General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Texas

I'm dying to hear some Indy 5 news. Its been a while since we've heard anything to get our hopes up. The last thing we heard of substance was Shia LaBeof stating Spielberg and Lucas had "cracked" a story back in the summer. What is taking Lucas and company so long to at least announce the search for a script if they infact got at least the story and MacGuffin in mind?
How much longer are we gonna have to wait to hear some news regarding Indy 5's progress? We better get something quick because Harrison ain't getting younger anytime soon.
Is there any kind of a deadline in ya'lls mind to whether Indy 5 gets made? If we don't hear any news within the next 6 months to a year, do you think Indy 5 will get nixed by the end of that timeframe?

Dr. Gonzo

I don't believe it is going to happen. Ford is aging, lucas is barely tinkering and Spielberg has a full plate all ready. And on top of all that, as far as we know, no one has been hired to write anything... and these things take time to write fellas, it's not a walk in the park.

The main thing is... Ford is aging. Spielberg and Lucas don't have to be on screen. Ford not only needs to be on screen but he has to be "kick ass action man". Unless we hear some news within the next year, and a year is stretching it, I think Jones has greased his last whip.

Stoo

Uki said:
I'm holding out hope that Indy 5 will in fact happen, despite what janitorial staff say. I loved KOTCS, but I think the series deserves an even better cap. Of course, if they decide to make 2 more films, even better!:D
Personally, I don't really give a tinker's cuss whether #5 is made or not. After 15 years of waiting (1993-2008) to see Harrison don the hat again, I was happy to see him back on-screen, regardless of how good/bad the new movie was. Anticipating Indy V is not on my agenda.:p If it happens...it happens.

JP Jones

Texas said:
I'm dying to hear some Indy 5 news. Its been a while since we've heard anything to get our hopes up. The last thing we heard of substance was Shia LaBeof stating Spielberg and Lucas had "cracked" a story back in the summer. What is taking Lucas and company so long to at least announce the search for a script if they infact got at least the story and MacGuffin in mind?
How much longer are we gonna have to wait to hear some news regarding Indy 5's progress? We better get something quick because Harrison ain't getting younger anytime soon.
Is there any kind of a deadline in ya'lls mind to whether Indy 5 gets made? If we don't hear any news within the next 6 months to a year, do you think Indy 5 will get nixed by the end of that timeframe?
If you look back on this thread there's an article where Harrison Ford said they (George, Steven, and him) have decided what "The film will concern" so that gives me hope that a script is in the near future. I'm hoping the job goes to David Koepp.

Klage

Imho, no news is good news. I bet Lucas is paying even more attention to the secrecy than he did with the number four. My speculation is that if everything goes as planned, the first teaser of #5 comes out of the blue sky just when people are starting to forgot to wait any news.

And what comes to the movie release itself, Lucas has to consider the effects of the Pirates of the Caribbean 4. So, rather than trying to foolishly compete with the PoC 4, the Indy 5 probably tries to benefit the adventure hype raised by captain Sparrow & co. There's no better timing for this than the summer of 2012.

Lambonius

I say spring of 2013 would be better. That way, if the world doesn't come to an end, we all get treated to a new Indy film. ;)

DocWhiskey

Nah, if I'm goin' out in 2012, I want to go out with a new Indy movie.

The tagline practically writes itself.

Indiana Jones 5
"This Summer, prepare for his last adventure...and yours."

Darth Vile

DocWhiskey said:

Indiana Jones 5

LOL...... :D

EddyW

Yeah, I really hope they come with some news soon. I miss the anticipation I had for Crystal Skull and looking back on the year before the release, it actually was a really special time for me. I'm afraid I won't ever feel the same anticipation for a new (non Indy) film the same I did for Skull.

Hanselation

Top Men! (?)

For me thinking about the truth that another Indiana Jones movie will appear, is like believing this quotation of an agent at the end of Raiders:

"Oh, it will be, Dr. Jones, I assure you. We have top men working on it right now." :confused: :dead:

Lao_Che

DocWhiskey said:

Indiana Jones 5

Indiana Jones and the Rapture Clause?

James

Just to put the timeline into perspective, I believe Nathanson was announced around February 2005 and Koepp around March 2006.

In between, there was very little in the way of news or rumors. (So little, in fact, that when Frank Marshall announced- in January 2006- that Indy 4 would enter production after Bourne 3, few took him seriously.)

lao che & sons

I bet we get an anouncement at next toy-fair or comic con. Just try not to pull any "New hasbro toht action figure with ark ghost" bull:rolleyes:

But we really do need to hear some news we're in a bit of a dry spell. they have to keep Indy in the public's eye to keep this thing going;)

DocWhiskey

lao che & sons said:
I bet we get an anouncement at next toy-fair or comic con. Just try not to pull any "New hasbro toht action figure with ark ghost" bull:rolleyes:

Yeesh. Don't remind me of that infantile debacle, lao!

But we need some concrete news soon. Because this "Connery back for Indy 5" doesn't seem legit. It would be great if Steven, George, or even Ford slipped in a quote just telling us they're still workin' on it. I'd be happy.