New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

tnswman

DIrishB said:
Originally, 3 different comics were produced by the French company Bagheera (Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide, Indiana Jones et la Cité de la Foudre, Indiana Jones et le Grimoire Maudit). Another company named Renault printed paperback versions (the Bagheera's were hardcover, though I'm not sure if Renault printed all three comics...I know they did at least two, though). Shell gas stations in Canada (and France? Not sure about that) began issuing the first two comics (Secret de la Pyramide and Cité de la Foudre) as hardcovers, with a different cover, and missing the first several pages of the origial Bagheera versions (the "prologues", basically, 3-4 pages from the first two were cut).

Just in case that helps, wasn't sure if you knew about all the versions.

Also, I saw your posting of some Indy manga in this thread. I actually was trying to do some more research into these, and in another thread (Indy timeline thread) had someone who reads Japanese translating the titles.

Seems like most of those are adaptations of the films, but he wasn't able to make out the titles on the 3 books in the lower center. They seem to feature a much younger looking Indy (though this could just be the Anime/Manga effect of everyone looking too young), and I wondered if they were original stories, adaptations of Young Indy episodes, etc. Also, the blonde woman and the guy with the pointy mustache (on the second one) don't seem like any characters from the movies, which leads me to think these might be original adventures.

Is there any way you could take pictures of those three books covers, and maybe we can at least get the titles translated? I've been wondering about these since you first posted that pic months back.

Les, I think that there were Manga stories of a younger Indy that were released. There is a lot of odd Manga stuff out there but it is easy to miss if it is not translated. The books are kind of similar to what is coming out in North America soon. Unless you are meaning something that I am not seeing.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Indiana Jones was part of the Dark Horse UK reprints of Star Wars back in the 1990s. They were magazine sized books that combined several Star Wars "Dark Empire" tales along with Indy as back-up stories. They even included some buttons or pins from time to time attached to the covers. I have them somewhere in this place. I just dug up all my Indy related magazines from the early 1980s -- everything from Fantastic Films, Prevue, Starlog - Cracked and Mad Magazine.

DIrishB

tnswman said:
Les, I think that there were Manga stories of a younger Indy that were released. There is a lot of odd Manga stuff out there but it is easy to miss if it is not translated. The books are kind of similar to what is coming out in North America soon. Unless you are meaning something that I am not seeing.

Yeah. I'm just wondering if they're adaptations of the Young Indy episodes or original stories. I can't seem to find any info on them (probably because they're in Japanese).

Mitchellhallock said:
Indiana Jones was part of the Dark Horse UK reprints of Star Wars back in the 1990s. They were magazine sized books that combined several Star Wars "Dark Empire" tales along with Indy as back-up stories. They even included some buttons or pins from time to time attached to the covers. I have them somewhere in this place. I just dug up all my Indy related magazines from the early 1980s -- everything from Fantastic Films, Prevue, Starlog - Cracked and Mad Magazine.

Were they original Indy stories, or just reprints of the existing DH Indy material from the 90's? I assume they were just reprints, but I like to be thorough in my Indy research. ;)

DIrishB said:
Yeah. I'm just wondering if they're adaptations of the Young Indy episodes or original stories. I can't seem to find any info on them (probably because they're in Japanese).

Were they original Indy stories, or just reprints of the existing DH Indy material from the 90's? I assume they were just reprints, but I like to be thorough in my Indy research. ;)

Haven't forgotten you DIrishB - I'm busy bailing water from the basement (don't worry - the Indy museum is in a different building AND on the 2nd floor).. there are also now 9 of those books! I'll scan them when I have a moment to myself this week and post :)

Indy Spanish toon graphic novels

Since many readers feel that Indy should continue his adventures in animated adventures I thought I 'd share the covers of the super graphic novels by the very talented Enrique V. Vegas.

The covers of all three can be viewed at throwmetheidol.com

Les

DIrishB

throwmetheidol said:
Haven't forgotten you DIrishB - I'm busy bailing water from the basement (don't worry - the Indy museum is in a different building AND on the 2nd floor).. there are also now 9 of those books! I'll scan them when I have a moment to myself this week and post :)

Yikes! Sorry to hear that, hope all is well now. Glad the Indy merch is safe. ;)

Thanks for that, I look forward to the scans.

throwmetheidol said:
Since many readers feel that Indy should continue his adventures in animated adventures I thought I 'd share the covers of the super graphic novels by the very talented Enrique V. Vegas.

