Things the Paramount logo could fade into

No Ticket

IndySeven said:
An ancient Mayan Temple sounds good to me!(y)

The opening adventures are never directly related to the adventure later in the story. So whatever it is probably wouldn't be a Mayan Temple. If we knew how the film opened we could take better stabs at it.

I think it would be kind of lame/weird if the opening adventure was at the college. lol. Paramount logo fades into another mountain in a text book or something. (oh I hope not)...

DoomTown

Hey all, How bout some ideas on the next Paramount logo fade in the next Indy film? We have had everything from Gongs to prairie dog mounds in the films..What would YOU like to see? I'll throw a few out there to start with...

A pyramid
The bermuda triangle marked out on a map

;)

Indy's brother

An erupting volcano, the silhouette of a boat, Indy's fedora (crumpled on the ground while Indy is giving someone the pasting of a lifetime), a mountain of books that Dr. Jones is studying behind, the actual paramount logo on a movie screen at a drive-in theater, a bikini-clad girl's knees as she suns herself--reclined on a beach in Bermuda......

ronthereviewer

Please an opening in the snow

I would love for it to fade to a mountain in the Himalayas we see Indy finding a cool relic in the snow also he would have a snow outfit that would look for kids when they buy the next action figure "snow bound Indy"

Montana Smith

It'll be the '60s, so how about a big pile of weed?

But since that won't ever happen, the crouching form of an elder beast like Cthulhu.

But since that probably won't happen either, how about a mountain shaped island viewed from directly above? An island with the outline of the Paramount mountain.

Hanselation

The top of an iceberg ;) : http://adventure-gui.de

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9W_3TZOo2Q&hl=de_DE&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9W_3TZOo2Q&hl=de_DE&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Indy's brother

If Indy Finds his way back to the desert again, how about from this:
paramount-majestic-mountain-logo.jpg

to this:
giza-pyramids-stanfield-468086-sw.jpg

Although I would prefer something less obvious, like the stuff I mentioned before.

Centerfield

Still on the fence whether Indy continues without Harrison Ford (it could surely go on w/out Lucas & Spielberg and maybe that would be better) BUT I know for sure that I don't want an animated series

Not that I'm not a fan of animation, but it is not the medium meant for Indiana Jones

...still leaning towards a continuation of the series with a new Indy actor & definitely a new creative team behind it...

Indy's brother

Centerfield said:
Still on the fence whether Indy continues without Harrison Ford (it could surely go on w/out Lucas & Spielberg and maybe that would be better) BUT I know for sure that I don't want an animated series

Not that I'm not a fan of animation, but it is not the medium meant for Indiana Jones

...still leaning towards a continuation of the series with a new Indy actor & definitely a new creative team behind it...

So, fade from the Paramount logo to.........:confused:

KarmicCurse

Indulge my little concept for a moment:

The Paramount logo fades into...the Paramount logo! Only in black and white. Then cut to 1950s music and title cards, followed by a preposterous 5-10 minute adventure with a hokey Indy inspired hero - all still in black and white.

Pull back to reveal we're looking at a movie screen that Dr. Jones is looking at himself, with disdain.

We learn that he's been the subject of a sensational biography and Hollywood has given it the film treatment.

He turns to someone in the theater (the director?, Mutt?) and says "Here's what really happened..."

And we're in the movie proper, whatever it may be about.

Willie

fade to a scene of somewhere in Egypt where Indy finds a buried chest in the sand and opens it to find... roll music and cut to the beginning title "Indiana Jones and Treasure of the Sphinx"

Yure

I'd love to see it fading to light, like the light coming from the exit of a cavern or a tunnel. Then a familiar silhouette pops in.

Indy's brother

Yure said:
I'd love to see it fading to light, like the light coming from the exit of a cavern or a tunnel. Then a familiar silhouette pops in.

Hey that's pretty good! A cave entrance in the shape of the paramount mountain.....gives it kind of an "American James Bond" feel! ;)

The Paramount logo into a city skyline, skyscrapers, man-made mountains. An urban pre-adventure of some kind would be interesting like digging in the foundations of buildings or subway tunnels or something. Indy not being in some far off place but rather practically searching in his own and most people's figurative backyard. Of course the main part of the film would be the usual awesome globetrotting though.