Midnight showing?

ForbiddenEye

I'm kinda' hoping that they do a 8PM Showing that they've been doing with movies recently...the 8PM of At World's End was great! They had ALL 24 theatres playing it at 8 PM and EVERY ticket was sold out! It was awesome, and I'm hoping that Indy will be like that.
:hat:

Rhys135

I'd defintley go to a midnight showing now that I can drive, but if not you will see me at the first "Deluxe" performance of the day.

To my knowledge my local cinema have only had one midnight showing, where they played Die Another Day at 0:07.a.m

nzlc

Me and my friend are going to go 2 the midnight screening thats how new zealand gets it first,ill have school the next day to mehh so worth it
My theatre has the poster and were in a ****ty little city in the sth island of nz

BadDates

Michael24 said:
I'll probably take my fedora with me and wear it if I see other people wearing their's.

I might wear mine too...I hope that all of us fedora wearers will remember to be considerate and take it off when the movie starts, so that whoever's behind us has a decent view :)

Ltdefense

I'm POSITIVE they will do a midnight movie.

I love midnite flicks, I go all the time! Most recent one I caught was Cloverfield.

Michael24

BadDates said:
I might wear mine too...I hope that all of us fedora wearers will remember to be considerate and take it off when the movie starts, so that whoever's behind us has a decent view :)

I always sit in the back right under the projector window, so I'll be leaving mine on for the duration. :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Really, the thing to do is to go as minor characters, like Musgrove and Eaton. Then you can just appear normal and not do the same exact thing that all other fanatics might.

Johnny Nys

I don't know if they do midnight showings here. I think if they do, it's a special event at one theater only. I think they did it for LOTR and made a marathon out of it. Perhaps SW as well. Don't think they'll do it for Indy, though. Not a big enough hype.

BadDates

Attila the Professor said:
Really, the thing to do is to go as minor characters, like Musgrove and Eaton. Then you can just appear normal and not do the same exact thing that all other fanatics might.

That's a good plan. I've just had a vision of a cinema on the 22nd of May, with wall-to-wall Westeds, fedoras and whips twitching excitedly :whip: It's quite a surreal image...like a gathering of Elvis impersonators :)

Forbidden Eye

ForbiddenEye said:
I'm kinda' hoping that they do a 8PM Showing that they've been doing with movies recently...the 8PM of At World's End was great! They had ALL 24 theatres playing it at 8 PM and EVERY ticket was sold out! It was awesome, and I'm hoping that Indy will be like that.

They ONLY did that for Pirates of the Caribbean: AWE though, and it probably won't catch on as the actual opening weekend wasn't as big as it could've been. I can see Disney doing that again for Narnia though.

Frankly, I think the idea sucks. The whole point of Midnight shows is that you're technically seeing it the day it comes out, at the very first minute. The fact you're willing to stay up late shows you dedication as a fan. If you just wait til 8, part of the magic is gone.

ForbiddenEye

Forbidden Eye said:
They ONLY did that for Pirates of the Caribbean: AWE though, and it probably won't catch on as the actual opening weekend wasn't as big as it could've been. I can see Disney doing that again for Narnia though.

Really? I thought that Spiderman and Shrek did the same.

(Sorry about the name, they didn't give me my usual screename, and I wanted to stick to something Disney-related. Thought the fact they approved it meant nobody was using it! Sorry!)

ReggieSnake

Attila the Professor said:
Interesting idea, though I'll probably wear my leather jacket and wested leather hat; I don't have a brown or light blue suit.
blueseattle said:
Anyone wishing they'd do special trilogy showings in major cities beforehand?

I'd be there.
Me too. I've never seen Indy on the big screen.
ForbiddenEye said:
the 8PM of At World's End was great! They had ALL 24 theatres playing it at 8 PM and EVERY ticket was sold out! It was awesome, and I'm hoping that Indy will be like that.
I thought it was kind of wierd they didn't have a midnight showing for that movie. I guess having an earlier showing works.
Adamwankenobi said:
I was at a ROTS midnight screening back in May 2005 and I loved it! Everyone was running around yelling about their excitement, and many (myself included) were dressed in costumes.
I had class that morning so I waited and went to the 1pm showing. That was pretty awesome, and less crowded I suppose.

DreamsOfDoom

oh yes! I'll definately be attending a midnight showing! (y) its gonna be so much fun! I have very fond memories of going to the Star Wars ROTS one, was just one big event! lots of cheering and craziness! I didn't have enough courage to dress up though, maybe at this Indy one I might, :D

Forbidden Eye

ForbiddenEye said:
Really? I thought that Spiderman and Shrek did the same.

(Sorry about the name, they didn't give me my usual screename, and I wanted to stick to something Disney-related. Thought the fact they approved it meant nobody was using it! Sorry!)

Forgot about Shrek(can't remember if it was 8 or 10), but I can tell for with absolute certain they didn't do that with Spider-Man.

Still, hard to count Shrek as they rarely ever do midnight showings for animated films, and there isn't a huge desire to be among the first to see it on the likes of Star Wars or Pirates. Hopefully, the 8:00 idea dies down.

BTW- It's cool with the name. I don't post much(yet) on the forums anyway, and how can I blame someone for wanting to use a kick-ass name! Nice to see another Disney fan. (y) :hat:

sarah navarro

Forbidden Eye said:
Forgot about Shrek(can't remember if it was 8 or 10), but I can tell for with absolute certain they didn't do that with Spider-Man.

Still, hard to count Shrek as they rarely ever do midnight showings for animated films, and there isn't a huge desire to be among the first to see it on the likes of Star Wars or Pirates. Hopefully, the 8:00 idea dies down.

BTW- It's cool with the name. I don't post much(yet) on the forums anyway, and how can I blame someone for wanting to use a kick-ass name! Nice to see another Disney fan. (y) :hat:
Forbidden eye! i went on that ride just yesterday!
i'll probably wear my Indy shirt to see KOTCS.:)

Katarn07

sarah navarro said:
i'll probably wear my Indy shirt to see KOTCS.:)

Yes, I'll definitely wear my KotCS shirt. And if this were coming out sooner and the weather were to be cold, I'd wear my leather jacket. It's not an Indy one, but I will admit I do wear a leather jacket just because Indy did :p

Johnny Nys

I doubt I'll go to a midnight showing when it opens, because it'll be the middle of the week and I'll have to go to work the next morning. I'll probably go to the first 5 pm showing, or if I can get off work the 2 pm showing. Though if it opens on a Wednesday (new movies usually do here) that might not be a good idea since there's no school then. Then again, how many teenagers would really be interested in seeing Indy?