Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #51
Shortie
IndyFan

When is this coming out?
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #52
Crack that whip
IndyFan

The Indy one? Next month, with the release of the new movie.

The Star Wars one came out last year, for the 30th anniversary.
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #53
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I haven't even seen the SW one down here. I wonder if the Indy one will turn up down here.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #54
Bowie Fett
IndyFan

Thumbs up

I'm looking forward to this book. I was hoping for a hardback version but I'm sure the book will be made of quality material. Has anyone received the book?

Bowie Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #55
DraculaDillenge
IndyFan

Found it today, "used".

Found it today in Toronto on Yonge St, "used" for $19.00. ABC Books had 5 sterling copies of it, along with 5 copies of the hardcover KOTCS novelization sitting on their film shelf.
Fairly exciting. Classy book, too.
DraculaDillenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #56
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie Fett
I'm looking forward to this book. I was hoping for a hardback version but I'm sure the book will be made of quality material. Has anyone received the book?

In the comments section, someone mentioned Amazon UK having the hardcover edition, but it's like $37 shipped. I think I'll contact Amazon or the publisher and see if the US site will offer the hardcover edition.

EDIT: Here is the hardcover item page at the US Amazon site. Sign up to be notified.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #57
Bowie Fett
IndyFan

Nice! I hope it is released soon. I ordered the softcover, which will be released in a few days. I prefer the hardcover, however, I do not feel like waiting several months...

Old 05-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #58
Bowie Fett
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaDillenge
Found it today in Toronto on Yonge St, "used" for $19.00. ABC Books had 5 sterling copies of it, along with 5 copies of the hardcover KOTCS novelization sitting on their film shelf.
Fairly exciting. Classy book, too.

You lucky Canadians!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 AM   #59
digitalfreaknyc
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie Fett
Nice! I hope it is released soon. I ordered the softcover, which will be released in a few days. I prefer the hardcover, however, I do not feel like waiting several months...

Are they seriously waiting several months to release that? I'd rather not have to buy the book now if a hardcover is coming out.
digitalfreaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #60
jtobin13
IndyFan

book

Hope the peruvian village scene is shown!!!jt

that set was great!!
jtobin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #61
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
That looks pretty awesome. I'll definitely be buying that book! Reminds me of a book I used to have of the Lucasfilm Archives that was split into star wars and Indiana Jones. ... I wonder where that went?

That is a great book!

As for the Indy book I can't wait to get this. I'll be buying mine on Friday!
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #62
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

I was out at lunch and saw the book...it is amazing! I forgot my book coupons so I didn't buy it but I glanced through it and I couldn't see anything that was left out. It had sections on all 4 movies and some of the neat things I saw was the whole cut fight with the Swordsman from Raiders in there as stills, pictures of the weapons, behind the scenes info on what went on before the movies even began filming, etc. I'm running home to get my coupons then going out to pick it up.
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #63
Stoo
IndyFan

Just picked this up at Indigo Books in Montreal for $40.00 CAN.
Great book! 300 pages packed with info, photos, artwork...
Now Ihave to try and keep my nose out of the "Cyrstal Skull" section!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #64
ATMachine
IndyFan

Really fascinating. One tidbit that jumped out at me during a quick skim is that after Lucas vetoed Frank Darabont's Indy IV script he started revising it himself, changing the title to Indiana Jones and the Phantom City of the Gods. (!!)

Personally I never want to see the word Phantom in the title of any George Lucas movie ever again. Scary sign that he seems to rather like it....
ATMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #65
phantom train
IndyFan

Picked this up yesterday @ Borders - Incredible. I haven't had a chance to read everything, but I skimmed through most of it and enjoyed a lot of the pictures/drawings. My understanding is that most of the behind-the-scenes info. in this book is all new, and it looks it, since I haven't seen most of it before.

Some initial observations:

- There is a lot of space spent on "Raiders" - great, since this is the best film, IMHO.

- The artwork/production paintings available in the "Raiders" section was fantastic - The Jim Steranko production paintings are especially cool - I had seen one of these before (of Indy standing in the desert), but none of the others.

- There is a surprising amount of space devoted to the upcoming KOTCS - interesting, since the film isn't officially out yet.
phantom train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #66
jtobin13
IndyFan

cameos

If I don't make the cut of the film as cowboy then maybe my mug will be in book as Ss took a photo of me on set...jt
jtobin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #67
The Tingler
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine
Really fascinating. One tidbit that jumped out at me during a quick skim is that after Lucas vetoed Frank Darabont's Indy IV script he started revising it himself, changing the title to Indiana Jones and the Phantom City of the Gods. (!!)

Personally I never want to see the word Phantom in the title of any George Lucas movie ever again. Scary sign that he seems to rather like it....
Stop it, you're scaring me too! What I don't understand is why they didn't just keep Frank Darabont as writer and ask him to make the changes they wanted? Instead of hiring a whole new writer? Indy IV would've been here in 2006 probably if they'd done that!
The Tingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #68
Laserschwert
IndyFan

Got mine from Amazon today, and just like the "Star Wars"-one this one is fantastic as well. Tons and tons of great pictures (a lot of which I've never seen before, like poster-sketches by Drew Struzan), letters, notes and whatnot. I've avoided the "Crystal Skull"-section for now, since I'm finally gonna see the movie in about 18 hours, but although I would've preferred one book per film (as it's going to happen with the "Star Wars"-movies) this is probably the best look behind the scenes of the movies there's ever gonna be.
Laserschwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #69
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Just picked this up at Indigo Books in Montreal for $40.00 CAN.
Great book! 300 pages packed with info, photos, artwork...
Now Ihave to try and keep my nose out of the "Cyrstal Skull" section!

Is there any YIJC content? Is it covered at all?
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #70
Laserschwert
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
Is there any YIJC content? Is it covered at all?

There's only a few lines about it bridging the "Crusade" and "Skull"-chapters (and a small photo of Ford talking to Lucas on his Young Indy cameo-shoot)... but as I don't want to read any further, there might be more coming... though I doubt it.
Laserschwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #71
ATMachine
IndyFan

There's a bit in the Raiders section showing a photo of a cut scene, which made it into the novelization. As Indy and Marcus are leaving Indy's classroom, they meet a student named Susan (played by Pola Churchill) who asks for a private conference with Dr. Jones.

Now, Susan is the female student who was at Indy's house in the infamous alternate version of the scene taking place there. So it's my guess that indeed, both versions of the Marcus-visiting-Indy scene were filmed, though only one made it to the screen. Larry Kasdan claimed in a recent interview that only one version was shot, but I'd guess based on the photo evidence that he was simply misinformed.
ATMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #72
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan

A great book. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #73
Bowie Fett
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius Stone
A great book. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Yes...great book!

Old 05-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #74
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Would anyone who has this book care to elaborate on the progression of "skull" scripts? Darabont's, Nathanson's etc.?
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #75
Bowie Fett
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Would anyone who has this book care to elaborate on the progression of "skull" scripts? Darabont's, Nathanson's etc.?

Sure, no problem. They do not go into detail on each version and do not say much about Darabont's script. From what I can remember...

1. A story about Indy meeting and helping an alien survive on earth (E.T.???).

2. A story closer to KOTCS which had Indy involves with a new love interest and a daughter.

3. Darabont's script was close to the previous storyline but included Marion.

Does anyone else remember more info?