Which film did you see first?

Which Indiana Jones movie did you se first?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Temple of Doom

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters

martinland

arkfinder said:
Couldn't agree more! "Temple" is my favorite Indy film.
Funny, I too saw Temple first and was breathless with excitement by the end.

Makes you wonder why the poll doesn't read the other way around... ;)

Raiders had a hard time beating my initial excitement for Temple, when I finally watched it...

Arguably it's a better film, the 'orginal' and stands alone. But still, I can't decide which I like more. Crusade I watched so many times in the theatres that I'm not sure how I should feel about it, other than "I'm entertained so muchly!"... :whip:

Crack that whip

I saw all four movies in theaters, in release order, at (essentially) the times they came out. When the first two came out, I was an AF brat overseas in Germany where my dad was stationed, so I saw them at the base theater, which didn't get them until a number of months after their stateside release dates, but I did see both Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in what were essentially later stages of their original theatrical releases.

I saw both the third and fourth movies (more than once!) on their opening days in the US, and then a number of times again over the subsequent weeks and months before they headed off to video. I also watched The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles regularly during its original run on ABC, and later caught the Family Channel's airings of the first few "movies," though I wasn't able to finally see "all" of the series (in one form or another) until the DVD release of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.

Mickiana

I saw 'Raiders' on the big screen when I was thirteen. I went into the city (big adventure!) to see it at the Regent with one of my school buddies, Bruce. I was blown away by it. I have forever searched to have that experience again, but I think because Raiders was so effective that I will not have it again, at least not from a movie. My mate, Bruce, who was into medieval stuff, was pissed at not having seen Dragon Slayer instead and I can still remember him saying, "Baby Raiders of the Lost Ark" while I gushed about it to other people. I later learned he had seen John Boorman's 'Excalibur' and I think it affected him in the way 'Raiders' had done to me. Of course, I also came to love 'Excalibur' a long while later in a complete and different way from 'Raiders'.

Stoo

RAIDERS on opening weekend (with one of my best friends).(y)

Viloet Indy said:
The first film I saw in cinema was Snow White at age 4.
Ha ha. Exactly the same here!:D

Mickiana said:
I saw 'Raiders' on the big screen when I was thirteen.

My mate, Bruce, who was into medieval stuff, was pissed at not having seen Dragon Slayer instead and I can still remember him saying, "Baby Raiders of the Lost Ark" while I gushed about it to other people. I later learned he had seen John Boorman's 'Excalibur' and I think it affected him in the way 'Raiders' had done to me. Of course, I also came to love 'Excalibur' a long while later in a complete and different way from 'Raiders'.
Funny that you bring up "Dragonslayer" and "Excalibur". I was 14 and saw "Excalibur" more times than "Raiders" in 1981.
4 > 3 (My friend and I stayed in the theatre for 2 straight runs of "Excalibur" otherwise it would have been a tie game.)
The 1982 re-release of "Raiders" fixed that and allowed 2 more viewings which brought the score to 5, for ROTLA.:whip:

TrinitysGhost

When Raiders came out I was still a wee child, and saw it with my parents. I remember mom covering my eyes at the final scene. I've seen it a few times since then in theaters, and more times than I can count at home.

I also saw ToD and LC in the theatres. Surprisingly I didn't get the dvd's for any of them until last year. I'd had them on VHS, and watched them when they'd show up on cable.

Nurhachi1991

I saw Raiders on VHS my dad picked it up at Savon I was 5 years old when I saw it so it scared the hell out of me and I loved it at the same time.

Benraianajones

Violet Indy said:
I could have seen LC in cinema if it hadn't been for my nosey grandmother (I was nearly a year old!). The first film I saw in cinema was Snow White at age 4. The second was Jurassic Park and that was at the drive-in! (y)

I was about 2 or 3 when Last Crusade came out. Feels strange I could have seen that movie in cinema on a big screen, and I have been around to see at least 2 movies on the big screen. Sadly, didn't see TLC, nor would I have grasped it at 2 or 3.

I think TOD was the first I saw, or ROTLA on TV.

The_Raiders

I saw ROTLA first like most people, but whenever I watch the movies, I always try to watch them in chronological order, but ti's hard since ROTLA was my first impression of Indy.

IndyJr.

I've grown up with a VHS copy of Raiders around, watching it every so often... one time when I was like 7, along with my family; I thought it was cool, but for me, it was just another film. Then when I got to be around 12 I did some research and discovered the other two. I finally rented a VHS of Crusade and watched it around my age of 13 or so. Then I saw Temple when I was like 15. I'm now 17.

Sparrow

Temple of Doom for me. My dad taped it off of TV and I came across it by accident while digging through our video cabinet. I stuck it in the VCR one day after school and I was hooked since.

IndyAndMarion

I saw ROTLA first. It's my favourite Indy movie. I really love them all, including KOTCS,(my fave moments are the wedding and the "They weren't you honey sequence!)

Miss bubbles

i saw raiders on tv earlier this year and then temple a week later (they were showing them because kingdom was coming to cinemas soon afterwards) but unfortunately i was at Billy elliot the night they showed crusade so i diddnt see that till after i had seen kingdom and bought the trilogy box set.
ps i fell in love immediately:D