Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Lego Indy

It's a great game! I love the huge individual movie hubs. I think the first one was more difficult, but both are a pleasure to play. (y)

Dr.Jonesy

Lego Indy said:
It's a great game! I love the huge individual movie hubs. I think the first one was more difficult, but both are a pleasure to play. (y)

Now I think you're just flattering yourself! :p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I happened upon this while doing some research on another thread, an account from a fellow who did texture work on this game.

David Llewelyn said:
One of my favourite projects to-date, the Temple of Akator was a darkly atmospheric side-scroller created for the #1 title, Lego Indiana Jones II. Furnished with numerous traps and set-pieces, the brief for the level allowed great scope for me to indulge my passion for ZBrush in creating a richly textured, sculptural environment.

Almost every surface in the level has been worked in ZBrush, with the assets then baked down to game-ready topologies prior to a final assembly. Using this modular construction methodology, I was actually able to finish the level from prototype to final light-map in just a few short weeks.

Timescale: Having sole ownership from the outset, the level took 5 weeks including the creation of a number of high-quality, reusable assets.

Credits: Modelling, ZBrush, texturing, lighting and final implementation/bug-fix.

Here's a couple of the pictures he includes, but be sure to check out the link for larger versions of the same.

LegoIndy2_TempleInterior_01_Small.jpg

LegoIndy2_TempleInterior_02_Small.jpg

LegoIndy2_TempleInterior_03_Small.jpg

There's a couple other pieces in his portfolio from the game, including one in particular that's rather impressive, but I'll leave those to you for the moment...