Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Michael24

I guess I'm just willing to accept the notion that Terminator can live on without James Cameron.

And I actually thought T2:3D wasn't all that great. Well-executed, perhaps (I liked how they staged the live action with the 3D film), but overall just kinda boring. The idea was cool when I first heard about it, but then when I finally got a chance to see it at Universal, I was disappointed. And the pre-show gimmick with the PR lady is beyond awful.

Dr. Mulbray

T3 woul be better if it would be scored by Brad Fiedel. It´s an example of the significance of movie music. It can change the quality of a film. I always blamed Beltrami, because he destroy Fiedel´s work, creating a mistaken kind of atmosphere. And why didn´t he use the Terminator main theme not even once?

Last edited:

Michael24

I do wish the "Terminator Theme" had been used within the score, because I liked Beltrami's arrangement for it that was used over the closing credits. But I have the T3 soundtrack and think it's a pretty good score, though it works better within the film. On its own, only the action tracks can really stand on their own.

Little Indy

I just finished watching both episodes and they weren't too bad. I looked past the different actors and that was no big thing. I felt they were able to take on the roles of Sarah and John Conner from what Linda Hamilton and Eddie Furlong did. The story takes off a little after T3 I believe. It's been years since I've seen it. There is a new cyborg sent to protect John Connor and interesting enough her name is Cameron. I liked the nod to James Cameron with her name. I still want to see more to see how the story plays out, before I give a yay or nay just yet.

kongisking

I watched Part 1-2 of the premeire, and have to say I was quite impressed. Yes, it took me about a day or two to get used to the different actors and claustrophobic constraints of a TV show, but soon (mainly Part II, which was a massive improvement both story, acting, and effects-wise) I slowly began to reattach to these actors as the characters, and I even managed to temporarily forget about Linda Hamilton and Nick Stahl, who were both 100% perfectious! Well done, and much better then I thought. This series has tons of great potential, and I think C2 Pictures is really onto something here.

Plus, Cameron is HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWT!!!!!! (y) (I wonder if she will have a romance with John; it's different and allows a better look into the series' whole "what is humanity" theme. Terminator/John Conner sex scene, anyone? :rolleyes: ;) )

Michael24

Yeah, I remember Summer Glau from Firefly/Serenity, but had no idea she could look so freakin' hot! :whip:

Little Indy said:
The story takes off a little after T3 I believe. It's been years since I've seen it.

The series ignores T3 completely. :( The film was set in 2003. The series starts in 1999, then they time travel to 2007, effectively bypassing 2003. Also, the fact Cameron tells Sara she had originally died in 2005 from cancer also invalidates T3, where she had died prior to 2003 from leukemia. But since I really enjoyed T3, I prefer to think of the movies as the real timeline, with the series more of an intriguing "what if?" alternate timeline scenario. And so far, I'm really digging it. (y)

Finn

Staff member
Michael24 said:
The series ignores T3 completely.
Not necessarily. I mean, with time travel involved everything is possible. Take it this way; first there was T2 that led to T3. Then from T3's timeline we got the future Cameron came from. And now she's twisting the past to prevent the timeline she came from. And preventing that means blocking the events of T3 that led to that whatever conclusion in which they were forced to send Cameron back.

Michael24

I see what you're saying. (Though I can imagine some peoples' heads exploding trying to follow that. Haha!) So you could say that T3 was still "in continuity" until Cameron time-jumped the trio forward.

But that's why it's best not to thing too much about details when it comes to time travel stories and instead just sorta take them at face value. :) Thinking about it causes too many headaches. LOL!

Finn

Staff member
Michael24 said:
But that's why it's best not to thing too much about details when it comes to time travel stories and instead just sorta take them at face value. :) Thinking about it causes too many headaches. LOL!
Considering we already had a guy who sent his own father back in time to knock up his mommy, we could say that everything is definitely possible.

deckard24

I just watched the second episode after recording it the other night, and so far I'm in to it! It does take a little bit of adjusting with a new Sarah Connor, but overall I think they've done a pretty good job.

