Favourite comic book adaption

Canyon

Superman, Spiderman, X-men, Judge Dredd, Batman, Hellboy, The Mask, Constantine, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil...

Do you have a favourite?

Jay R. Zay

the only good comic adaption i know is Road to Perdition, a modern film noir mafia movie with tom hanks and jude law.

88_road%20to%20perdition.jpg

perhaps Sin City is the second one but i didn't see it yet.

sin_city_ver5.jpg

EDIT: oh and no, it's not just that i like rain on the posters ;)

Indydan13

The Road to Perdition was a comic?

Anywho...I think that Batman was the best. You got the darkness of the comics, mixed with great comic relief, and the second best representation of the Joker next to the Animated one from the 1992 Series (voiced by Mark Hamill).

That is the First Two Batman movies...the other stunk more than Ben Affleck's Acting in anything but a Kevin Smith Movie...

Canyon

Come on guys. This has the potential to be a great thread. :D

Geez, where is everybody these days? :rolleyes:

IAdventurer01

...anyway, back at THE RAVEN

I think Spiderman did a pretty good job for an adaptation. For one thing, the movie was actually GOOD, which is more than you can say for a lot of 'em. :rolleyes:
But I think it also captured a lot of the feel of the comics.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Canyon said:
Superman, Spiderman, X-men, Judge Dredd, Batman, Hellboy, The Mask, Constantine, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil...

Do you have a favourite?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!!!! DUH!!!

:D

naw, I'm ganna go with the mask

Webley

Take a look at this pick from Spider-Man 3

Looks like Thomas Haden Church is playing Sandman

tchurch.jpg

Indy4ever

1989 Batman

I really like Tim Burton's initial take on the Caped Crusader!

Plus, it has a cool late 80s vibe, and an awesome Prince soundtrack.

I used to be sooo freaked out by Nicholson's Joker! That white makeup was scary stuff to me!

indifan101

My favorite comic series was probably Robocop and Indiana Jones from Dark Horse! They were awsome comic series! I can remember reading them everyday! I still do!:D

roundshort

What no "Howard the Duck,"

No that is a movie, and what a great comic . . .

I gotta say Spiderman is the best, with X-men 2 a close second.
Just watch Spiderman, and I think we can all agree on one thing . . . Kirsten Dunst, who hasa to be the best looking chick going! I was lucky enough to sit next to her once at a showing of her movie Cat's Meow, even though she only stayed for about 20 minutes or so, DAMN, what a woman!

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
. . . with X-men 2 a close second.

X2 gets the vote simply for the scene where Wolverine cuts through the Government Agents in the Westchester mansion.

It's gotten to the point where I can't stand any of the other comic book flics.

Paden

It does seem that after the success of X-Men and Spider-Man we've been inundated with films based on comic book heroes (which have varied widely in quality). The most recent superhero film that I enjoyed was Batman Begins, which was definitely my favorite screen treatment of the character so far. I've enjoyed both entries in the aforementioned X-Men and Spider-Man series as well. And, of course, I'm a fan of the first two Superman movies (I'd rather forget the last two installments).

Joe Brody

Paden said:
The most recent superhero film that I enjoyed was Batman Begins, which was definitely my favorite screen treatment of the character so far.

I gotta admit, I didn't like Batman Begins -- which is why I didn't (I think) join in your excellent thread on the subject.