We need a Moderator Day!

Indyologist

Hey, we have Father's Day (gotta get that electric knife @ Target), Grandparent's Day, Groundhog Day, Flag Day-- why not have a Moderator's Day here at the Raven?

I imagine that our Mods have a pretty involved job, what with browsing the threads, making salient comments and the occaisional hand slap ala Catholic nuns with a ruler! They keep this forum clean 'n' lean, keep subjects from running amuck and keep weirdos out (well, most of us anyway). They are the Raven's BOUNCERS, PEOPLE! And like Mohan who wields his mighty, mighty axe handle and is at Marion Ravenwood's beck and call to use it, they should be respected. And thanked. And tipped. Well, at least thanked.

I'd like to declare Monday, June 28th MODERATORS DAY. On that day I'll make a Official Moderators' Day thread here which everyone can post on to thank our Mods. And as a "gift," it would be nice if people who are so moved to donate $10 (or any amount) to theRaider.net.

What do you all think of this idea?

I

Indy's_main_man

I love it! lookin forward to that....kinda like I celebrate Ford's b-day

Indyologist

And don't forget...

The moderators AND theRaider.net's creators worked PRETTY DARN HARD to upgrade the Raven and make it the stunning place it now is...

Now if only someone would get the sawdust off the floor... nah, it adds to the ambiance.

Finn

Staff member
Now, I find this a great idea, but will agree on it in only under certain circumstances:

<i>There will be an "Ex-Moderator Day" (or "Moderator Memorial Day") too.</i>

Continue. :p

I

Indy's_main_man

or maybe a "bring a mod to work" day where we take them around our jobs..............then again maybe not.

Indyologist

Indy's_main_man said:
or maybe a "bring a mod to work" day where we take them around our jobs..............then again maybe not.

Good idea-- if you don't mind them "editing" your work pals by telling them to go somewhere else should they suddenly change a topic of conversation.

"Please stay on topic-- to go another water cooler to discuss X."

I

Indy's_main_man

Can't have someone walk into an office building with a webley, david morgan whip and a fedora

Indyologist

Indy's_main_man said:
Can't have someone walk into an office building with a webley, david morgan whip and a fedora

Why the hell not? We'll just tell building officials that they're professional consultants here to meet with the CEO about
avant-guarde methods in employee, um, motivation. ;)

Indyologist

Oops, getting off topic, sorry (grins sheepishly). So what do you other fine people think about having a "Mod Day" 6/28?

Yolegoman

Indyologist said:
Oops, getting off topic, sorry (grins sheepishly). So what do you other fine people think about having a "Mod Day" 6/28?

One day before my birthday... that would be a Monday. I like it!

Tennessee R

That sounds like a good idea, Indyologist.

What'll we dress? Formal? (i.e. White Tuxedo)
By the way, what kind of cakes do all you mods want Indyologist to make? And the most important, do you want your slices air-mailed, or 2-3 day priority? :D

Finn

Staff member
But now, who will be keeping up the memory of ex-Mods around here?

You know, the ones of the rough days who worked on lousy hours, agreed on everything the admin-man said, tried to keep order even on boards that were not under the assigned duties by simply sheer good will and then got nothing in return... my heart cries blood for these brave pioneers who paid a big price for their efforts.

<small>That made me feel a lot better. Now continue.</small>

I

Indy's_main_man

No cheese cake...don't have a taste for it...then again I don't need to because i'm not a mod. Indyologist could u bake me some chocolate cake anyway?

I

Indy's_main_man

On Ex mod day we can remember them by recalling old threads, then at an appointed time we'd give a 21 bb gun salute and all of us would slip in raiders at the same time so our movies are synchronized

Finn

Staff member
Ahem, now I dare to correct you, my French friend, I think the right term here is "bootlicker"...

I

Indy's_main_man

It's because of the sudden responsibility and position of power.

tell me you wouldn't push some people around if you were a mod? For example if we start talking about something completely off topic you wouldn't come in and say "sorry guys, but if you don't shape up...I'm gonna have to write you up"

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
What about those who visited there, but managed to turn back to the light?

An accomplishment indeed. Now I feel sorry for Pale Horse, VP and Monkey. God knows how the'll return. ;)