Quantum Leap

Canyon

Who else is also a huge fan of this series?

I have always been a fan of this series. and recently, Series 1 was released on DVD.

My favourite episodes include when Sam leaps into the body of an egyptologist and when he leaps into the body of a mother or a teenage and that episode is set in June 1981, so guess which film gets mentioned.

Thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Strider

Season ones out?! Excellent! I whached reruns of that series on sci-fi until they stopped showing it. What a great series, I cant wait to see it again.

I

Indy's_main_man

I was at walmart to pick up some groceries and I ended up in the electronics section. I saw there there, but moved for a different film instead...maybe some other time.

Finn

Staff member
Heh, I was a fan of this series too. Even though the last time we saw it in telly around here was when I was barely past my 10th birthday... I still liked to watch this. There was something oddly fascinating in it. "Oh boy", well said. Now I better get that box from somewhere, just to check how much I've changed in about a decade.

Lon

I am a major fan of that show. I bought the Season 1 DVD the day it came out. I thought it was a bit overpriced for such a small amount of episodes. I'm sure an entire full season will run close to $100. Ugh. I normally buy my DVDs at a small mom-and-pop DVD store because it's two minutes from where I live and never crowded. When Quantum Leap came out they were asking $47 for the DVD set but Circuit City had it for $35. I called the mom-and-pop store and asked if they'd price match but they said no. If it had only been a $1 or $2 difference then I wouldn't have bothered. But $12? That's a bargain.

Canyon, what season did the episodes you speak of air? I remember the episodes but not the seasons? They aren't on the Season 1 DVD.

Ivo

I absolutely loved this show as well. I just picked up the first season on DVD and am loving it!

Lon

The set is pretty skimpy in extra features. There is a 20-minute Q&A with Scott Bakula, Dean Stockwell and Donald Bellisario and Bakula introduces each episode with a little tidbit or trivia but that's it.