Can we get Indy around the globe ?

InexorableTash

A detour is fine with me, although may I suggest that only the figure go, and keep the irreplaceable memorabilia with a board member?

NickTurner

Great to know folks are open to adventures! :hat:

Now why the heck should I be surprised by that, considering where I am!!!

I'm cluing my mate into the travels of Indy on the Raven, just to be sure he knows what he's in for! He's also planning to take a few test shots I believe. Sounds like a place rife with possibilities, so here's hoping it's on! :whip:

Oh and he was planning to just take Indy - the 'stuff' would stay with me until he returns. No mailing involved at all! I'll get him to 'stamp' the passport though!

Stoo

Different Photos

Hey, Nick, your last 4 images magically changed into different photos! Now they don't match the descriptions. What happened?:confused:

NickTurner

Stoo said:
Hey, Nick, your last 4 images magically changed into different photos! Now they don't match the descriptions. What happened?:confused:

Wizard Indy strikes again with magically changing photos!! :D

Reality is much more mundane. I was editing on 2 different computers and named some files the same, then uploaded them!

Stoo

NickTurner said:
Wizard Indy strikes again with magically changing photos!! :D
Heh! If Indy makes it down to the pinball machine at Fisherman's Wharf, he'll be a Pinball Wizard Indy!:p
NickTurner said:
Reality is much more mundane. I was editing on 2 different computers and named some files the same, then uploaded them!
What are you, a multi-tasking octopus? Maybe we should start calling you, Kali, since you apparently have more than 2 arms!:D

I see the original photos are back in place. Nice sneak preview of the other ones.;)
Nick Turner said:
You are correct sir! (And your memory is awesome! :D)
Thanks, Nick, but Lance would disagree (when it comes to remembering deleted egg scenes, that is). Speaking of Lance, where is he?:confused:

Billy Ray

Again I have been neglecting this thread. Great pics Nick! I just got the same camera a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it. It's my first "real" camera. Wish I had had it in Afghanistan, but it probably would have wound up full of dust so just as well.

I hope Indy is careful in the Phillipines...he might get kidnapped by rebels. :eek:

NickTurner

Stoo said:
What are you, a multi-tasking octopus? Maybe we should start calling you, Kali, since you apparently have more than 2 arms!:D

Well I don't work on them at the same time, silly! I was sneaking in some updates at work taking advantage of a quiet day! Usually I load and edit at home. And obviously my memory does not extend to filenames I used...

Since the "top secret" photos have already leaked I can instruct my team of "top men" to post them here officially. Today traveling Indy visits the world famous Jack London Square! (Tourist trap most likely...) Nice yachts with the docks in the background.

TIndy_52.jpg

Hmm looks like a waterside hotel. Nearly lost the suitcase here when Indy fell onto the jetty. Those planks have BIG gaps. Gulp! Must pay more attention to surrounding in the future!

TIndy_53.jpg

A statue of the famous author himself.

TIndy_54.jpg

Enough contemplation! Time to move on...

TIndy_55.jpg

Beautiful day for a stroll!

TIndy_45.jpg

Must stop a while and enjoy the view. Boy the smells from the restaurant kitchens are making me hungry!

TIndy_44.jpg

NickTurner

Ah-ha! The (re-located) cabin Jack London lived in in the Klondike! I should visit.

TIndy_46.jpg

Oh well it's all chained and locked up. What a shame. In my youth it seems like I was able to meet ALL the famous people! ;)

TIndy_47.jpg

Well no sense in hanging around here. Just a bunch of logs really...

TIndy_48.jpg

Now this looks more promising!

TIndy_49.jpg

Heinold?s First and Last Chance Saloon. This thing has been here a while for sure! Should I stop and quench my thirst?

Jack London used to hang out here, and who knows, perhaps the ale inspired his "credo":

I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out
in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom
of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

- Spoken like a true adventurer!

TIndy_50.jpg

Finally time to head back out, riding the 'B' shuttle!

TIndy_51.jpg

Junior Jones

NickTurner said:
Ah-ha! The (re-located) cabin Jack London lived in in the Klondike! I should visit.

Oh well it's all chained and locked up. What a shame. In my youth it seems like I was able to meet ALL the famous people! ;)

Actually, Young Indy did meet Jack London in Fantome du Klondike (Phantom of the Klondike) published in French.

Love the pictures. (y)

Stoo

NickTurner said:
Well I don't work on them at the same time, silly!
Just kidding around. Silly is my middle name!:p
NickTurner said:
Hmm looks like a waterside hotel. Nearly lost the suitcase here when Indy fell onto the jetty. Those planks have BIG gaps. Gulp! Must pay more attention to surrounding in the future!
Same here, Nick. I nearly lost the suitcase & umbrella a couple of times in some close calls but Indy's luck was with me. Be CAREFUL folks!:eek:
Montana Smith said:
Plus, the perspective is pretty convincing in those shots. (y)
Indeed, especially the last photo on the shuttle train.(y) I was fooled by the shots of Jack London's cabin because, at first glance, it looked like a miniature diorama built with the old toy, Lincoln Logs!

Lance Quazar

Yes, I meant to mention that in my initial comments.

The forced (phony) perspective shots are masterful. I'm in awe of the depth of field and clarity of those images. Gorgeous!

NickTurner

Stoo said:
Just kidding around. Silly is my middle name!:p

I'll see your silly, and raise you this!

TIndy_60.jpg

Indy checks out the proposed alien design for the next movie!

(aka Indy checks out Nick's 'serious' workspace in the office....hmm...)

NickTurner

Junior Jones said:
Actually, Young Indy did meet Jack London in Fantome du Klondike (Phantom of the Klondike) published in French.

Oh rats! Blown THAT joke. (But does in count en Francais?)

Seriously though (for a second) - I did not know this. Thanks for the info!(y)

NickTurner

And now test shots from my mate going to Manila. I did ask if I could use his name or a handle, but I think what he gave was rather rude, so I'm going to double check before using!!

First shot is Indy crossing Franklin at 17th Street in Oakland. That's Rico's Diner on the corner - never been in there though. We (the office lunch gang) prefer the Hawaiian or Ichiro Sushi place a few doors up. Strangely it appears Indy does not cast a shadow! :eek:

TIndy_m2.jpg

Indy visits my favorite bookstore - Dan Webb! He specializes in military books - Tanks baby! - so you can see my interest. He has wonderful unusual stuff all over though, so a good way to spend some time if you don't have to rush back to the office. We nicknamed him "Devil Dan" 'cos he is always tempting you to buy something in there! Today was a Dragon tank model.:D

"Hey buddy! Ancient religions and artifacts are in THAT section!"

TIndy_m1.jpg