General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

Rivers said:
I think everyone is expecting way too much out of Karen Allen

I don't think so, I don't believe that anyone here expects that Karen's got anything too groundbreaking to say, or the internet would be on fire with it already. I for one just get get excited every time a positive comment is tossed in the air by anyone connected to it. There would be a lot less interest in small things like this if the big three weren't playing it so close to the chest, but since Indy 5's "development" is shrouded in such secrecy, little things like this are all we've got to glob on to.

Darth Vile

Indy's brother said:
I don't think so, I don't believe that anyone here expects that Karen's got anything too groundbreaking to say, or the internet would be on fire with it already. I for one just get get excited every time a positive comment is tossed in the air by anyone connected to it. There would be a lot less interest in small things like this if the big three weren't playing it so close to the chest, but since Indy 5's "development" is shrouded in such secrecy, little things like this are all we've got to glob on to.

I agree. It's reflective of our desperation for news rather than any unrealistic expectation upon Karen Allen. :)

Montana Smith

Darth Vile said:
I agree. It's reflective of our desperation for news rather than any unrealistic expectation upon Karen Allen. :)

That, and our expectation that any news will be no-news. All that 'they're working on a story' is wearing thin!

Rivers

Montana Smith said:
That, and our expectation that any news will be no-news. All that 'they're working on a story' is wearing thin!

Yup! Thats what Im saying. Poor Karen was kept out of the loop for KOTCS that I highly doubt she has been told any more info for Indy 5 than any of us already know. Im afraid that Any news will be no news.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:

Oh the "there's an idea" angle has been ridden into the ground for sure. Just because we were made to wait almost 20 years for KOTCS is NOT a good enough reason to keep fans this far out of the loop. I think we've suffered enough, especially after the uneven reception of that film. After almost three years of teasing us with the idea, a public statement would be the classy move from GL and or SS. Expecting the hardcore fans to just aimlessly mill about in neutral while waiting for the other shoe to drop is a bit crass.

Maybe more than just a bit.

Mungi

Mickiana said:
Indy5 has been announced!!! Not really. Just trying it out.

Don't do that again!:gun:

So when is that new IndyCast episode with Karen Allen's "they're working on a story/on an idea" answer coming out?

Mungi

Mickiana said:
Sorry, couldn't wait for the Indycast announcement (not that there is going to be any announcement:( ).

Anyone knows the ending of Don McLeon's "American Pie", one of the greatest songs ever?

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd watched the fourth one years before
But the man there said the movie wouldn't play...

Indy's brother

Mungi said:
Anyone knows the ending of Don McLeon's "American Pie", one of the greatest songs ever?

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store

Pure. Genius.

:hat:

Stoo

Mungi said:
Don McLean...Mr./Mrs. Mungi fudged the lyrics so it's not "eerily apt". Don't get fooled, folks...;)

"Where I’d heard the music years before,
But the man there said the music wouldn’t play."

Mungi

Stoo said:
Don McLean...Mr./Mrs. Mungi fudged the lyrics so it's not "eerily apt". Don't get fooled, folks...;)

"Where I?d heard the music years before,
But the man there said the music wouldn?t play."

Oh yeah, Lean.

And Mr.:hat:

Well, that comes in your mind while you're studying, listening great music and waiting for some "Indy 5" news.:)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Mungi said:
Don't do that again!:gun:

So when is that new IndyCast episode with Karen Allen's "they're working on a story/on an idea" answer coming out?

I think Ed said beginning of this week. Unless they're waiting to get stuff from J.R-D fan's youtube videos. In which case, it may be a little bit later.

Mungi

So there wasn't any real information about another movie in this record, right? And that was what we had to wait for?:confused: Or did I miss something?

I'm thinking about staying away from this forum for a while, just to come back and see if anything has changed...:sleep:

Montana Smith

Mungi said:
So there wasn't any real information about another movie in this record, right? And that was what we had to wait for?:confused: Or did I miss something?

At least we can all sleep soundly in our beds, confident in our expectation that any news will be no-news. If that news eventually comes, it'll be as shocking an announcement as Hasbro releasing the last wave of their action figures. ;)

Mickiana

They say no news is good news, don' they? Why all the suspense about no news? "This week the no news centers around something someone said sometime ago in someplace we can't confirm as yet." If Karen had said something definitive, I would have been immediately screaming it to the heavens above. I can't wait for any news, but I can wait for no news.

Indy's brother

As long as no one has driven a wooden stake into the heart of the as of yet unconfirmed Indy 5, and no official word has come from Marshall, Lucas, Spielberg, or Ford, this is all:

MuchAdo.jpg

Fluff is entertaining though, and keeps us fans on our collective toes. Which in turn gives us all something to jaw about. So although there is likely nothing worth losing sleep over regarding anything Karen Allen had to say on the matter, it has at the very least contributed to keeping the conversation going on Indy 5 here, at least to this 4,500th post....