TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Citizen_Kane
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 47
Crystal Skull may be the first film in a new Indy trilogy (Vanity Fair speculates)

check out this update on the Vanity Fair site!

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...y_update200802
Citizen_Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
commontone
IndyFan
 
commontone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 556
Hmm, doesn't mean a whole lot to me. He's just regurgitating all the rumors we've been discussing here for the last several months, as if it's breaking news.
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Indy's Sidekick
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17
Doesn't make sense

Perhaps LaBeouff could do it, but then it just wouldn't be Indy. I don't think this is anything to get wrapped up in.
Indy's Sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
Indy4fan
IndyFan
 
Indy4fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 272
This is terrible. Shia's a good actor, but you can't have Jones without Harrison. I hope Kingdom is the final film.

"Greed is not good." Overexcited fans and money grabbing so-called franchises are destroying the beauty of cinema. Look at what happened to "Saw".
Indy4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
ResidentAlien
Guest
 
ResidentAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy4fan
This is terrible. Shia's a good actor, but you can't have Jones without Harrison. I hope Kingdom is the final film.

"Greed is not good." Overexcited fans and money grabbing so-called franchises are destroying the beauty of cinema. Look at what happened to "Saw".


Ahahaha! Oh man! Thank you, that was hilarious.


Saw was never and will never be a "beauty of cinema." It's a hollow, derivative, poorly plotted, sloppily constructed POS and a disgrace to all fans of "horror," not that I'd even classify it as such. It was Hollywood's answer to Guinea Pig. Just awful.



And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen. I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
loganbush
IndyFan
 
loganbush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Remember, no matter what happens, we'll always have the original trilogy. And I for one cant wait to see Indy kicking butt again even if it's a little sci fi.
loganbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #7
Indy4fan
IndyFan
 
Indy4fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
Ahahaha! Oh man! Thank you, that was hilarious.


Saw was never and will never be a "beauty of cinema." It's a hollow, derivative, poorly plotted, sloppily constructed POS and a disgrace to all fans of "horror," not that I'd even classify it as such. It was Hollywood's answer to Guinea Pig. Just awful.



And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen. I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...
I never wrote that. I'm using Saw as an example of how a film can be exploited into a so-called franchise.
Indy4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:52 AM   #8
Chris Jones
IndyFan
 
Chris Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy4fan
This is terrible. Shia's a good actor, but you can't have Jones without Harrison. I hope Kingdom is the final film.

"Greed is not good." Overexcited fans and money grabbing so-called franchises are destroying the beauty of cinema. Look at what happened to "Saw".

I agree, i would not want another movie if Harrison was not in it. It just wouldn't have the same magic, imo at least. I do hope they continue, but with Harrison, if he can keep it up like he is now, it would be great for him to come back for another installment.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #9
Avilos
IndyFan
 
Avilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 604
Of course the thing to keep in mind is this would not be Indiana Jones. It would star Mutt. Its doubtful it would be called Indiana Jones at all. It would be a spin-off. With its own visual style and characters. That is the only way it would work. The problem is who would direct it?

Also Vanity Fair's speculation has a HUGE flaw. They guess that a second trilogy is coming....Wel that would mean that KOTCS is the first film of a new trilogy...But that is an actual Indiana Jones movie.
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #10
peterlally
IndyFan
 
peterlally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 245
Kingdom is the last film 90% sure of that. I leave only a 10% chance of Indy 5 and.

There may well be a spin off but it wont be Mutt Willaims/Jones/Ravenwood and if it is i'm going for TV series or animated series and both options will dive in ratings and be cancelled unless the animated series is Indiana Jones.

Then of course there maybe the Shia Takes over as Jones back in the 1930's again but that I think that is unlikely, if they were going to use Shia to play Indy in 5,6,7 etc they would have not used him at all in this film.
peterlally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #11
Zorg
IndyFan
 
Zorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 483
I don't think they'll continue, but they may have some early ideas hidden in the desk drawer. If KotCS is a big hit and we the audience like LaBeouf's character Mutt, I'd say anything is possible. It depends on the story and the ending of KotCs and the box office.
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #12
1ord3vil
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen. I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...

How many movie franchises have ever been any good by the time they got to the fourth film? Even if there are any examples, it's rather the exception than the rule to say the least. (James Bond, maybe?)

Even I think the Indy franchise has just one really good movie in it. The other two are just mediocre to poor attempts at cashing in on the first success the way I see it.

I don't mind either way that they're making a fourth film. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. However, if we look at motion picture history, the chances that this will be a good movie just aren't very high.
1ord3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #13
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
Ahahaha! Oh man! Thank you, that was hilarious.


