USA Weekend interview

FILMKRUSC

JerryKing said:
and the entire thing is taken up with a picture of Shia as Mutt combing his greasy hair!!! Indy is nowhere to be found!!! BULLSHI*!

Oh, better get used to it. He is being force-fed as the future replacement for Ford without any attempts to even conceal it now...
:sick: I'd rather had seen Karen Allen as Indy's sidekick.

FILMKRUSC

crowmagnumman said:
Sorry about my possible spoiler mention. That was a mistake I don't intend to make again. I'm not sure if I can edit that out or not, but I will try.

EDIT: Drat. I can't change it. Very sorry for that.

I think without Shia it would be a slightly more adult film. Shia is there to pander to kids. It works, but I don't like it.

Well Raiders and Last Crusade didn't need any kids or young adults to make the film entertaining and bring in the box office $$

crowmagnumman

FILMKRUSC said:
Well Raiders and Last Crusade didn't need any kids or young adults to make the film entertaining and bring in the box office $$

They sure didn't. But that was then. Now they have to put a kid in everything for it to make money. I think Lebouf is unnecessary, but there are a ton of people that will see this movie just for Shia, and that's what bothers me.

Avilos

This "Kid" was 21 when they were filming! :rolleyes:

Are some of us that old? :whip: ;)

I going to be 30 in July but I don't view a 21 year old as a kid.

crowmagnumman

Avilos said:
This "Kid" was 21 when they were filming! :rolleyes:

Are some of us that old? :whip: ;)

I going to be 30 in July but I don't view a 21 year old as a kid.

Well you've got a good point there. I mean I'm only 19 myself, so I'm not one to talk. I wouldn't consider you a kid, and maybe not myself either. I'm just saying that I'm not interested in watching movies about people my own age, I never was. Harrison Ford was always enough to interest me. Even when I was little, the kids in Jurassic Park annoyed me, but I thought Sam Neill was cool. I think most kids were the same way in years past, but recently that's changed. Now they have to put somebody, not necessarily a kid, but somebody younger in movies for them to be hip and cool. That's what I don't like.

Ska

The Golden Idol said:
Speaking of which, why does it seem like Indy has four sidekicks in this film? :confused:

And from what we've seen spoiler-wise, Indy is only with all four towards the end of the movie. The beginning and middle of the movie is only Indy with Mac or with Mutt.

IndySeven

When I saw the USA Weekend issue, I thought that there would be a great poster with Indy inside. But no, there's an ugly picture of Shia La Beouf combing his hair. Who wants to see Mutt comb his hair on an exclusive poster! This is a huge disappointment.:mad: