Theator

Strider

Theater

Is anyone here involved with Theater? I just got back from a rehersal of a play that will soon be my third professional one.

I think I may have spelled "theater" wrong. Did I?

Last edited:

Kate

I love the theater and everything that goes with it! I used to be the assistant director of a children's drama group and now I'm the drama instructor at a summer camp. The kids are so cute have have so much imagination and energy. I've acted in plenty of plays and musicals- I've been everything from a Shakespearian girl in "Much Ado About Nothing" to an elf in "Babes in Toyland." what play are you in?

Strider

It's a children's play called the 3 Sillys. It's based on an old folktale I think. The director and playwrite I'm working with is great. The adults are gonna like the play as much as the migets (kids) will , there's alot of suffistacated humor that will go over the kid's heads if you know what I mean. There is also a lot of political satire.

Finn

Staff member
Political satire?

<small>Lemme guess, it's about three silly (emotional) midgets named George, Tony and Donald who decide to collect their courage, gather a group of friends (about half million jolly fellows) and go in complete friendship and good will to tell a big bad man called S[----]m the differences between right wrong... and the suffistacated humor that will go over the kid's heads has something to do with genital procreativity and to that we get when the guys realize that they truly have f***ed up...

Okay, I better stop now. I will soon have Ren all over me, I sense.</small>

no changes made here

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider

Well I will tell you one thing... There is a mayor who likes pretzels who is suspicously like... I'll stop there.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Re: Political satire?

Finn said:
<small>Lemme guess, it's about three silly (emotional) midgets named George, Tony and Donald who decide to collect their courage, gather a group of friends (about half million jolly fellows) and go in complete friendship and good will to tell a big bad man called S[----]m the differences between right wrong... and the suffistacated humor that will go over the kid's heads has something to do with genital procreativity and to that we get when the guys realize that they truly have f***ed up...

Okay, I better stop now. I will soon have Ren all over me, I sense.</small>

Shakespeare said it best: "All the world's a stage, and we are but merely players...."

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I've done some theatre. My most recent role was Mordcha, the innkeeper, in Fiddler on the Roof (he's the one who gives a speech at the wedding), but I think my best work was as the Mayor in Inherit the Wind. That was a great part, in a great play.

Who I'd really like to play though is John Dickinson in 1776.

Pale Horse

Staff member
My girlfriend and I had tickets to 1776 and had an emergancy before we could go see it. I was very upset that we had to miss it. How deep does it go into the signing of the Declaration of Independence?

Is my grandfather a role player?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
My girlfriend and I had tickets to 1776 and had an emergancy before we could go see it. I was very upset that we had to miss it. How deep does it go into the signing of the Declaration of Independence?

Is my grandfather a role player?

The finale is the (apocryphal) signing of the Declaration on the 4th of July. And no, I'm afraid your grandfather is not in it.

It's a rather bizarre musical...some 26 men, most of whom are delegates to the Congress, and 2 women (Mrs. Adams and Mrs. Jefferson). It's extraordinary though, and probably the best book of a musical I have ever seen - very fair to both sides of the debate.

I

Indy's_main_man

We should team up to write "Indiana Jones: the musical"

Complete with nazi soldiers doing balet, a line of dancing fedoras, and maybe even some explosions.

Luckylighter

Indy's_main_man said:
Complete with nazi soldiers doing balet, a line of dancing fedoras, and maybe even some explosions.

It's been done already. It was called "The Producers"; the "Springtime for Hitler" dance number.