Would Lucas leak false info?

arkfinder

I read recently that Lucas told Spielberg he wanted an absolute tight lip on Indy IV.
He got burned badly on SW Epi.I-III with the amount of spoilers that got leaked.

Do you think he would leak false spoilers to throw the hounds off the Indy track?

I know spoilers usually come from inside people who are working on the movie. I remember when Epi.III Lucas fired 1 or 2 people for leaking the info.

Just a thought.

Eric Solo

i dont think GL would put a bold faced lie out there on purpose, but then again the working title of Return of the Jedi was Blue Harvest: Horror Beyond Imagination!

Finn

Staff member
To answer the question in the simplest and most eloquent way possible:

Yes, yes he would.

Eric Solo

maybe you're right. I think that press release was a little fishy, so maybe they still have something up their collective sleeve.

deckard24

I have a good feeling Connery will make a Robin Hood: Prince of Theives surprise cameo in IJ4. They have been so secretive about this movie, that I can only imagine there will be some big twist or surpise in the ending. I don't think Spielberg and Lucas will be giving away info and continual updates like Lucas did with the Star Wars prequels. We'll most likely get some bits of truth mixed in among false leads.

Zorg

Probably Lucas will try, but I still don't believe Connery would be in it. The man said no himself.

Vendetta08

To paraphrase Connery: 'if there was one film I'd return to, it's Indiana Jones but retirement is too much damn fun'

I don't buy it for a second. He's obviously throwing us off, and I bet it was George Lucas idea.

:gun:

fixer79

AL_Patterson said:
To paraphrase Connery: 'if there was one film I'd return to, it's Indiana Jones but retirement is too much damn fun'

I don't buy it for a second. He's obviously throwing us off, and I bet it was George Lucas idea.

:gun:

Y'know, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read the news...
Didn't buy it either.
I can't imagine Sean wouldn't take a short break from retirement when given the chance to end his acting carreer in such a beautiful way.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, brothers...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmm, in the day and age of the internet where nothing film-wise is a secret...perhaps false info could be leaked, but it would be a lot harder to get away with it nowadays.

Avilos

Aaron H said:
Hmmm, in the day and age of the internet where nothing film-wise is a secret...perhaps false info could be leaked, but it would be a lot harder to get away with it nowadays.

Agreed. Also assuming Connery did have a surprise appearance it would not stay so for long. With all the the test screenings and early reviews. Not to mention the novelization, etc. By opening day it would be known anyway.

The Whip

I seriously doubt it. Lucas was asked about this during the runup to Episode III. He said that he didn't have to. There was enough false info on the internet, he didn't have to make anything up.

Finn

Staff member
Note, that only says he didn't have to, not that he wouldn't do so under any circumstances.

I'd be majorly disappointed if they weren't throwing up smoke screens. Its allp art of the fun isn't it?

Wild speculation on our own parts whilst trying to discern genuine plot insight from other fan speculation and wondering which of the false info has come from the Beards themselves.

Great stuff.

indyt

It would truly be amazing though if everything we have heard so far, movie title, aliens, Area 51, even the crystal skulls was all a smokescreen. I still feel that these things just are not... Indiana Jones