new feeling over KOTCS!!!

sandiegojones

the ox said:
come ooooooooon - it's a movie!!
Oh I know. It doesn't bother me and the movie never said that Coronado put it there. I'm just making the point that the older Indy films didn't explain every detail and KOTCS is no different.

Darth Vile

the ox said:
still - was a fun movie and will likely grow on me. i just don't think it will touch the other three because - in the end - a character like indiana jones is just more appealing/interesting as a strapping (younger?) bad ass. i think - ultimately - that's the root of it being the weakest film and why it disappointed.

I don't quite agree... Whilst Raiders, TOD, and TLC may have been his prime... other than Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones is probably the only iconic movie character I can think of, where there would be mileage in the ?continued adventures of? a much older character.

It's inevitable that if this route is continued down, they must introduce younger characters (similar to Mutt), to bring in younger audiences. But I firmly believe that they could get another couple of (worthy) Indy movies out with this current formula...

the ox

for me - it was fun to see indy as an older and wiser guy. but i don't need any more. his appeal to me was as the ultimate dude - smart, quick, brave and able to kick the bad guy's ass and get the girl. older indy worked in this movie and harrison was awesome. but no more, now. just my opinion ...

i wish they had MADE twenty of them in the LAST twenty years though! and indy ROCKED the beard in the "legend of the blue thing"!!

there should be a bearded indy smiley face!

deckard24

the ox said:
for me - it was fun to see indy as an older and wiser guy. but i don't need any more. his appeal to me was as the ultimate dude - smart, quick, brave and able to kick the bad guy's ass and get the girl. older indy worked in this movie and harrison was awesome. but no more, now. just my opinion ...

i wish they had MADE twenty of them in the LAST twenty years though! and indy ROCKED the beard in the "legend of the blue thing"!!

there should be a bearded indy smiley face!
Nice to see another fan of The Mystery of the Blues Indy Beard!!:hat:

Indy should have rocked it in KOTCS, or at least he could have had it for part of the film!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcwEIs5_z7E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcwEIs5_z7E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the ox

totally!! and i always thought indy 4 might open with a prologue where a "retired" indy lives high up in the snowy mountains of WY or something ... or at least he's on an adventure there.

deckard24

the ox said:
totally!! and i always thought indy 4 might open with a prologue where a "retired" indy lives high up in the snowy mountains of WY or something ... or at least he's on an adventure there.
That's not a bad idea!:hat:

Maybe if Indy V actually happens, it could open with him adventuring in Iceland or somewhere cold and Nordic, and this would be an excuse for The Fugitive beard! I don't know if you've ever seen The Hunted, but Tommy Lee Jones rocks a similar beard and looks all kinds of badass! In my opinion the beard would totally fit the look of an aging archaeology professor, not to mention it would be kind of cool since Henry sr. had one!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXBYW39cKJU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXBYW39cKJU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saber79

Well I finally got my dvd for Christmas...I had to wait to get which sucked.

Anyway, I saw the movie originally in the theater at the midnight showing. Although I did enjoy the movie, I came out of it not as satisfied as I thought I would be. But I have attributed that to these facts:
1) it was midnight after working a full day and still having jet lag from coming back from my honeymoon.

2) I was with about 7 friends, all of whom (myself included) had a couple of drinks before hand.

So when I finally got it on Christmas, I couldn't wait to watch it again in the comfort of my living room.

This movie was so much better on the television. The images were crisper (that could have been to the beer on opening night) and I was very happy to hear the soundtrack more than it was in the theater.

Now I grew up watching Indy on the television whenever it aired on HBO or I would pop in the video cassettes we had. I was 10 when Last Crusade hit the theaters. I remember seeing it, just don't remember the experience of the movie, so basically it was all HBO, Video or DVD.

Skull was so much better now, now I just know not to go on a trip before a midnight show and not to drink with friends before hand. My sofa and my surround sound made the movie.

Skull rocked and Ford was Indy in all his grizzled splendor.

Driftwoodv.7

deckard24 said:
Nice to see another fan of The Mystery of the Blues Indy Beard!!:hat:

Indy should have rocked it in KOTCS, or at least he could have had it for part of the film!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcwEIs5_z7E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcwEIs5_z7E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ok, call me a horrible Indy fan, but I've never seen or heard of this! What is it? Is there more?

Saber79

This was from the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Harrison Ford made a cameo on the show and was the narrator for that particular episode. He has the beard because he was also filming the Fugitive at the same time.

The real Indy was back for a little bit :)

StoneTriple

Driftwoodv.7 said:
Ok, call me a horrible Indy fan, but I've never seen or heard of this! What is it? Is there more?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwvxNsUsz-w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwvxNsUsz-w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Driftwoodv.7

haha that was brilliant.

thanks for the insight. I've actually never gotten into the Chronicles, so I'm pretty ignorant about em. I suppose I find the character of Indiana Jones a bit on the empty side if it isn't Harrison wearing the hat. :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Driftwoodv.7 said:
haha that was brilliant.

thanks for the insight. I've actually never gotten into the Chronicles, so I'm pretty ignorant about em. I suppose I find the character of Indiana Jones a bit on the empty side if it isn't Harrison wearing the hat. :hat:

Well, if it's any comfort, often <I>the</I> hat isn't being worn at all, so...

(No, I like the series, but it bears pointing out.)

Miss bubbles

MaxPhactor23 said:
Got it...hate it even more. I suppose I'm an exception, but then I'm a firm believer in people coming to hate it the older it gets.

WHY DID YOU BUY A MOVIE YOU DIDN'T LIKE?????????????

The Man

Miss bubbles said:
WHY DID YOU BUY A MOVIE YOU DIDN'T LIKE?????????????

I believe he received it as gift. It's thought that counts, I guess...*

*By the way, Bubbles, your username is rather cute...:whip:

caats

i always find such heavy hate to be weird. especially when he surrounds himself in it daily. no wonder it's getting worse for him. my dislike for something always brings apathy. i don't care about something i don't like