Saw was never and will never be a "beauty of cinema." It's a hollow, derivative, poorly plotted, sloppily constructed POS and a disgrace to all fans of "horror," not that I'd even classify it as such. It was Hollywood's answer to Guinea Pig. Just awful.



And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen.
Quote:
I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...

I feel that way myself from time to time. I'm not so concerned with this film ruining the Indy legacy, but future films with a so called son taking over!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlally
Kingdom is the last film 90% sure of that. I leave only a 10% chance of Indy 5 and.

There may well be a spin off but it wont be Mutt Willaims/Jones/Ravenwood and if it is i'm going for TV series or animated series and both options will dive in ratings and be cancelled unless the animated series is Indiana Jones.

Then of course there maybe the Shia Takes over as Jones back in the 1930's again but that I think that is unlikely, if they were going to use Shia to play Indy in 5,6,7 etc they would have not used him at all in this film.

Screw Shia, I want Young Indy to continue again!
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
patrickm2009
IndyFan
 
patrickm2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 95
Ehh Not Shia.

I have never seen Transformers and Disturbia and I still dont like want Shia to be Indy. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Even if there is a spin off. I dont think It would be good. Whips and Guns dont go well in the 60s.
patrickm2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #16
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
I just read the article in full, and maybe I'm being a bit premature, but I will really be upset if Indy hands over his whip at the end of the film to LaBeouf! I know it's way too early to tell how the film will flesh out, but for Christ's sake Lucas and Spielberg, please don't do what was done to the Star Wars films! Don't take a fantastic trilogy and drag it through the mud, all to make another billion dollars each!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #17
Jedinizar
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
I'm whit u @deckard24. except the star wars part . but I really hope they don't hand it over to shia... it's called Indiana Jones and not Mutt Jones or what ever....
Jedinizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
sttngfan1701d
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 63
It's a lot of grasping at straws on the author's part. And personally, I think it's a bad idea. I know we haven't seen the movie, but I have no desire to watch Shia Indy spinoffs.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #19
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ord3vil
How many movie franchises have ever been any good by the time they got to the fourth film? Even if there are any examples, it's rather the exception than the rule to say the least. (James Bond, maybe?)

Even I think the Indy franchise has just one really good movie in it. The other two are just mediocre to poor attempts at cashing in on the first success the way I see it.

I don't mind either way that they're making a fourth film. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. However, if we look at motion picture history, the chances that this will be a good movie just aren't very high.

What about "Live Free or Die Hard"? That was a nose bleed-inducingly-AWESOME flick!!!!!!!
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #20
rowerguy7
IndyFan
 
rowerguy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 69
If this is true (i hope not, but if it is). I bet at the very end of KOTCS, Indy will look at Shia, take off the fedora and put the hat on Shia. Then, Indy and Marion will ride off into the sunset. A perfect way to pass the torch. Kind of like in LC.

"You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it."
rowerguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #21
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowerguy7
If this is true (i hope not, but if it is). I bet at the very end of KOTCS, Indy will look at Shia, take off the fedora and put the hat on Shia. Then, Indy and Marion will ride off into the sunset. A perfect way to pass the torch. Kind of like in LC.

"You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it."
God, I really hope not!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #22
1ord3vil
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowerguy7
If this is true (i hope not, but if it is). I bet at the very end of KOTCS, Indy will look at Shia, take off the fedora and put the hat on Shia. Then, Indy and Marion will ride off into the sunset. A perfect way to pass the torch. Kind of like in LC.
Yes, all of this, in addition to an Indy and Marion marriage, along with a moose on a hill in the background, all in the sunset of course. Then, everyone exchanges "I love you"s to the loud blare of a love theme before we get a heart-shaped iris out to the credits.
1ord3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #23
Professor Jones
IndyFan
 
Professor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 507
Please guys, don't make me even think to the idea of a new saga with Shia as main character. I'm already so worried!
Professor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #24
1ord3vil
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
What about "Live Free or Die Hard"? That was a nose bleed-inducingly-AWESOME flick!!!!!!!
Yup, it's right up there with Howard the Duck.

Seriously, I think they should make another 6 Indy flicks. Even if Ford ends up like a Stephen Hawking-like vegetable in a wheelchair, mummified and bored, there are workarounds for details like that. If he passes away, they can probably just replace him with an animatronic latex puppet anyway and just compose his lines from words spoken in his older movies.
1ord3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #25
trippweeder
IndyFan
 
trippweeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wexford, Ireland
Posts: 168
As long as Indy 4 is primarily about Indy and Harrison Ford, I'll be happy. If they want to flog a dead horse with a new trilogy, that's their mistake, but if this movie - as I fear - gives Shia too much prominence, then they'll have jipped an entire generation.
trippweeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.