General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Melesse

I liked KOTCS! It has flaws but it is very enjoyable. (gee people, it is fine if you hated it - just stop bragging about it)
And I would like to see another Indy!

I admit, I didn't have slightest idea what could be #5 until I saw this post:

Chinese commies is the best idea I found up to now (not exactly a global threat, but better then again Russians, and way better than Nazis).

Time period: early sixties.

Macguffin: with China and surroundings there are many possibilities. For instance Terracotta Army, Yeti being surviving Neanderthal and origins of Homo Sapiens, or my favorite: something to do with dragons (though this sounds like a Tomb Raider). OK, this is not easy as it seems...

Other then Russians and Chinese, the only other villains would be some cult, or Freemasons or such conspiracy.

I couldnt agree more. Lucas came up with Indy, he can do whatever he wants with it and the fans will always watch it a million times, say it sucks, whine for the rest of their lives about it, and then buy all the DVDs. I dont think that half of us could pull off something like Indy ever, if you can do better, DO BETTER!

Flash Dixson

Melesse said:
I couldnt agree more. Lucas came up with Indy, he can do whatever he wants with it and the fans will always watch it a million times, say it sucks, whine for the rest of their lives about it, and then buy all the DVDs. I dont think that half of us could pull off something like Indy ever, if you can do better, DO BETTER!
The funny thing is unless the people who are *****ing and whinning about it are directors/ writers or trying atleast to be, they realy should shut the hell up. This messageboard, and this charecter that we love dearly would obviously not exsist if not for george. The guy deserves alot more respect from many of his fans, ecspecialy since he owes us nothing, yet many think so.

Darth Vile

Flash Dixson said:
The funny thing is unless the people who are *****ing and whinning about it are directors/ writers or trying atleast to be, they realy should shut the hell up. This messageboard, and this charecter that we love dearly would obviously not exsist if not for george. The guy deserves alot more respect from many of his fans, ecspecialy since he owes us nothing, yet many think so.

Right on... :)

indytim

lazadugi said:
Macguffin: with China and surroundings there are many possibilities. For instance Terracotta Army, Yeti being surviving Neanderthal and origins of Homo Sapiens, or my favorite: something to do with dragons (though this sounds like a Tomb Raider). OK, this is not easy as it seems...

You should check out the trailer for the new Mummy movie (which is out later this Summer) because it features just about every single idea you've listed there! :hat:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808497672/video/7901889

Shortie

I don't like the idea of Mutt being tricked into becoming a bad guy. I don't think he'd betray his father & (especially) his mother. Unless he's hypnotized which would be a retread of TOD.

lazadugi

indytim said:
You should check out the trailer for the new Mummy movie (which is out later this Summer) because it features just about every single idea you've listed there! :hat:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808497672/video/7901889
Argh! :eek:
Yes, indeed. Never paid much attention to the Mummy series... (and their Yeti* and Dragon seem bit lame in this trailer)
Damn, that probably takes China off the list.
Just shows how incredibly hard it is to come up with something both new and good.

*Edit: hehe, at least their Yeti doesn't seem to be surviving Neanderthal as I speculated :) :)

Dust McAlan

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

It's quick, easy, sets itself up, and there's even an interesting way to kill the main bad guy that I've already thought of.

Only problem is that you can't de-age Ford unless Stevie and Georgie-boy want to abuse the CGI again, in which case they don't even need Ford anymore. Can you imagine, Harrison gets the call from George: "Your services are no longer required."

Dust McAlan

Agent Spalko said:
Only problem is that you can't de-age Ford unless Stevie and Georgie-boy want to abuse the CGI again, in which case they don't even need Ford anymore. Can you imagine, Harrison gets the call from George: "Your services are no longer required."
No, we'll set it up after Kingdom ends. Maybe in early 1959. Indy discovers that Mutt was kidnapped, and against Marion's protests our hero heads out to find his son. Age jokes aplenty, Indy really begins to feel the mileage catching up to him. Then we get a glorious scene near the end where Indy gets a sip from the Fountain itself. Using the de-age tech from X-Men 3, they can make Harrison look ten years younger, long enough to beat the villain before the water's effects run out. The rule woud have to be that a continual drinking of the waters would keep one young, not merely a simple sip and you're immortal, but that's feasible.

Too much like Last Crusade when he drinks from the grail brings a wellspring for eternal life only catch was he had to stay behind the seal.

lazadugi

Dust McAlan said:
Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

It's quick, easy, sets itself up, and there's even an interesting way to kill the main bad guy that I've already thought of.
It is not the best idea as we already had The Grail prolonging life. Plus I aways felt that Indy also needs some physical object as well (Ark, Shankara stones, Grail, Skull).

Hmmm. Stonehenge, Celts, druids, king Arthur, Excalibur, Round Table, Merlin, and Morgana in one story perhaps? Excalibur would have to be some magic device, and maybe we could also get some dragons :D :D

LostArk

lazadugi said:
It is not the best idea as we already had The Grail prolonging life. Plus I aways felt that Indy also needs some physical object as well (Ark, Shankara stones, Grail, Skull).

Hmmm. Stonehenge, Celts, druids, king Arthur, Excalibur, Round Table, Merlin, and Morgana in one story perhaps? Excalibur would have to be some magic device, and maybe we could also get some dragons :D :D

Stonehendge was done in the Further Adventures comics. Don't know about the others but I've never been interested in that kind of stuff.
How about another fictional artifact like the Cross of Coronado?

Horchata

Agent Spalko said:
In 1989 Lucas still had some small semblance of sanity left in him. He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

LMAO! what a great way to put it. I must say, Phantom Menace was in my eyes good... I mean it had a lot to live up to. But making another Indy movie with Shia as a main character, and INDIANA JONES as a side character is absolutely INSANE. I'd rather watch Indy use a cane in a movie than see Shia star in it over Harrison. Even if they re casted Indy as someone else, it would NEVER EVER be the same. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. PERIOD.

geeeze im flustered now.

lazadugi

LostArk said:
Stonehendge was done in the Further Adventures comics. Don't know about the others but I've never been interested in that kind of stuff.
How about another fictional artifact like the Cross of Coronado?
I doubt that Indy comics count. Few reasons: way too many comics, and majority sucks big time, but most importantly it doesn't seem that Lucas had anything to do with story in comics and thus they are not canon.

About Indy books and novels I have no clue, never checked any of them. But looking now at their sheer number I would apply the same reasoning as above.

A fictional artifact? It is way better if you can connect Indy to some real archeology, or at least common myths and legends.

@Agent Spalko, Sword of Arthur: whats that? Fan fiction? Indy movies never had flashbacks (this script starts with "1238, 200 miles off the Spanish Coast").

agentsands77

lazadugi said:
I dunno. We already had the Arthurian kind of thing in LAST CRUSADE (admittedly with a different emphasis). I just have a really hard time getting excited about an Excalibur adventure... doesn't seem exotic or interesting enough.

I'd actually like an INDY V to return to some horror influences.

indytim

ResidentAlien said:
That's unfair. Halloween 3 really isn't THAT bad. It just gets a bad rap because it's "the one without Michael Myers."

I always liked Halloween 3!!! I quite liked the premise of continuing the series as stand-alone scary stories based around Halloween ... Eight more days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Eight more days 'til Halloween, Silver Shamrock :dead:

blueseattle

indytim said:
I always liked Halloween 3!!! I quite liked the premise of continuing the series as stand-alone scary stories based around Halloween ... Eight more days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Eight more days 'til Halloween, Silver Shamrock :dead:

Halloween 3 is great.

I still think something with Arabic or African descent would be best.