Hemble's Custom Indy Stuff 01/07/09

hemble

Hi All

sorry for the late replies just got out of hospital after getting an effection after I got my appendix out, all is going well and will have more dio's/figures soon.

indyclone25 wrote
another great dio---- you always do such great work . have fun the next few weeks and we look foward to your next diorama.

Cheers mate and more dios coming soon.

NickTurner wrote
Great use of those artifacts! You really know how to put it all together!

Thanks buddy and your right the artifacts are excellent for this sought of thing.

deckard24 wrote
Awesome work as always Hemble!!

I really like the Egyptian Tomb!

Hey mate glad you like it.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

I wanted another simple dio which showed off the Indy figure in a jungle setting. Once the dio was built and the figure was in the right pose I painted/weathered and dry brushed everything using Vallejo, Games Workshop paints and pastels.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The Indy figure is from Sideshow except the fedora which is from and is the The frontline custom heads older style fedora, This was an ideal as I wanted him to have a tall hat like in raiders.

The boots are from the 12" Hasbro talking Indy, I liked these boots as they have fantastic detail to them. The machette is from a WW2 Australian Light Horse figure and the artifact is from the hasbro 3-3/4" indy figures, I just cut is in half and gave it a weather.

2: Base - The base is a picture frame which I got from the wife after the glass had broke. The column is a poster packing tube I picked up from the post office and covered it in plaster of paris, the dried vines are called dodo vines and the moss I picked up from the florist shop.

The leafy vines and plants on the ground are plastic fish tank plants and the ground is plaster painted and then mulch was used to cover it to give it a more realistic jungle look.

ji1.jpg

ji2.jpg

ji3.jpg

ji4.jpg

ji5.jpg

Ron

Stoo

hemble said:
The machette is from a WW2 Australian Light Horse figure...
There are figures for the Australian Light Horse?!? WOW! The machete must be one of their bayonettes.

Another great one, Ron/hemble! Again, you've got the dusty look down pat (even on the pants). My favourite shot here is the one from behind. Very Indy-esque and right out of the beginning of "Raiders"!:hat:

(I'm not an action figure expert but the head on this is just too damned big. You've done it great justice, otherwise!)

Dr. HenryJones.jr

sudden, speechless, awesome handmade!! It is too much work this manifacture from Dolls etc... I didn't like Doll, *bumps, fear, nightmare*
How cost spend you all?

hemble

HI All

Appreciate the feedback guys thank you.

Stoo - There is a light horse figure which was made by BBI i think and I think the reason the head looks big to is thatI used a taller fedora instead of the SS one.

Ron

Luke Sprywalker

Another masterpiece Ron. Nice set design and execution, love the plants you found for the jungle floor. You mentioned using pastels to weather the clothes, are they the chalk like ones used for drawings? Also you have inspired me to make a set up in your style but with 3 3/4 inch figures. Hope to have more on that soon.

hemble

Hi All

Spry - Cheers buddy always great to hear your thoughts, and the pastels are like chalk I get mine from a craftshop or artist shop. And I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with using the 3-3/4" figures.

Ron

NickTurner

Great base which though simple, has just the right elements to confirm - "jungle"! The machete is a nice touch too. Reminds me of the Emperor's Tomb game. It's telling, isn't it, when we can only be critical of the figure.. (y)

hemble

Hi All

NickTurner - Appreciate the feedback mate thank you and the Emperor's Tomb that gives me some ideas for some custom cheers bro(y)

Ron

hemble

Hi All

This custom was done for a few Halloween comps coming up, I've never done a zombie custom before and was very happy with the way it turned out. And I know alot of you are thinking you wrecked a perfectly good Sideshow Indy and yes you are alll correct LOL.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The whole figure is the Indiana Jones figure from Sideshow toys except the left hand which is from another Sideshow figure, I used an old skeleton figure to replace the three fingers from the left hand, the lower leg and jaw bone. I had to cut and drill out the leg, fingers and facial area to add the bones and then used putty to simulate eaten and rotten flesh.

To get the teeth marks I used an old paint brush and dipped in super glue to harden it a little and then gently pushed it in the drying putty. To simulate blood I used Games Workshops Gore Red first then Dark Flesh and then a two part mix of Red Gore and Chaos Black.

I know alot of people are going to think damn man are you insane you destroyed a perfectly good Indy uniform, and yes I am but it would'nt be a zombie Indy if the clothing was all nice and clean. To simulate the rips and tears I used a very sharp model knife and scissors and then tore the clothing to get a better look. The bone in his right hand is from the same skeleton and has had the same treatment done to it to simulate flesh.

2: Base - The base is from a 7" Disney Indy figure and has had railway static grass and dirt from the garden added to it, once both materials were dried I used Games Workshop paints Dark Green and gave the grass a gentle wash of it and then let it dry. Once dry I used pastels to weather both the grass and dirt a little more, the plants are fishtank plants and teh skull is again from the skeleton.

zj1.jpg

zj2.jpg

zj3.jpg

zj4.jpg

zj5.jpg

zj6.jpg

zj7.jpg

zj8.jpg

Ron

Lance Quazar

Hemble, this is hilarious! Brilliantly executed! Another masterpiece and a version of Indy I thought I'd never see!!!!

Keep up the extraordinary work!!!!

NickTurner

That is unexpected... and seriously creepy! I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight!

Immaculately executed, yet sooooo disturbed...:dead:

hemble

Hey guys thanks for the feedback and glad you have enjoyed it and have a 1/6 DVD holder coming very soon so stay tuned.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

This was a really simple project to do, I wanted to keep my indy DVD's and PS2 on the shelf with the rest of my Indy stuff but wanted to keep them universal like the rest of my 1/6 customs.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The whole figure is the Indiana Jones figure from Sideshow toys and has been painted and weathered using Reaper, and Vallejo paints and weathered using pastels.

2: Base - The base is made from a thick piece of plastic and foam core with a balsa wood frame work. The foam core was cut to size and then the crate was place on top and the I traced around it with a pencil and then cut out the area the crate was. I then glued everything togther and once dry I then scribed lines into the foam core and then a two part mix of plaster and PVA glue was mixed together and brushed on using a wide brush.

Once the plaster dried the base was painted using Vallejo paints and weathered using pastels. The crate was made by finding a good size cardboard box and then balsa wood was used to cover the box, once everything was done the box was painted and drybrushed using vallejo paints and weathered using pastels. the stenciling was printed off then I cut out the black printed areas and then attached to the crate and spray black paint was used to get the stencilling on the crate.

Ron

dv1.jpg

dv2.jpg

dv3.jpg

dv4.jpg

dv5.jpg

dv6.jpg

dv7.jpg