New Acquisitions!!

ROB98374

Got the 2005 10th Anniversary Indiana Jones Adventure Attraction Building Resin Sculpture Limited Edition of 300

2010-12-25_00-11-52_885.jpg

2010-12-25_00-14-21_369.jpg

inky_skin

Today, from my wonderful wife who indulges my Indy collecting more than she should, a "Lao Che Air Freight" t-shirt from LastExitToNowhere.com

productimage-picture-lao-che-air-freight-slim-fit-888.jpg

(and no, that's not me in the pic)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
inky_skin said:
Today, from my wonderful wife who indulges my Indy collecting more than she should, a "Lao Che Air Freight" t-shirt from LastExitToNowhere.com

productimage-picture-lao-che-air-freight-slim-fit-888.jpg

(and no, that's not me in the pic)

Good. Be a shame to think you were headless...

Really, though, great gift: I love that shirt.

And Rob, that's quite a piece. Glad somebody here has it.

Dig Site 1138

Only one piece of actual Indy Merchandise, still an Indy-riffic Christmas! My lovely wife, Amy bought me the vinyl coin bank shaped like the fertility idol from ROTLA. She also bought me "The Amateur Archaeologist's Handbook" (a vintage copy from 1965-it's out of print). On top of that, for my birthday (in early December) she bought me the "Tales of the Gold Monkey" box set and a subscription to Archaeology magazine.

Even more marginally, I got DVD's of "Where Eagles Dare", "Casablanca" and "Gunga Din" !

:whip:

Oh! and my mom bought me some new khakis. ;)

Saber79

Didn't get a bunch of Indy stuff this year, but got the ornament, (which is probably my favorite of the three so far) from my parents. I also got 2 books, "The Lost City of Z" and "Ancient Cities and Myths of the Southwest" from my wife to add to my bookshelf.

Got a couple of visa giftcards as stocking stuffers, so I'll be perusing the various Indy collectible outlets in the next few days...

Montana Smith

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Bilbo says Happy New Year too, but he doesn't know why he's saying it in New Acquisitions!

:hat:

San Holo

Saber79 said:
I also got 2 books, "The Lost City of Z" and "Ancient Cities and Myths of the Southwest" from my wife to add to my bookshelf.

Good books, I liked Z alot, and would love to see a film version..Brad Pitt was rumored to play Fawcett at one time(y)

Montana Smith

Since we're taling New Year, and it is a New Year, I have a resolution.

Having acquired all but one of the Indy Lego sets last year (I'm not interested in acquiring the KOTCS Akator set), I've resolved to return to the world of realistic collectables rather than stylistic ones: this year I intend to acquire the 1/6 Hot Toys ROTLA Indy, and anything else they may make for Indy in that scale.

Saber79

San Holo said:
Good books, I liked Z alot, and would love to see a film version..Brad Pitt was rumored to play Fawcett at one time(y)

hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. I'm about halfway through Z now, and two thoughts keep running through my head. 1) is why this isn't a movie yet, I'll never know and 2) is the scene in The Seven Veils where Indy meets Fawcett in Z...pretty cool stuff.

Stoo

2 other new Indy-related acquistions (gifts) from my mother:

-"Military Illutrated" magazine with a GREAT article on the Australian Light Horse's charge at Beersheba!:gun:
-a CD of various Sci-fi Classics music which includes a lot of John Williams stuff and a theme by Young Indy composer, Laurence Rosenthal. (I didn't know that he did the theme for "Meteor").
Saber79 said:
hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. I'm about halfway through Z now, and two thoughts keep running through my head. 1) is why this isn't a movie yet, I'll never know and 2) is the scene in The Seven Veils where Indy meets Fawcett in Z...pretty cool stuff.
...and 3) an unproduced episode of Young Indy where he & Young Belloq join Fawcett on the quest for the lost city! There is supposed to be a film in the works. Check out this thread, Saber: Lost City of Z

@DigSite1138: Nice haul! We have a thread about Tales of the Gold Monkey. Please feel free to add to it when you have the chance to watch the series again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!:D

Nurhachi1991

Stoo said:
2 other new Indy-related acquistions (gifts) from my mother:

-"Military Illutrated" magazine with a GREAT article on the Australian Light Horse's charge at Beersheba!:gun:
-a CD of various Sci-fi Classics music which includes a lot of John Williams stuff and a theme by Young Indy composer, Laurence Rosenthal. (I didn't know that he did the theme for "Meteor").
...and 3) an unproduced episode of Young Indy where he & Young Belloq join Fawcett on the quest for the lost city! There is supposed to be a film in the works. Check out this thread, Saber: Lost City of Z

@DigSite1138: Nice haul! We have a thread about Tales of the Gold Monkey. Please feel free to add to it when you have the chance to watch the series again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!:D

Is it a real episode?

Rhys135

Thanks to a misprice at Play.com, I have the Mola Ram PFF in my collection :D Sadly I have no room to display it at the moment, so it'll be going into storage for a little while.

165648_484807546431_511466431_6596366_7282439_n.jpg

165648_484807541431_511466431_6596365_2423599_n.jpg

How much did I pay? Well I think I got the bargain of the century as I only paid £19.99!! They must of missed a digit there :gun: