Matrix trilogy

00Kevin

Indyfan
When it was released in 1999 "The Matrix" became an instant Classic..........the matrix series is one of the best scifi film series of the modern day

tomorrow, "Matrix Reloaded" hit theaters and promises to be even better then the first........also, the video game "Enter the Matrix" hits shelves tomorrow, it will be quite a day

tonight at 10:00 I'm going to see Matrix Reloaded (basicallly the midnightshowing, only 2 hours early)

so whadda ya say? what are your thoughts on..........The Matrix Series??????

EvilNazi

i am. but here in argentina it comes out on may 22nd.

hey, one question: what's up with that new matrix game? is it a GAME, or sth like an nteractive encyclopedia of matrix or something? i read a short paragraph about it and got that sort of impression.

PS: if you are interested in a good shooter where you can do matrix stunts, you should get Max Payne.

swords

Your one lucky guy 00.;) Im hoping to catch it by the weekend for sure.

I think the first Matrix left a impact on audiences, even I thought it was going to be strictly a shoot em up flick but was surprised by the twist on reality.

The Matrix is the Indiana Jones of the 2000s.

00Kevin

Indyfan
WOW

Matrix Reloaded was the wierdist, strangist, most mind bending film I've ever seen

amasing effects

chase sceen was Excellent
the fights were amasing

forget EVERYTHING you think you know about the Matrix, this one has more then enough twists and turns to make your head spin

It can be confusing at times, and........

....It ends on a cliffhanger, so we have to wait until november to find out how the Matrix Trilogy ends.

swords

Whoa

Thats great news, read that the action and especially that chase scene was brilliant. I might be catching it tomorrow night, if not definitely by Sunday.

How was the burly brawl(The 50 + Smiths fight)?

Don't spoil us though.;)

swords

[Neo voice]Whoa[/Neo voice]. After all the reviews I read, I don't understand what the critics were driving at.

I loved the philosophical play on words, hmmm, I don't see how it was boring, as it made sense to me and it brought deep reflection for the audience. We know what the Matrix is, we know that you can bend the rules in the Matrix, the first film established that then finally shown what was possible in the Matrix.

Now Matrix Reloaded is all about the fun, it doesn't have the constraints of the original(introducing characters, introducing the story, what its all about), hence, we can just proceed to having a blast.

And whoa, what a blast! Although the Neo vs weapon weilding foes, and the sword fighting/twins and agents, Morpheous, Trinity chase was mind bending as was mentioned, the burly brawl was so spectacular, it was so incrediable, all I have to say is whoa, well, how about wow?

This fight scene was incrediable, err, I said that already, how about perfect? I think this sequence alone is worth the price of the movie's viewing.

This movie not only kills away the competition, but it actually triumphs over the original. I like the original's ideas, but this one wins my vote in the entertainment value. This may seem shallow, but hey, I could say that about SW fans who are just as guilty.

I loved the "rave", that was a nice touch, had a trance to it. I love how Neo was portrayed as a religious figure(if I must say, Jesus Christ comes to mind), and once again I loved the Burly brawl. I highly recommend the Matrix Reloaded...

...And be sure to wait after the credits for a preview of the next installment. November is no longer a anticipation for the Indy DVD's, Revolutions is.;)

swords

Oh yeah, we'll see who rips off who once T3 hits theaters.;):D

I noticed the key icon to your topic title, fits in nicely with the whole 'keymaker' plot of the movie.

THE BURLY BRAWL ROCKS! Its the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning.:D

brainofj21

Hey Ebert and Roeper loved the film. Richard Roeper called it the best film he's seen so far this year, which I would have to agree with.

I can't wait till October when this film hits DVD!

November is going to own me, Indy on DVD and Revolutions in the theater!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I saw the movie yesterday and I found it pretty entertaining. Someone said it was mind bending, I don't really see when, I mean you learn a little more about how the matrix works and all the rest is just action.

The effects are awesome (maybe a little too much of superman though), they are the main point to the movie.

I didn't really like the "cause and effect" philosophical part, it was kinda too much and didn't help the slow going senario. It seemed that absolutly every thing was a pretext to a fight with the overly powerful Neo.

The spirit of the first movie is kept but I can't help but think that this movie isn't more than just entertaining. It remains good but in my opinion there should never have been a sequal to The Matrix and that is probably what bothers me the most. The first one could have very well ended the movie. Ahh, eternally unsatisfied people like me are annoying, I know.

swords

Oh are they now?;)

I agree that the first Matrix wrapped things up nicely, I think the Wackawski brothers wanted to up the ante in special effects in these sequels to showoff and set a new precedent. Much like they did for "Bullet time", which was ripped off repeatedly in other movies following the Matrix.

What I meant was that the action was mind bending.:cool: the philosophical relgious allegory was fun to ponder.:cool: I thought, and I think things will make more sense when Revolutions hits theaters. Nonetheless, glad you enjoyed it Vaxer.

What's with all the sex?? Did we really need all of those innuendo's and rediculous "I'll tell you want you want to know if you kiss me" scenes. Hunh?? I never in a million years saw that stuff coming and personally find that it has no place in the matrix universe... (Including the 'Cake' scene...)

swords

Hmmm, not too familiar with the cake scene, but...

From what I read, the sex/orgy/dance scenes were thrown in to distinquish the humans from the machines. It was to show that the humans weren't going to take any "crap" from their enemies. I thought it was a great scene, hypnotizing and erotic(yes, erotic).

Kill Cavalry

I wouldn't have minded the scene if they'd done it in a different way. The party was fine, it was commentary on what seperates on the machines, as was the sex scene. But together and in the way they did it, the scene was just disgusting and distasteful.

The biggest thing that bugged me about it was the feet. They kept showing FEET! Do the Wachowskis have something with feet? If they do I don't want to ever hear about it again!

The movie all together was very very cool though. Very intellegent and well thought out. A fitting follow up to a ground breaking film.