The covers of all three can be viewed at throwmetheidol.com

Les

Cool, thanks Les!

After 7+ months of searching....

meet indy.jpg
meet mutt.jpg

I couldn't even confirm until now that these were ever printed or released -- but they were .... in the UK only! I received them today in the mail :)

DIrishB said:
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, hope all is well now. Glad the Indy merch is safe. ;)

Thanks for that, I look forward to the scans.

Cool, thanks Les!

Here's the 8 covers (note the English titles at the top of each)...

yij_jp_1plantationtreasure.jpg
yij_jp_2tombterror.jpg

yij_jp_3circledeath.jpg
yij_jp_4secretcity.jpg

yij_jp_5princessperil.jpg
yij_jp_6crownroma.jpg

yij_jp_7ghostlyriders.jpg
yij_jp_8rubycross.jpg

Enjoy!!

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
Today we received signed photos from Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy as well as meeting Dan Ackroyd (and having him sign a promo still from Temple of Doom).

Visit throwmetheidol.com to view them.

You didn't get a bottle of quadruple distilled, triple Herkimer diamond filtered, Newfoundland deep aquifer pure spirit vodka from Aykroyd? :cool:

Stoo

throwmetheidol said:

Enjoy!!
Aah, so they are illustrated versions of the Young Indy novels. Very, very interesting. Thanks a lot for posting the covers!!!(y) I'm not an amime/manga fan but these are now on my want list.

Plaristes

Stoo said:
Aah, so they are illustrated versions of the Young Indy novels. Very, very interesting. Thanks a lot for posting the covers!!!(y) I'm not an amime/manga fan but these are now on my want list.

Mine, too. I'd prefer if they were in English, but I'd get them in Japanese if I have to (like with the Hohlbein novels). At least there are the two comic strip adaptations in English that hopefully will be eventually scanned and posted.

Short Rounded said:
Is it actually a public museum? Anyways, Great Collection!

Yes it is. It's a separate building with an 1,100 sq. foot room housing my 4,000+ item collection. Everything from books to toys to art to original props.

We've had 100's iof visitors since it's completion last year. And I'm buried in requests from people that re trying to make it out to our place in 2009 :)

DIrishB

throwmetheidol said:

Enjoy!!

Thanks for posting those, Les. You cleared up a nagging question thats bugged me for months. Thanks again!

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
Yes it is. It's a separate building with an 1,100 sq. foot room housing my 4,000+ item collection. Everything from books to toys to art to original props.

We've had 100's iof visitors since it's completion last year. And I'm buried in requests from people that re trying to make it out to our place in 2009 :)

Les, is the museum safe? I've seen on the news that you guys have some flooding in your area.:eek:

Goonie said:
Les, is the museum safe? I've seen on the news that you guys have some flooding in your area.:eek:

Still monitoring the situation. The river is normally hundreds of feet from the museum building. It is currently approx. 12 feet away. But we've seen it there before so it's not unusual.

Thanks for the concern... we'll keep folks posted as the thaw continues.

Les

throwmetheidol said:
Here's some shots of 'Ravenwood' museum ... an 1,100 sq. foot building located on 8 acres in Canada.
museum 011.jpg

Media cabinet - contains English, UK, French, German, Italian, and Japanese releases.

museum 012.jpg

Arcade contains (TOD Atari - not shown), Pinball, Fruit machine UK, both styles pachinko (Japan) and Fruit Machine (Germany).

museum 014.jpg

Library- contains English, UK, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Hebrew, Chinese and Japanese novels/magazines/comics. Also press materials, catalogs and software.
three letters OMG!!!!!

Puzzles from Europe

Today brought the arrival of the 3 puzzles we were missing from Europe.

Manufactured by Ravensburger they produced 4 puzzles in total. The 3 that arrived today (we've had the 4th one for a while now) are the 60, 100 and 500 piece puzzles.