Adventure film music video montage!

hovitos

Hi everyone,
I've put together a music video montage of all the great (and not so great) adventure movies. There's about 14 of them in all, and the Indy trilogy features heavily (as well it should!).
Hope you enjoy it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTHEN7XaLnw
Feedback here or, preferably, the youtube site appreciated!
Hovitos

Tom Jones

Hey Hovitos, saw the adventure music video and I really liked it. It must have taken a long time to make and to pick which action scenes to put in it. Great job! :whip:

hovitos

Thanks!
Yes, it took forever to get the timing right. There's still a few bits I'd like to change but the length of the source scenes in most cases makes this difficult withouth screwing up the timing of the rest of the shots. I had to compress it right down to fit on youtube, so some of poorer quality sources start to show. However, I'm happy there's a few (sometimes unintentional) alignments of action with lyrics.

qwerty

I have a sugestion for you.
This song consists of slow and fast parts, there is a strong bass line and good lyrics. The movies you took all of these clips from also have good scenes, both fast and slow.
You were supposed to pay attention on where in the song is a need for wich kind of scene. Try doing it again, but this time listen to the song and visualise the clip. Once you can see the whole clip in your head, make it. If it still is not right do the whole process again.
Repetition leads to perfection.

hovitos

Thanks for the suggestion. I might revisit it when I can get some decent quality versions of all the movies, otherwise I'd be wasting my time. As you said, practice makes perfect!