Soundtrack Samples @ Amazon.com

jonesissparrow

This might be the best Indy soundtrack by the samples, it seems that John Williams is combining all the elements of ROTLA, TOD, and LC for something really epic. My favorite is the Adventures of Mutt and Spalko's theme (very sensually dangerous!):hat:

sandiegojones

One thing I noticed from the titles of the tracks and the samples is that there doesn't seem to be music from the warehouse or doomtown stuff. I'd hate to not get some music from what seems to be a large set piece in the movie.

HawkEagleWolf

Great Scott, this is heavy!

This is truly classical Williams and classical Indy music! Love all of it!

Leak already damn it!

Also bookmark this link and check it everyday until May 20th. This usually has the new releases of Movie scores in the Full: http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds

At least it did for SP-3 and Pirates 2 and 3.
Don't forget to check soundtrack.net out either they usually do a first listen breakdown of the new soundtracks too.

-HawkEagleWolf

Sankara

NOBODY can say this is a good or bad Soundtrack. We have to hear more. I guess it's going to be a nice Soundtrack but not as great as the old Soundtracks...

MattJones

Sankara said:
NOBODY can say this is a good or bad Soundtrack. We have to hear more. I guess it's going to be a nice Soundtrack but not as great as the old Soundtracks...

Can't you not say that? You haven't heard the whole thing. ;)

Barty

Mutt Williams said:
The build up in "The Departure" really feels like something is preparing to fly off. Reminds me of CE3K and E.T.

Hit the nail on the head. Some brilliant little orchestrating by Williams with the theme in that little clip.

bergstrom

personally, I wasn't inspired by it. I can listen to the entire ROTLA score, but this one, probably great in patches (even though I know they're only samples). Doubt I'll be buying it, which is a shame.

berg

sandiegojones

I think it's a good soundtrack but would like to hear a lot more. Some of the tracks are 4 and 5 minutes but all we got was a 30 second sample from a part that may have been build up to a grander theme (such as the jungle chase). Keep in mind your are hearing samples that we pre-approved and not random.

I think the crystal theme is good (like I stated before it actually sounds like a crystal or glass instrument was used for this theme which is clever) and I like Irina's theme (I've caught variations of this theme in the other clips). There's a very mysterious South American vibe in "grave robbers" too. I'm sure the complete soundtrack will be great, but still wish there was some music from the warehouse and doomtown stuff since I'm sure there will be some adventurous music for those scenes.

Ste2652

The score was the one part of KotCS I thought I wouldn't be disappointed with. I know we've only got thirty second clips to go by for now, but Williams seems to have delivered once again... the music is very Indy and familiar even though it's brand new. I wasn't keen on Spalko's theme initially, but it's growing on me rapidly... maybe it'll be refreshing to have a subtle bad guy theme instead of the bombastic ones we heard in RotLA and Last Crusade.

Borbarad

herr gruber said:
I found The Adventures Of Mutt to be the most ear pleasing of the samples.

Co-Signed. I also enjoyed this one the most, followed by Irene's theme. They had a TLC vibe to it, and I enjoyed the TLC music the most from all 3 movies.

crowmagnumman

I liked the skull theme, but the Adventures of Mutt and Snake Pit were way too cartoonish-sounding. At least, the short 30 second clips sounded too cartoonish. I may change my mind upon hearing the entire tracks.

*Yawn*

Is it just me or does this sound way too much like Raiders?

...I suppose that's what you get when you rehash the entire movie.

Damn Koepp bringing Marion back. ...and the ark...

Avilos

ResidentAlien said:
...and the ark...

Its just a cameo.

I know you are the master of making overstatements to make phony criticisms. But you have to try harder than that my friend. A mere cameo is hardly the same thing as again using the Ark as the central artifact in which the whole plot is based on. That would be an actual rehash. ;)