cars are also no where to be found. It's just toy story and star wars so far. I bet they'll take abreak with indy until a summer wave with some great sets. But you never know, lego even surprises me sometimes;)

lao che & sons

Goonie said:
Which set is this going to be?

I don't know/ But someone on the rebelscum forums link stated that a store manager said that the big set for Jan. 2010 indy is amazing. I'm not sure if this is true but if it is then I'm really excited to see what it's going to be.:D

Goonie

lao che & sons said:
I don't know/ But someone on the rebelscum forums link stated that a store manager said that the big set for Jan. 2010 indy is amazing. I'm not sure if this is true but if it is then I'm really excited to see what it's going to be.:D

It would be cool if it turned out to be the Grail Temple in Petra, Jordan.(y)

lao che & sons

2010 set names continue to pop up but still nothing on indy yet.. only set names of star wars, toy story, and a few more but no indy..... I'm expecting a tri-motor, mutt's chase, tank, and map room for jan. 2010 and the big set being a tank. I'll keep you guys updated, and there's plenty of other raveners who a fans of lego also so you'll know when the set names/pics are released!!(y)

Trennas

I'm hoping for some more Last Crusade sets. Namely the Grail Temple and the tank. With an actual Sallah and Marcus this time! :p

Trennas

lao che & sons said:
I think that the tod sets are only going to higher in price what is a $10 set idea?:)

How about a small camp set? Like, with Indy, Shorty, Willie and an Elephant, a campfire, laundry between trees, cards and some critters?

Trennas

Wow, this thread has fallen completely silent! Well, I passed the local toy store again today and I just couldn't contain myself anymore when I saw the Temple of Doom set beckoning me, so I finally caved and bought it ^^

Right now it's sitting on my bed, completely assembled. Was a lot of fun to build, especially when I found out that it was a LOT taller than I though it would be! The mine tracks are pretty sweet, and so are the minifigures! The only minor things bothering me are the small orange flames (the huge flames are awesome!) which are just too orange (if I remember correctly there was a much more timid flame in the Lost Tomb set), and the construction of the mine carts. In my opinion they are just too long, but with some work it should be easy to make new ones :)

All in all it's a great set! I just wonder where I'm gonna put it XD

Gobi-1

I picked the Venice Boat chase and the Cairo Street Market. The Venice boat chase is one of the most beautiful LEGOs sets I've ever seen. It's really classy. My only criticism is that it's about 10 bucks to high.

The Cairo market is a nice little set but it needs a horse to draw the cart.

Jack Panix

Trennas said:
The only minor things bothering me are the small orange flames (the huge flames are awesome!) which are just too orange (if I remember correctly there was a much more timid flame in the Lost Tomb set), and the construction of the mine carts. In my opinion they are just too long, but with some work it should be easy to make new ones :)
You think the mine cars are too long? I thought they were too short. I was disappointed that you can't get three mini-figs into a car. The photo on the box kinda fudges the reality of the set - it makes it look like you can get Indy, Willie, and Short Round in one car, but upon closer inspection, you can see that Shorty is apparently standing on air behind the car.

LEGO also did this photographic trickery with the Venice set. The box photo makes it appear that two figures can sit side by side in the boat's front seat when that is really not possible.

Still, I do like both sets and plan on getting additional copies if I see them on sale or clearance. I'd like to have a lot more of the mine track.

Trennas

Jack Panix said:
You think the mine cars are too long? I thought they were too short. I was disappointed that you can't get three mini-figs into a car. The photo on the box kinda fudges the reality of the set - it makes it look like you can get Indy, Willie, and Short Round in one car, but upon closer inspection, you can see that Shorty is apparently standing on air behind the car.

LEGO also did this photographic trickery with the Venice set. The box photo makes it appear that two figures can sit side by side in the boat's front seat when that is really not possible.

Still, I do like both sets and plan on getting additional copies if I see them on sale or clearance. I'd like to have a lot more of the mine track.

I had noticed that photoshopped Shorty as well, then I tried getting three minifigs in a cart, but the only way to do that is to place one at the side, and then the half barrel of the cart keels over :p Couldn't really be bothered with that though. I think I'll make some new and improved mine carts for this set though; see if we can get closer to the thing they used in the movies :)

The mine tracks themselves are pretty darn neat! they feel sturdy, and with the couple of parts you can actually build a pretty fun track. Imagine what you could do with the tracks from two sets!

Also some fun photoshop box trickery regarding the tracks; in the photo they look like they make a big loop, so it seems like the tracks run for quite a bit, but you could never do that with the amount of tracks that come with the set :p Still I have to say that the length of the tracks is actually pretty impressive. I had a hard time finding some place to put it!

Jack Panix

After making a brief appearance on toy shelves at Walmarts here in the US, the new Indy sets have gone the way of the dodo it seems. I still see them at Kmart and TRU though. Walmart is banking on Star Wars this holiday season, though I really think LEGO Indy still has legs.

In other news, Toys R Us has a "Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free" on all LEGO sets this week (September 20-26, 2009). The sale excludes Star Wars and Bulk brick sets. Might be a good time to pick up some Indy sets!

Crack that whip

Jack Panix said:
After making a brief appearance on toy shelves at Walmarts here in the US, the new Indy sets have gone the way of the dodo it seems. I still see them at Kmart and TRU though. Walmart is banking on Star Wars this holiday season, though I really think LEGO Indy still has legs.

I'm sure that if the Walmarts in your area are out of LEGO Indy, they're simply between restockings. The sets are way too new and too popular for WM to not get more in. I'm sure they'll carry them at least through Christmas, at minimum.

If nothing else, the sets will indeed continue to be available for a while through numerous outlets, not just WM, so if they (or another vendor you'd normally buy from) runs out, you should easily be able to find them at some other outlet. For the moment, all the 2009 sets (both the January wave and the August one) should be readily available (in the series' internal chronological order: Shanghai Chase, The Temple of Doom, Ambush in Cairo, Fight on the Flying Wing, Venice Canal Chase, Fighter Plane Attack, and Chauchilla Cemetery Battle), and even a few of the 2008 sets can be had in some stores.

Jack Panix

Crack that whip said:
I'm sure that if the Walmarts in your area are out of LEGO Indy, they're simply between restockings. The sets are way too new and too popular for WM to not get more in. I'm sure they'll carry them at least through Christmas, at minimum.
It's not a matter of restocking them. The summer Indy releases aren't listed on WM's planograms for their holiday reset. WM stores here clearanced out the January sets (Shanghai Chase & Flying Wing) back in August, so I was able to pick up multiples of them.