TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #26
Dr Bones
IndyFan
 
Dr Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 626
Remember him for the music. RIP
Dr Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #27
Indy's Fist
IndyFan
 
Indy's Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 658
Rest In Peace & God bless you!
Indy's Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
DocWhiskey
IndyFan
 
DocWhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,386
Terrible terrible news.

He was one of my favorite performers growing up. He still is. And now he always will be.

R.I.P gloved one.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #29
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
RIP MJ
Here is Thriller in all of it's glory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xs9OQHpwDE
(embedding was disabled)
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #30
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
I will always remember Michael Jackson








That has been and always will be the coolest jacket ever made
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #31
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
I was playing "Beat It" on expert on Guitar Hero: World Tour today and was thinking that I needed to buy a few of his albums. Now, I read he is dead. I am sad now.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #32
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 2,014
A Greek tragedy. A lesson about life and how one will be remembered.



Yahoo News reads
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #33
Le Saboteur
IndyFan
 
Le Saboteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sham Shui Po
Posts: 1,971
Why couldn't it have been Britney Spears?

God, this is such a bum day now.


From The New York Times, Michael Jackson, Pop Icon, Is Dead at 50
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Really? Wow!

You guys listened to his/her crap? Ugh!

I don't revel in anyone's death, I'm surprised, but not moved.

Maybe Paul McCartney will get the rights to his music back...he's one guy who's not broken hearted.

Here's your "King"

Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #35
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Really? Wow!

You guys listened to his/her crap? Ugh!

I don't revel in anyone's death, I'm surprised, but not moved.

Maybe Paul McCartney will get the rights to his music back...he's one guy who's not broken hearted.

Here's your "King"


I never said that he was my King. But, yes I liked his music.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I never said that he was my King. But, yes I liked his music.

Ugh...




Don't take everything personal Lonesome, it was a reflection of MY feelings on the matter. A quote if you wil:l John 19:1-16.

Although I was taken aback with all the MANLY, MACHO music you like...
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #37
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Ugh...




Don't take everything personal Lonesome, it was a reflection of MY feelings on the matter. A quote if you wil:l John 19:1-16.

Although I was taken aback with all the MANLY, MACHO music you like...

What sort of "Manly, Macho" music did I say I liked?
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #38
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
What sort of "Manly, Macho" music did I say I liked?

You DON'T remember?

Over on the Miley Cyrus Thread, another great addition to the throng...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...004#post426004
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #39
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
You DON'T remember?

Over on the Miley Cyrus Thread, another great addition to the throng...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...004#post426004

Eh, I can't help what I like. I like everything from Buddy Holly to Henry Rollins, down to Hank Willians Sr. up to the Bee Gees.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #40
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
Eh, I can't help what I like. I like everything from Buddy Holly to Henry Rollins, down to Hank Willians Sr. up to the Bee Gees.

So it's nature not nuture?

Shouldn't that be "down" to the BeeGees?

No ABBA?
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #41
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
So it's nature not nuture?

Shouldn't that be "down" to the BeeGees?

No ABBA?

Never was a fan of ABBA. But, Dancing Queen is an exception.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #42
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
I really find it hard to care about this. Never been a fan of his music, and when you take into consideration the other 150-some thousand people who die every day, this really pales in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennihana123
Wow. The King of Pop.
It seems that now Pepsi and Coca-Cola will be fighting over that title.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #43
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
I really find it hard to care about this. Never been a fan of his music, and when you take into consideration the other 150-some thousand people who die every day, this really pales in comparison. It seems that now Pepsi and Coca-Cola will be fighting over that title.

The only thing good to come out of this is that you and I agree on something Will!

So it's not all in vain...
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #44
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
The only thing good to come out of this is that you and I agree on something Will!

So it's not all in vain...
I was actually thinking the same thing. We probably agree on other things, but those things just aren't interesting enough to talk about.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #45
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Enough with the kissy-kissy you two!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #46
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
Enough with the kissy-kissy you two!

It should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world...

You on the other hand should go back to your music collection and rethink some things...Dancing Queen INDEED!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #47
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
It should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world...

You on the other hand should go back to your music collection and rethink some things...Dancing Queen INDEED!

You're the one who did not want to go all Harvey Milk in PM, right? But, all I see is two men frolicking through the daisies about agreeing to be happy about someone's death.
Go post in your trivia thread noone reads.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #48
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
You're the one who did not want to go all Harvey Milk in PM, right? But, all I see is two men frolicking through the daisies about agreeing to be happy about someone's death.
Go post in your trivia thread noone reads.

Ha ha ha ha! Aw come on now! That's right, two guys burying the hatchet and all you see is homoerotism, (pun intended).

As you write, it's all YOU see, however there's not an inkling of joy in those posts. Wonder, yes, disgust, yes...but not happiness.

Ouch, there's a difference between reading and answering...but you'll figure that out. Maybe.


Oh, you read it all right, you can't help yourself!

Come on Will there are some nice daisies over there...to many pansies around here...

Last edited by Rocket Surgeon : 06-25-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #49
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Ha ha ha ha! Aw come on now! That's right, two guys burying the hatchet and all you see is homoerotism, (pun intended).

As you write, it's all YOU see, however there's not an inkling of joy in those posts. Wonder, yes, disgust, yes...but not happiness.

Ouch, there's a difference between reading and answering...but you'll figure that out. Maybe.


Oh, you read it all right, you can't help yourself!

I'm really just messing around with you Rocket. I'm sitting here watching The George Lopez Show and listening to my manly, macho music and bored. I can't find many threads that pique my interest to post in, so I came in this one. Carry on good lad, carry on.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #50
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I'm really just messing around with you Rocket. I'm sitting here watching The George Lopez Show and listening to my manly, macho music and bored. I can't find many threads that pique my interest to post in, so I came in this one. Carry on good lad, carry on.

Me too...Cheers!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.