American uniforms, weapons and vehicles?

Kooshmeister

I just realized... where in the wide world did the Soviets get all the American gear and weapons and vehicles they're using at the beginning? I'd love to know the backstory explaining how they got their hands on so much authentic US military stuff.

It wasn't outdated, either, because it successfully fooled four MP's who would've found it strange if "Colonel Truman" and his men were wearing outdated stuff. It therefore had to have been very recent.

Montana Smith

Pretty East German girls in Berlin winking across the border at GIs...

And so begins the process of acquisition of uniforms, equipment and identities!

P Tom

I was planning to make a custom Dovchenko in US army uniform figure and doing some online research on the army badges and found out some information.

015.jpg

The "A" badge on the left shoulders is the insignia of the Fifteenth US Army, which was deactivated in 1946, well before the 1957 setting of KOTCS.
Not that the MPs would be aware that it's outdated anyway.

My guess is that the uniforms were WW2 surpluses that the Soviets picked up.

Col. Dietrich

maxresdefault.jpg

This is a picture of a 1957 U.S. Military uniform. (Ignore elvis for a second)
The patch on the right arm is different in the movie than it is in real life.
True the "15th army" patch is from world war II and this 1957 patch is a from the Spearhead but it still show that these uniforms are not from 1957. If my research is wrong please tell me. I am not the best at U.S. History, German military is my hobby plus I am new to the Raven. Thanks.