any other fighting/shooting games for the PC

bored

I recently played Indiana Jones: Emperor's Tomb for the PC. The game is a bit weak because of the annoying and frustating checkpoint-style save system etc but the thing I liked about this game is the combat, While the combat isn't terribly deep, it can still be incredibly satisfying. Indy's punches, kicks, and grabs are exaggerated like in an action movie, giving you the impression that he's really beating the hell out of his foes. He's got a good variety of dirty moves in his arsenal, and a combo system lets you string attacks together.You also had many guns such as pistols, shotguns, sub machine gun etc I loved the choice in whether to kick the crap out of a bad guy or just shoot him
Basically I am asking are there other games for the PC that combine a hand to hand combat system and shoot em up game

I

Indy_Jones88

Yea

yea i loved emperors tomb. There r probably many games like it but the 1 that comes to mind first is probably james bond everything or nothing

Katarn07

Unfortuantely for PC gamers, EoN is a console only game.

However, if you're into the cool fighting I'd suggest True Crime: Streets of LA. I think it's out on PC now. The fighting is the best part; kinda sorta similar to ET (in some ways better because it's martial arts :D) but the camera is alot different. Also, the shooting is WAY better than ET (almost like EoN).

Oh, I don't know how old you are but it's rated M and has all sorts of bad language. Just a tip because it's kinda embarrasing having your little neighbors walk in to hear "Stay the f*ck down!" Also, the music sucks but then again I hate rap ;)

I

Indy_Jones88

lol rap crap lol

Yea i forgot eon was only console that sux. srry

Redwall

While I don't think there are many games really similar to ET, I would reccomend the Grand Theft Auto games if you don't already have them... you can beat the crap out of people, bash them with a baseball bat, grab guns and shoot them, steal a car and run them over... all things I bet you'd enjoy.

Katarn07

Redwall said:
While I don't think there are many games really similar to ET, I would reccomend the Grand Theft Auto games if you don't already have them... you can beat the crap out of people, bash them with a baseball bat, grab guns and shoot them, steal a car and run them over... all things I bet you'd enjoy.

True Crime's fighting and shooting is much better but I heard GTA's got the driving portions down alot better. I would hope so! I always have trouble not hitting civilians on the street so my Bad Cop rating goes up :p

bored

I'm tempted to buy true crime but I wish there was a demo for it and I have heard bad stuff about it for example problems with camera angles, too many/bad controls and I heard the game goes all supernatural near the end (Something about zombies and dragons)

gavinpape

I recommend Mafia... a brilliant game... and you're not likely to finish it in a day either.. I've had it about a month and i'm still going. :D
Just a few tricky levels in it..
Although the Take A Ride game is a bit poor.. there's no poilce to be seen so you can run around shooting peole and stealing cars... and not a cop in sight.. which doesn't make it as interesting. But the actual missions themelves are brilliant.

bored

I brought Mafia off ebay and I thought it was okay because:

Pros
Excellent shoot outs
Great Graphics
Brilliant cutscenes
Excellent music
Very atmospheric
Very good length

Cons
I don't know if it was just me or my version of the game but I found it extremely hard in places

Team mates were thick and half the time they caused the failure of the mission

Not enough save points

The driving sections were pointless and boring when you had to drive very slowy from A to B

It strangely lagged in some places where all I was doing was driving

gavinpape

I have the XBox version, but yeah I agree with all your Cons... the driving bits do seem a bit boring at times.. i don't mind sticking to the speed limit and all the other rules.. but i wish the rest of the traffic would aswell.. they all drive too slow..

Marcus Petrius

There is, in my opinion, only one con to mafia:
All the guys' hats have bows on two sides. It's annoying to see a little mistake like that.

Mike

gavinpape

Don't ya think all this moving threads to different sections and all this is all going a bit too far.. I think you're being a bit too serious with all this pal, after all it's only a message board. I couldn't give a **** if every post was in a big huge list in 1 section, ya still get to read 'em, and haven't you got more important things to worry about than a bloody message board...??

VP

Moderator Emeritus
gavinpape said:
haven't you got more important things to worry about than a bloody message board...??

No, I don't have a life.

Mafia takes place in the early 30's, and the cars aren't Ferraris. They are supposed to be slow.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
bored said:
bit late isn't it?
How comes the James Bond : Everything or Nothing thread wasn't move to off topic
Never too late....not to mention, I didn't notice the JB thread...it'll be moved too.

gavinpape
Don't ya think all this moving threads to different sections and all this is all going a bit too far.. I think you're being a bit too serious with all this pal, after all it's only a message board. I couldn't give a **** if every post was in a big huge list in 1 section, ya still get to read 'em, and haven't you got more important things to worry about than a bloody message board...??
If you have a problem with a decision made by one of the moderating staff please PM that moderator or another mod about the issue. Also please keep your language "family friendly". Thank you.

Kate

Besides, if all it is to him is a "bloody message board," then why is he even on it in the 1st place?

Finn

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
What's wrong with going out with a few printed targets of Osama and blowing the hell out of them?
Because in <i>some</i> parts of the world, that would result you ending up on the authorities' black list as a "dangerous national zealot".

We're not all in the US... you're fading again, my friend.