Kongisking, I agree Summer Glau is pretty hot as a terminator! She looks a lot different than her Firefly( now that was a great show!) days. It does seem like they are hinting at a future relationship between John and Cameron, not quite sure what to make of that? :confused: LOL

Little Indy

OK Right so we all agree Summer Glau is Hot! The series has definite potential.

The series doesn't take off right after T3, sorry about

And finally. I thought only organic material could pass through the time bubble, how did the Terminator head get through? They all came out naked, even Sarah was holding some weapon that disappeared when she went through. Any thoughts on this.

Michael24

Hmmm... That didn't strike me as odd or anything since Terminators have always arrived intact (outer skin and endoskeleton and all), just weaponless and unclothed.

Little Indy

Yeah I am pretty sure that nothing inorganic can go through. I think it was brought up in T1. That's why everyone jumps naked. The termies being robots need to be covered in the human tissue to be able to pass. I am a little hazy on my Terminator knowledge though.

I guess technically their cyborgs . . . . .

Michael24

Yeah, they are cyborgs. Sometimes people call them cybernetic organisms, but it's pretty much the same thing.

Finn

Staff member
deckard24 said:
It does seem like they are hinting at a future relationship between John and Cameron, not quite sure what to make of that? :confused: LOL
Now there's something that should have struck the head of the corporation that started to manufacture those cyborgs. Why in the heck do we create war machines when there's obviously a HUGE market for love dolls?

Signed, "Could I have one that looks like Jewel Staite?"

kongisking

Little Indy said:
OK Right so we all agree Summer Glau is Hot! The series has definite potential.

The series doesn't take off right after T3, sorry about

And finally. I thought only organic material could pass through the time bubble, how did the Terminator head get through? They all came out naked, even Sarah was holding some weapon that disappeared when she went through. Any thoughts on this.

Well, if you look close, you see that Cromartie still has some organic human skin on his face, despite the traditional battle-damage, so maybe when he got zapped through time the machine got confused by the prescence of both skin and metal, and it caused a glitch which made the machine send the terminator through time regardless but instead of eliminating un-organic material, instead it did the opposite, removing the flesh and sending through the endoskeleton. Mind you, this only happens to the terminator, not everyone else, since they still have enough skin and organic material to let the machine send them as it normally would. But in the case of the robot, the machine got messed up and temporarily ignored the programmed anti-unorganic-rule in order to just get the damn thing through time and just get it over with.

There's my theory. Kind of a stretch, yes, but then again Terminator is notorious for mind-numbing paradoxes, right? Finn had a good point about John sending back Kyle just so he could f*ck Sarah. Gross yet very romantic at the same time! :sick: ;)

However, that still doesn't explain the problem of how the hell did the T-1000 and T-X get to travel through time with liquid metal skin?????? :confused: :p

deckard24

Finn said:
Now there's something that should have struck the head of the corporation that started to manufacture those cyborgs. Why in the heck do we create war machines when there's obviously a HUGE market for love dolls?

Signed, "Could I have one that looks like Jewel Staite?"
LOL! Nice one Finn!

How about one that looks like Morena Baccarin as well?

kongisking

deckard24 said:
LOL! Nice one Finn!

How about one that looks like Morena Baccarin as well?

I want one that looks like Rachel Weisz.

Rachel_Weisz_02.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT MAMA!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Little Indy

kongisking said:
However, that still doesn't explain the problem of how the hell did the T-1000 and T-X get to travel through time with liquid metal skin?????? :confused: :p

Yeah I was wondering that too. Maybe there imitation is so good it is just like human skin.

kongisking

Little Indy said:
Yeah I was wondering that too. Maybe there imitation is so good it is just like human skin.

Oh BS! It's ridiculous enough the idea of liquid metal imitating ORGANIC material as it is. The machine would obviously know the difference, unless the liquid metal magically turns into living flesh. Trust me, the whole liquid metal mimetic-alloy idea is pure ridiculous-ness, if still very cool! :cool: