Indy vs. Mutt

indyjones2131

So it's pretty much a fact that if Indy 5 gets made, then Mutt will be present...

I think a really good way of handling this would be for Indy to race against Mutt to get the Macguffin. Perhaps Mutt has leaned more toward the lifestyle of grave robbing that Indy came so very close to. Perhaps he was MORE tempted by the fortune and glory than Indy even was. Perhaps Mutt has gotten involved with a shady group of characters that would serve as the real baddies of the film.

This would establish a nice wisdom vs. youth angle that would obviously be peacefully resolved in time for them to team up against the real baddies.

I'd start the film with Indy adjusting to domesticated life when he gets words of Mutt's situation. But I don't want to see Indy out to rescue Mutt exactly (as he did with Henry Sr in LC and Marion in KOTCS) but to get to the item before Mutt gets it and hands it over to his employer.

What are your thoughts?

James

This is a little too similar to the fan script, Indiana Jones and the Sons of Darkness.

indyjones2131

Hah. Well, I don't WANT the little bastard in the movie myself, but you can bet he WILL be there.

At least this way, we can focus more on Indy doing the heroics than Mutt.

Nurhachi1991

I like Mutt but only the Greaser Mutt.

But if there was an Indy 5 I just want Indy to go solo with the aid of Sallah of course.

Indy_Forever

If this does happen, if harrison is not up to the job i guess mutt will take indys position and indy wil become like sean connery was. And all that, cant wait till the 5th one though :whip: