Mutt's love interest?

AnnieJones

I wish they would have Jack Shannon,his wife,and son in one of the movies.Only,I wish he would also have a daughter who could be Mutt's love interest.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
AnnieJones said:
I wish they would have Jack Shannon,his wife,and son in one of the movies.Only,I wish he would also have a daughter who could be Mutt's love interest.

She would be more likely too old for Mutt (Jack Shannon and Katrina get together in the 20s). As to when they have Noah, is debateable, but ultimately, likely to be a couple of years after Genesis Deluge. Most couples tend to try to have kids close together in age so one would reason that a daughter would probably be likely to be born a couple of years after Noah (whose middle name is named after Indy, Noah Indiana Shannon).

Hanselation said:
So ....The girl from Harry Potter = Hermione Granger.?!? Marion was also much younger than Indy...

Actually, Emma Watson who plays Hermione isn't that much younger than Shia. She's 20 and Shia is now what 23. Not exactly Marion/Indy age difference which is more like 10 years.

Burke

While Shia LeBeouf enjoys some popularity now, I don't think he could pull in the vast Indy audience alone. I think he'd need a fairly well-known supporting cast.

Emma Watson would be a great choice, although I get the "serious actor" vibe from her, meaning she might be reluctant to get attached to another franchise.

Insomniac

Mutt probably shouldn't get a girlfriend though it might work on the campus like his dad... kinda a fonzy thing!
I think mutt needs to grow up and be a badass and that will give his character more leeway not just a kid pretending to be badass so at least 3 years need to go past... but i still would prefer a sequel.

AnnieJones

I think Katrina Bowden would make a good one.
katrina-bowden.jpg

Dr Bones

My vote goes to any hag who will make Mutt stay home in the trailer park looking after the kids or anywhere out of the picture whilst the real Indy takes us on an adventure.
:hat:

Montana Smith

Dr Bones said:
My vote goes to any hag who will make Mutt stay home in the trailer park looking after the kids or anywhere out of the picture whilst the real Indy takes us on an adventure.

The perfect answer, Dr Bones! (y)

Mutt was a mistake, and I expect Indy felt the same way, too.

Indy's brother

How about a young wet-behind-the-ears female archaeologist full of moxy. Indy is partnered up with her, despite being a little threatened by her youth, ability, and gender, and Mutt is smitten by her. (George would try make her too much like Marion, though)

Or, Mutt gets married in the second reel:

I-Married-A-Communist-LC.jpg

The-Oil-Painting-of-HU-MIN.jpg

nikita.jpg

AnnieJones

Indy's brother said:
How about a young wet-behind-the-ears female archaeologist full of moxy. Indy is partnered up with her, despite being a little threatened by her youth, ability, and gender, and Mutt is smitten by her. (George would try make her too much like Marion, though)

Or, Mutt gets married in the second reel:
I agree.I like the idea of a young female archaeologist with moxie.I'd also be afraid that George would try to make her too Marion-like instead of her being her own person.
I did however,imagine her a little bit different.I always thought of her as being a former student of Indiana Jones(like he thought of her as a daughter because they both loved archaeology so much)and she graduated early.Early enough that she would have graduated a year before the 4th movie(graduated early from high school and college because she was so smart with history).Then they meet up with her on one of her excavations as the 5th movie starts.
What I kind of wish George would do is make her a distant cousin of Elizabeth "Lizzie" Ravenall.Like have her be the Great-granddaughter of Lizzie Ravenall's Grandfather's brother.But like I said,I would be too afraid of this being too Marion-like considering both last names have Raven in it.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Of course Mao would send a crack team of troops to track them down and execute Mutt.

Come-on Montana, it?s not nice to raise peoples hopes like that... :p

But seriously I think the idea of a young ex-student of Indy's would work great. She might be very smitten by Indy in the beginning, kinda like the ?LOVE YOU? girl was in Raiders... Indy hasn't quite lost his touch. Then Mutt wants her and has to get her attention away from his adventurous father. This would be a bit of a character sub-plot though... we don't want a romantic comedy with Hugh Grant as the antagonist. :eek:

This way, Indy could kind of have an original love interest for Indy V without betraying Marion. I think this idea has potential. :hat:

Montana Smith

Col. Detritch said:
Come-on Montana, it’s not nice to raise peoples hopes like that... :p

:D

Col. Detritch said:
But seriously I think the idea of a young ex-student of Indy's would work great. She might be very smitten by Indy in the beginning, kinda like the ‘LOVE YOU’ girl was in Raiders... Indy hasn't quite lost his touch. Then Mutt wants her and has to get her attention away from his adventurous father.

Kinda like Indy and his own father in TLC. I don't know if George would want to go down that route these days, since he's been cleaning up Indy's reputation, with the no pistol-shooting policy, marrying him off and giving him the responsibilities of fatherhood.

Col. Detritch said:
This would be a bit of a character sub-plot though... we don't want a romantic comedy with Hugh Grant as the antagonist. :eek:

Come on Col. D, it's not nice to give George ideas like that! :p (Double :eek: )

Col. Detritch said:
This way, Indy could kind of have an original love interest for Indy V without betraying Marion. I think this idea has potential. :hat:

If they went for it, he'd have to ditch Marion for good this time, along with her son. Who's to say Mutt really is Indy's offspring? ;)

Col. Detritch

Indiana Jones and the Last Paternity Test...

This time Doctor Jones won?t be the only Doctor in Marion?s life...

Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Come on Col. D, it's not nice to give George ideas like that! :p (Double :eek: )

Touché! :whip:

AnnieJones

AnnieJones said:
I agree.I like the idea of a young female archaeologist with moxie.I'd also be afraid that George would try to make her too Marion-like instead of her being her own person.
I did however,imagine her a little bit different.I always thought of her as being a former student of Indiana Jones(like he thought of her as a daughter because they both loved archaeology so much)and she graduated early.Early enough that she would have graduated a year before the 4th movie(graduated early from high school and college because she was so smart with history).Then they meet up with her on one of her excavations as the 5th movie starts.
What I kind of wish George would do is make her a distant cousin of Elizabeth "Lizzie" Ravenall.Like have her be the Great-granddaughter of Lizzie Ravenall's Grandfather's brother.But like I said,I would be too afraid of this being too Marion-like considering both last names have Raven in it.
I also kind of wished her first name was Alex or any name that sounds like it could be a boy/girl name(The name Alex obviously being short for Alexandra,Alexandria,or Alexandrina).That way when Indy mentions her to Mutt he thinks his dad is referring to a man,then is shocked to meet her and find out that "he" is a she.That sounds like typical Indiana Jones movies humor.It would fit right in with the movie,seeing how it's both a surprise and funny at the same time.